THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Coming Home...

shepwrite

The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

Welcome back old pal!

The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

Yeah, we're all still here. Skippy doesn't post much in the summer, he's too busy losing little league games and sipping umbrella drinks.

Good to see your name on the board again. How long til you launch a QB thread?

Zombo

So Shep ... do you have a good feeling about this year?

I do.

I think our running game is going to rock, our defense is going be a Top Ten D, and Jake is going to bring a winning attitude and get into a nice veteran "groove' for a couple of seasons.

I think we are 10-6 type team ... this year. I really do.

I thought we drafted very well, grabbed some nice free agents without breaking the bank, and added depth all over. And our secondary coverage is going to make a world of difference.

Love Holmgren, love the new Mangini without the weight of the world on him...

Training camp is just a couple weeks away ... I haven't been this excited in years.

Zombo

I think our running game is going to rock, our defense is going be a Top Ten D, and Jake is going to bring a winning attitude and get into a nice veteran "groove' for a couple of seasons.

Zombo

I so hope our running game is a slobberknocker. I'm so tired of watching pansey football. I think that even Ed will drop the Defensive stand and applaud a hard nose rushing attack as a staple here.

I'm running out to meetings but I'll give my rundown later.

I like our OL, our RBs, and most of our defense. I think we could use a serious stud pass rusher in the near future, a dominant athlete.

I think we're pretty weak at quarterback and WR is either terrifying or kind of intriguing, depending on what day you ask me.

Over the long haul, we're gonna need our 10-year Top 10 type of quarterback to compete in a league that's all about passing now (as Holmgren pretty much said). My hope is that McCoy doesn't stop us from getting Locker, Luck, or Ponder unless he's show that he was a mega-steal.

There are NO third-round quarterbacks starting for their original team. Only TWO have had long-term success for their original team after being drafted later than round one (Romo and Brady). The odds are really against McCoy becoming our guy.

WR is either terrifying or kind of intriguing, depending on what day you ask me.

You can even ask me on my birthday, Christmas, or even when I've had too many umbrella foo-foo drinks; the WR position still sucks IMO.

(ok, maybe not after too many foo-foo drnks as even Howard starts looking good then).

There are NO third-round quarterbacks starting for their original team. Only TWO have had long-term success for their original team after being drafted later than round one (Romo and Brady). The odds are really against McCoy becoming our guy.

Well, whether he is, or he isn't , he a was a nice stab in the third round.

Delhomme and Wallace are veterans from winning franchises and Holmgren wanted them here ... he knows a thing or two.

What I like about the McCoy thing is that he IS a third round pick, therefore there is no pressure to rush him, and no fans clammoring for him.

Let's establish a tradition of running people over, dominating the line of scrimmage, and playing dawged D and the QB will come, one way or another.

Franchise QBs are like hot chicks ... they don't always walk into your life when you are looking for them. Let's get gritty and win some games, we may never be in position to draft a Manning, but we can always pluck a Brady or Brees along the way ... it happens ... and you never know, Colt could be the one ... but I'm going to worry about it right now ... let's establish Cleveland Browns Football and knock some heads around. The Steeler victory was a great start ... and now Holmgren and Mangini are going turn this into a franchise that contends year after year.

Zombo

How long does it take before I become a "regular"?

All you have to do is:

1.) Stay with us through a complete season and off-season.

2.) Beat up a Newbie.

3.) Call someone gay.

4.) Embarass a Steeler troll

5.) Make a football-related post.

Welcome back Shep! I took a break this spring, but I can't wait to see our rushing attack this year!

I wonder why you would be less inclined to trash the other board? Is it because you're a more evolved, more noble human?

Give it some thought. I think you'll figure it out.

I've retired from mod duties both here and there, so I didn't feel an obligation to break up the 2nd Grade scuffles that broke out in a bunch of scattered threads. I did let the moderators know about a couple posts that insulted you personally and professionally, but you're right that I didn't wade into some of the the prolonged back & forths. To be honest, I didn't even read them: why would I be interested in spending my free time on that stuff?

I hope you find this board to be a good home for you. Perhaps you & Zombo can rekindle your bromance by talking about how much both of you liked Jimmy Clausen. Hopefully, the QB debates that infected this board last fall won't recur anytime soon...though your takes on Delhomme & McCoy could ruffle some feathers.

Anyway, I honestly hope you have some great football talk here. I'm just disappointed that you had to trash the other place while making your exit.

Of for crying out loud, take your girlish little bickering back to whereever you came from. Are you serious?

LOL!

I'm glad Shep is back ... for the football talk.

And I love when Alo posts ... for the football knowledge.

But keep the Drama over at Drama Queen Central.

We have this place running just the way it should in the Summer ... low key and Browns-related.

Zombo

On a side note as long as i'm here when am i going to be enshrined for winning the FF last year?

The site will be completely updated with a new look for the 2010 Season!

I apologize for the delay.

The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

Welcome back! I'm still here from the old gang.

I'm a bit surprised by this thread.

On a side note as long as i'm here when am i going to be enshrined for winning the FF last year?

Shep, this is not a good thread for you.

I'm feeling pretty good about it. I got treated like shit by a small band of miscreants on that other board and the mod chose not to stop it, only getting mad when I fired back. I'm done. It's dead to me.

Not more drama.

Welcome back.

I saw where you posted on dawgtalkers and said you would post there. I have been a member over there for years.

I actually said good things about you and didn't feel like I was telling a lie.

In a PM I did mention mods didn't allow new threads if the subject was already being discussed in a active thread.....and it has been pretty good about it that way here lately....it just makes for a cleaner board where you don't have to hunt down through 3-4-5 threads to reply or read for a reply to a question you asked.

This forum takes you back to the last reply visited....so it makes for a good flow.

Welcome back man.

I'm a bit surprised by this thread.

Shep, this is not a good thread for you.

And someone won the basketball championship of the entire civilized world this past winter.

I don't know... maybe I've been workiing too hard farming and gardening.... (940? tomato plants...)...

but I think I have missed the endless qb threads from Sheppie.

Nobody does it better !

Welcome back.

I don't know... maybe I've been workiing too hard farming and gardening.... (940? tomato plants...)...

but I think I have missed the endless qb threads from Sheppie.

Nobody does it better !

Welcome back.

As long as they are contained to a reasonable degree and not a new thread with every post....look at the board now....there are multiple threads 2,3, even 7 pages long.....It wasn't like that a year ago...you would have a thread and 15 posts later you had another on basically the same thing.

Archived