THE BROWNS BOARD

Whose the Leader

The Gipper

While in the lull days of the football season I start thinking and doing this trivia stuff, so bear with it. While you are contemplating that other set, here is one that will not have to make you think as hard. Just choose one or the other answers. This is called Whose the Leader. Pretty self explanatory:

1. Who had a higher Passing yards per game average in his career: Otto Graham or Brian Sipe?

2. Who has completed more passes in his career: Tom Brady or Drew Brees?

3. Who threw more interceptions in his career: Fran Tarkenton or Vinny Testaverde?

4. Who was sacked more times in his career: John Elway or Brett Favre (to date)?

5. Who has the higher Yards per Pass attempt average: Ben Roethlisberger or Tony Romo?

6. Who had the most career carries: Jim Brown or OJ Simpson?

7. Who had the most rushing yards in his career: Jamal Lewis or OJ Simpson?

8. Who had more rushing TDs in his career: John Henry Johnson or Kevin Mack?

9. Who had the higher rushing yards per game average: Franco Harris or Bo Jackson?

10. Who had the higher rushing yards per attempt average for his career: Terry Bradshaw or Jim Brown?

11. Who had more career receptions: Eric Metcalf or John Stallworth?

12. Who had more career TD catches: Hines Ward (to date) or Paul Warfield?

13. Who had the higher yards per catch average for his career: Bob Hayes or Paul Warfield?

14. Who scored the most total Touchdowns in his career: Jim Brown or Walter Payton?

15. Who had the most All Purpose Yards in his career: Jim Brown or Tim Brown?

16. Who had the most career sacks: Jerry Ball or Gerard Warren (to date)

17. Who had the most interceptions in his career: Jack Lambert, Ray Lewis (to date), or Sam Huff

18. Which colorful member of the Browns scored more TDs while with the Browns: Ken Brown, William Green, or Charles White?

19. Who played in more games with the Browns: Mike Phipps or Frank Ryan?

20. Counting just NFL years (not AAFC) which Quarterback had the most wins (regular season) as the starting QB for the Browns: Otto Graham or Brian Sipe?

notice the symetry of the first and last questions.

My God man---John Henry Johnson & Sam Huff, these are two names out of the past.. The sad part is that I saw both of them play (in person) and that makes me a really old fart....

John Henry was a thorn in the side of the Browns... Seems to me he always had big games against us although it was usually for nothing cause we won most of the time....

When I was a sophomore in college, my fraternity played the Steelers in a basketball game... I was in the locker room when Big Daddy Lipscome and Myron Pottios (sic--linebacker from Notre Dame) got into a tussel and George Terasovic (defensive tackle I believe) grabbed me and said lets go break that fight up...

The next thing I know is the lockers started falling over and a mass of humanity was on top of me...Bobby Layne pulled me aside, and safe from these maniacs, gave me his autograph and said--you didn't see anything...... I must have set a world record getting out of there....

Peace

T.Dawg

While in the lull days of the football season I start thinking and doing this trivia stuff, so bear with it. While you are contemplating that other set, here is one that will not have to make you think as hard. Just choose one or the other answers. This is called Whose the Leader. Pretty self explanatory:

Answers

1. Who had a higher Passing yards per game average in his career: Otto Graham or Brian Sipe?

Sipe: 189.7 Graham 187.2

2. Who has completed more passes in his career: Tom Brady or Drew Brees?

Brees: 2697 Brady: 2672

3. Who threw more interceptions in his career: Fran Tarkenton or Vinny Testaverde?

Testaverde: 267 (#4 all time) Tarkenton: 266 #5 all time

4. Who was sacked more times in his career: John Elway or Brett Favre (to date)?

Elway: 516 (#1 all time) Favre: 503 #2 all time

5. Who has the higher Yards per Pass attempt average: Ben Roethlisberger or Tony Romo?

Romo: 8.1 ypa Roethlisberger: 8.0 ypa

6. Who had the most career carries: Jim Brown or OJ Simpson?

OJ: 2404 Jim Brown: 2359

7. Who had the most rushing yards in his career: Jamal Lewis or OJ Simpson?

OJ: 11,236 Lewis: 10,607

8. Who had more rushing TDs in his career: John Henry Johnson or Kevin Mack?

John Henry Johnson: 48 Kevin Mack: 46

9. Who had the higher rushing yards per game average: Franco Harris or Bo Jackson?

Bo Jackson: 73.2 Franco Harris: 70.1

10. Who had the higher rushing yards per attempt average for his career: Terry Bradshaw or Jim Brown?

Jim Brown: 5.2 ypc Bradshaw: 5.1 ypc

11. Who had more career receptions: Eric Metcalf or John Stallworth?

Metcalf: 541 Stallworth: 537

12. Who had more career TD catches: Hines Ward (to date) or Paul Warfield?

Warfield: 85 Ward: 78

13. Who had the higher yards per catch average for his career: Bob Hayes or Paul Warfield?

Warfield: 20.1 Hayes: 20.0

14. Who scored the most total Touchdowns in his career: Jim Brown or Walter Payton?

Jim Brown: 126 Walter Payton: 125

15. Who had the most All Purpose Yards in his career: Jim Brown or Tim Brown?

Tim Brown: 19,679 Jim Brown: 15,459

16. Who had the most career sacks: Jerry Ball or Gerard Warren (to date)

Jerry Ball: 32.5 Gerard Warren: 32.0

17. Who had the most interceptions in his career: Jack Lambert, Ray Lewis (to date), or Sam Huff

Sam Huff: 30 Lambert and Lewis: 28 each

18. Which colorful member of the Browns scored more TDs while with the Browns: Ken Brown, William Green, or Charles White?

Charles White: 10 Green and Brown: 9 each

19. Who played in more games with the Browns: Mike Phipps or Frank Ryan?

Phipps: 88 games Ryan: 84 games

20. Counting just NFL years (not AAFC) which Quarterback had the most wins (regular season) as the starting QB for the Browns: Otto Graham or Brian Sipe?

They both had the same number of wins: 57 which is most in team history. Kosar had 53 and Ryan had 52.

notice the symetry of the first and last questions.

Whose?

And you wonder why some of us chuckle at your posts?

symetry?

The "symmetry" of your posts is that they all have a good bit of historical fact buried in a mountain of drivel! But at least you do the research:)

What? Are you the F**king Grammar Police?

Everything I put on here is accurate historical fact.

You just don't like some of those facts because they don't suit your delusions.

I mean, just because you wish the world were flat, don't make it flat.

What? Are you the F**king Grammar Police?

Everything I put on here is accurate historical fact.

You just don't like some of those facts because they don't suit your delusions.

I mean, just because you wish the world were flat, don't make it flat.

Steelers fans as grammar police??? Now that is funny!

Archived