THE BROWNS BOARD

A living legend

refjaf55

Don't you wish the Browns had a living legend on the team like this.... you can not tell me that video doesn't pump you up.

http://doyouwantobeayoutubepartner.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxlSqEHwQFs

We do thanks and many..............not to disrespect...............but wtf such a dumb post

We do thanks and many..............not to disrespect...............but wtf such a dumb post

If you don't like the post topic.....you don't need to comment on it. He didn't attack you, I know a lot of people do but he didn't. What a jerk move that is.

Anyway I would like to comment on the topic. I don't like Ray Lewis as a person but would I love to have a Ray Lewis on our team? Absolutely. He is A legend in this game. A first ballot HOF'er for sure. Without a doubt one of the best LB ever to play the game! Not only does he bring the fire he spreads it to everyone around him every game! That defense is good year in and year out and he is the main reason. He is the heart and the soul. Like polamalu (sp?) for the Steelers.

We don't have any of those guys on our team regardless of what the earlier poster said! Cribbs is definately the closest. He can change the game on one play but I don't see him as a legend in football ala Lewis or Favre. And I don't seem him rallying the troops and getting them all fired up and making them better.

So i couldn't agree more. Lewis is a still playing football legend and we do not have anybody close to that. Hopefully Haden will bring us some attitude and swagger in the years to come.

here's a better link:

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/sports_issues/40799

what's up with these assholes and atlanta night clubs? they poor a stronger drink down there than anywhere else?

FXXK RAY LEWIS. SCUMBAG.

I think we all know that story, that is why my post was referencing his play on the field. I can't believe the negativity, hate, and lack of any kind of respect that so many people on this board have. You don't have to love or respect the man, but he has earned respect for his accomplishments on the field. If he was a Brown his whole career I bet I would be hearing a much different tune.

If you don't like the post topic.....you don't need to comment on it. He didn't attack you, I know a lot of people do but he didn't. What a jerk move that is.

Anyway I would like to comment on the topic. I don't like Ray Lewis as a person but would I love to have a Ray Lewis on our team? Absolutely. He is A legend in this game. A first ballot HOF'er for sure. Without a doubt one of the best LB ever to play the game! Not only does he bring the fire he spreads it to everyone around him every game! That defense is good year in and year out and he is the main reason. He is the heart and the soul. Like polamalu (sp?) for the Steelers.

We don't have any of those guys on our team regardless of what the earlier poster said! Cribbs is definately the closest. He can change the game on one play but I don't see him as a legend in football ala Lewis or Favre. And I don't seem him rallying the troops and getting them all fired up and making them better.

So i couldn't agree more. Lewis is a still playing football legend and we do not have anybody close to that. Hopefully Haden will bring us some attitude and swagger in the years to come.

I had no problem with the subject matter of the post................the topic sucked.......it was what it was simply to inflame. If he wanted to inform he would have said Bmore has a living legend playing NOW. That said, I will accept your apology for going bonkers on me. If you did not like my post (using your rhetoric) don't comment on it. You did, I win. Sorry to inflame you.

AND YEAH Ray Lewis is one of the best ever..............maybe the.........but I got to include a few others in the mix.........51 of da Bears, 58 of the Steelers, and some guy who played for the Giants

I had no problem with the subject matter of the post................the topic sucked.......it was what it was simply to inflame. If he wanted to inform he would have said Bmore has a living legend playing NOW. That said, I will accept your apology for going bonkers on me. If you did not like my post (using your rhetoric) don't comment on it. You did, I win. Sorry to inflame you.

AND YEAH Ray Lewis is one of the best ever..............maybe the.........but I got to include a few others in the mix.........51 of da Bears, 58 of the Steelers, and some guy who played for the Giants

Ok I have been nice to you but now I get why so many on this board give you shit. You are kind of a d*ck. I just have to laugh it is so funny how far off you are from understanding simple human conversation. I can't wait until they throw you off this board. We would all be better off without your nonsense. And it is nonsense! Either that or you are just bipolar or something.

I think we all know that story, that is why my post was referencing his play on the field. I can't believe the negativity, hate, and lack of any kind of respect that so many people on this board have. You don't have to love or respect the man, but he has earned respect for his accomplishments on the field. If he was a Brown his whole career I bet I would be hearing a much different tune.

yes he is/was a great linebacker if not the best ever. but don't expect to post a thread about a player (who plays for an archrival and has such history of the filthy kind) and then be surprised with some negative feedback. he was a punk enforcer back in his days at the U. he learned how to get away with shit from his head coaches to the money men pulling his strings. sure if he was (and should have been) a brown i'd feel different. the fact of the matter is besides art modell and ozzie newsome i can't think of 2 more peoiple besides him that are the ultimate traitor when i think of "the baltimore ravens.....the new browns".........when we had nothing. yes he's strong, vigilant and mouthy. 3 reasons why i'd like to see him orate his acceptance speech for the HOF from a wheelchair.

xxxx off, idiot.

yes he is/was a great linebacker if not the best ever. but don't expect to post a thread about a player (who plays for an archrival and has such history of the filthy kind) and then be surprised with some negative feedback. he was a punk enforcer back in his days at the U. he learned how to get away with shit from his head coaches to the money men pulling his strings. sure if he was (and should have been) a brown i'd feel different. the fact of the matter is besides art modell and ozzie newsome i can't think of 2 more peoiple besides him that are the ultimate traitor when i think of "the baltimore ravens.....the new browns".........when we had nothing. yes he's strong, vigilant and mouthy. 3 reasons why i'd like to see him orate his acceptance speech for the HOF from a wheelchair.

