THE BROWNS BOARD

"Nearly half of American Adults see the government today as a threat to individual rights rather than a protector of those rights.

Mr. T

Rasmussen poll finds a classic Left/Right divide: "Nearly half of American Adults see the government today as a threat to individual rights rather than a protector of those rights. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of Adults see the government today as a threat to rights. Thirty-seven percent (37%) hold the opposite view. Fifteen percent (15%) are undecided. Most Republicans (74%) and unaffiliateds (51%) consider the government to be a threat to individual rights. Most Democrats (64%) regard the government as a protector of rights. Additionally, most Americans (52%) say it is more important for the government to protect individual rights than to promote economic growth."

Source, Rasmussen HERE

Well, the Dems are still in "the right to take other richer people's wealth" ...

this Obamao gov is certainly protecting that as much as they can... @@

Rasmussen poll finds a classic Left/Right divide: "Nearly half of American Adults see the government today as a threat to individual rights rather than a protector of those rights. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of Adults see the government today as a threat to rights. Thirty-seven percent (37%) hold the opposite view. Fifteen percent (15%) are undecided. Most Republicans (74%) and unaffiliateds (51%) consider the government to be a threat to individual rights. Most Democrats (64%) regard the government as a protector of rights. Additionally, most Americans (52%) say it is more important for the government to protect individual rights than to promote economic growth."

Source, Rasmussen HERE

Not surprising, T, but I bet this has been the case since the days of The Patriot Act - if not before that.

Obama can't be blamed for this although he hasn't done anything to reverse this trend. You didn't blame Obama but I thought I'd throw this in.

The Patriot Act should be thrown out! Congress seems to be more scared of the locals than real terorists.

Here is an interesting blog below

Is the U.S. a Fascist Police-State?

A police-state uses the law as a mechanism to control any challenges to its power by the citizenry, rather than as a mechanism to insure a civil society among the individuals. The state decides the laws, is the sole arbiter of the law, and can selectively (and capriciously) decide to enforce the law to the benefit or detriment of one individual or group or another.

In a police-state, the citizens are “free” only so long as their actions remain within the confines of the law as dictated by the state. If the individual’s claims of rights or freedoms conflict with the state, or if the individual acts in ways deemed detrimental to the state, then the state will repress the citizenry, by force if necessary. (And in the end, it’s always necessary.)

The rest of the story here

As you mention Obama, didn't he state he was going to overturn the patriot act while campaigning in 2008?

Source, Rasmussen HERE

yeah and 80% of those folks who see the govt as a threat to individual rights............want their rights preserved and ..................and all other rights taken away

thats what happens when a nation goes brain dead........WE ACHIEVED IT...............ONE NATION UNDER GOD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xxxx ATHEISTS

Just curious; exactly what about the Patriot Act offends you?

WSS

It was rushed through after 9/11. The breadth of what can be done under it is too wide. The government can perform invasive data checks. The part that pisses me off most is that people believed to be terrorists can be held indefinitely. I'm not convinced that everyone at Gitmo (why is it still open, btw?) should be labeled a terrorist.

yeah and 80% of those folks who see the govt as a threat to individual rights............want their rights preserved and ..................and all other rights taken away

thats what happens when a nation goes brain dead........WE ACHIEVED IT...............ONE NATION UNDER GOD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xxxx ATHEISTS

I think this is a sarcastic rant about Christians. I think. Not too sure why diehard is thanking him if it is. Maybe I'm wrong.

Archived