THE BROWNS BOARD

Have the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals benefitted from the Browns lack of success?

SJ_Browns

I pose this question to my fellow Browns fans. If you look at it for what it really is, the AFCN has feasted for years off of the Browns lack of success. For the last 11 Seasons, the Browns have been plagued by injuries, bad drafts, poor management, bad coaching, etc. Not to mention the fact that the Browns were screwed by the NFL upon re-entering the league and weren't given the same amount of time and money (as other new teams have received) to get ready for the upcoming season.

So what happens to the AFCN if Holmgren is the real deal (as many of us believe) and he gets the Browns back to prominence? What happens to the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers if they can no longer benefit from a weak Browns team. What happens if there are no more guaranteed wins against the Browns and the competition heats up in the AFCN?

In a weakened state, the Browns have (on a few occassions) held their AFCN rivals out of the playoffs by beating them once or twice. So what happens if the Browns are more competitive? What happens if the Browns become a winning organization? Will this expose a team (or teams) in the AFCN and show they're not as good as people thought they were?

As less than adequate as this question is and as obvious are the answers are..............yes the other teams benefitted from the browns stankage.............get off the injury bs, .........what happens is more of the same winners win and losers lose..................cause if the Browns stank less they win against other teams that make the bengals and steelers and ravens competitive

this question and thread needs destroyed useless and irrelevant

As less than adequate as this question is and as obvious are the answers are..............yes the other teams benefitted from the browns stankage.............get off the injury bs, .........what happens is more of the same winners win and losers lose..................cause if the Browns stank less they win against other teams that make the bengals and steelers and ravens competitive

this question and thread needs destroyed useless and irrelevant

you should look in the mirror and concentrate on yourself instead of trying to criticize someone else. your posts are always a bunch of gibberish, your opinion is absolutley worthless and your patriotism to pittsburgh is pathetic. get a f*cking clue, little man.

Well, without 2 easy wins in 2000 where the Ravens kicked our dicks into the dirt, they don't get to the playoffs as a wild card and don't win the Superbowl. Therefore, yes, they benefited from us sucking.

I agree Rich is a pimple on the a$$ of society as evidenced by his political rant and his "fan of both" garbage but were you looking in a mirror yourself when you wrote this?

Also, there is no such thing as "patriotism" to a sports team. Love, loyalty, excitement, etc are all things you feel for a sports team but patriotism is something totally different. Patriotism is what makes you willing to die for your country rather than sit on on your lazy a$$ and complain about war just because you are a coward and don't have the backbone to accept that war is a necessary evil. Patriotism is what makes you realize that, yes, we the United States are bullies and we often dictate our wants and wishes on other countries.......but patriotism is what makes you proud to realize that "someone has to be the leader" and thank God every day that it's us, a country who's goals are freedom and peace!

wow, you really took it way too far. it's not that deep, man. not for you to post something like this. you have a habit of blowing things out of proportion. i guess it's just the dumb ass in you. i understand, you can't help it. it just comes natural to you. you're a natural born idiot.

and you're actually worse off than rich. based on all of your idiotic posts and the amount of time you spend on a rival teams board, your the one that needs to look in the mirror. i have you steeler trolls blocked so i can't see your insane posts, but opccasionally i unblock you morons just to get a good laugh. thanks for the entertainment, little man. you've served your purpose for today.

Well, without 2 easy wins in 2000 where the Ravens kicked our dicks into the dirt, they don't get to the playoffs as a wild card and don't win the Superbowl. Therefore, yes, they benefited from us sucking.

Unfortunately this couldn't be more off base because a good Browns team isn't beating the Ravens in 2000. Just like a good Browns team wasn't going to beat the Steelers three seasons ago. Sure they're going to put up more of a fight but in recent memory those are two of the best defenses in the history of the league (arguably, but the stats don't lie) Pretty Retarded statement if we're being honest. They would have been less of a door mat.

Not so sure about that one. I believe they were 12-4 that year. Even if the Browns would have beaten them once, they still probably make the playoffs and go on their postseason run.

Unfortunately this couldn't be more off base because a good Browns team isn't beating the Ravens in 2000. Just like a good Browns team wasn't going to beat the Steelers three seasons ago. Sure they're going to put up more of a fight but in recent memory those are two of the best defenses in the history of the league (arguably, but the stats don't lie) Pretty Retarded statement if we're being honest. They would have been less of a door mat.

Agreed. I really do think the best example yet of this point is that 2008 season where the Ravens "benefitted" from playing in a division with a couple of "doormats"....with the Patriots being the "victim" in that case.

I suspect if one researched long and hard enough you could probably come up with a few other examples.

Ravens were 12-4 and without beating a shit browns team twice could have been 10-6, the same as the 6th seed colts. Not sure if they would have been out of the playoffs or in at that point, but there's no question that two cakewalks helped them reach the superbowl and win it.

Archived