Just be aware

1. I didn't start the thread.

2. I don't understand why you think he is a traitor to the Browns. I must have missed something over the years. He didn't ask the team to move.

3. I don't think Ozzie is a traitor. Sure I would love to have him in Cleveland but I am not aware of any time that he was offered that position or a better one in Cleveland. A man with a job feels more like a man and well an even better job? You get the point.

4. I don't mind disagreement. I will make my points. But I don't suffer fools or blind hatred very well.

I will just reiterate that I would want the Browns to have a playing legend like that on the team now. Now back to the Browns enough about Ray.

who is the living legend on the browns

By living legend, do you mean an "Active" player? If that is what you mean, say so.

We have many living legends that were former players with the Browns, including Ray Lewis boss.

We have none however, that to my knowledge, were responsible for the murder of two people.

Is Cribbs a "living legend"? Check out this list:

NFL Career Kick Returns for Touchdown Leaders

Football Leaders & Football Records : Single-Season · Career · Active · Year-by-Year

Rank Player (age), + - HOFer, Bold - Active TD Years Teams

1. Josh Cribbs (26) 8 2005-2009 cle

2. Travis Williams 6 1967-1971 2TM

Gale Sayers+ 6 1965-1971 chi

Ollie Matson+ 6 1952-1966 4TM

Dante Hall 6 2000-2008 2TM

Mel J. Gray 6 1986-1997 4TM

7. Michael Bates 5 1993-2003 6TM

Timmy Brown 5 1959-1968 3TM

Terrence McGee (29) 5 2003-2009 buf

Justin Miller (25) 5 2005-2009 2TM

Bobby Mitchell+ 5 1958-1968 2TM

Allen Rossum (34) 5 1998-2009 6TM

Abe Woodson 5 1958-1966 2TM

14. Ron J. Brown 4 1984-1991 2TM

Andre Coleman 4 1994-1998 3TM

Andre' Davis (30) 4 2002-2009 4TM

Devin Hester (27) 4 2006-2009 chi

Tony Horne 4 1998-2000 ram

Brian Mitchell 4 1990-2003 3TM

Cecil Turner 4 1968-1973 chi

Buddy Young 4 1947-1955 4TM

Leon Washington (27) 4 2006-2009 nyj

Jon Vaughn 4 1991-1994 3TM

Darrick Vaughn 4 2000-2003 2TM

Tamarick Vanover 4 1995-2002 2TM

26. Steve Van Buren+ 3 1944-1951 phi

Charley Warner 3 1963-1966 2TM

Dave Williams 3 1977-1981 2TM

Derrick Witherspoon 3 1995-1997 phi

Dave Hampton 3 1969-1976 3TM

Dennis Gentry 3 1982-1992 chi

Raymond Clayborn 3 1977-1991 2TM

Lynn Chandnois 3 1950-1956 pit

Cullen Bryant 3 1973-1987 2TM

Vitamin Smith 3 1949-1953 ram

Ron Smith 3 1965-1974 5TM

Deion Sanders 3 1989-2005 5TM

Ellis Hobbs (26) 3 2005-2009 2TM

Tyrone Hughes 3 1993-1998 3TM

Ronney Jenkins 3 2000-2003 2TM

Terry Kirby 3 1993-2002 4TM

Michael Lewis 3 2001-2007 2TM

Lenny Lyles 3 1958-1969 2TM

Jerome Mathis 3 2005-2007 htx

Mercury Morris 3 1969-1976 2TM

Chad Morton 3 2000-2006 4TM

There is an argument for it.

Yeah- and maybe someday Ray will eventually spend some jail time with another best ever- Lawrence Taylor. Great player- sure- Scumbag Delux- Right on. And I can't be accused of playing the hypocrisy card- I wanted Donte Stawworth kicked off the team about a year before it happened, and I never wanted the (slightly) reformed Jamal Lewis playing for the Browns.

I'd rather lose with class, than win with criminals.

I'd rather lose with class, than win with criminals.

I know you are right and for the most part agree. However, as the years pass by, I am starting to waiver a bit and wouldn't mind maybe a few semi-thugs if it helped our cause. ;)

i was getting desperate and beginning to accept character compromise too, especially under Savage.

really glad Mangini is at the wheel now. dude has integrity.

on topic, Ray was apparently born to be an NFL LB. truly an enduring and awesome player

(even if we did get suckered into clicking his link first. clever marketing)

player durability is underrated imo and adds to the Clay Mathews argument.

Archived