THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Coming Home...

shepwrite

Sorry, Hoss, but you're spouting the same cover-up that only sold to your little choir over there. It's over. Nobody's buying. BPP even admitted that things were allowed to get out of hand with the attacks on me from a certain group. I have e-mail friends (Alo, Heck, mz the pussy, Crow, Grimm) who supported me throughout. My problems were exclusively with The Gang, all of whom constantly tried to rationalize their behavior by saying it was "everybody."

I started two threads in my last two weeks over there. Neither was mean or provocative, which is the same for every discussion I started there. Then they spiraled from the same attacks as always, which even Golf told you guys in the actual threads.

Sorry, man. The Gang made that board impossible. Not me. We're done. I won't be responding to you anymore.

Shep, dude, please stop.

Just let this guy spew his nonsense. We've all proven over here that we like you, that we don't care about the other board, and stuff...

So just let the guy spew his nonsense. Be silent and be golden.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, I never talk about what I do for a living. You sound like you're in a full-on meth rage over a sports board and a guy you decided to hate. You need to seriously reevaluate and move on. Re-read your posts and how you sound. It's disturbing.

Hell, not only did SEVERAL people constantly remind you guys that you were jumping me without provocation (mz the pussy, Heck, Alo, Grimm, Crow, PGL)... but even Golfer in the last few days pointed out that there were two guys who would never, ever engage me in debate. They'd only attack. That's KoK and Vegasdogg. I made complete peace with BPP and he PM'd me, asking me to write a blog on that board. You're living in a fantasy world where you can bully up on one guy and then claim he's the instigator and everybody buys it.

Nobody bought it. The board became all about a handful of guys aligned against one guy. Most of the others stayed out of it entirely. I think a mod of any decent board would have stopped it, but 'Spec wouldn't do it and that's too bad.

You're now trying to create the impression that I was endlessly slagging Ate and that's simply not true, either. We haven't talked about this board for a very, very long time.

Let it go, man. You don't know anything about me and I don't know anything about you. You've chosen to hate and that's your right. Now take it elsewhere. We won't be playing that way here.

As much as I have tried to stay neutral throughout all this I have decided to say a few things. First, Stan and Z I consider friends and for any of you who have never met Stan he is an awesome dude. I can't wait to share a brew with Z someday if he ever gets his ass out of Naples for a minute. This whole divorce was totally unnecessary IMO and I have always been pissed about it. This board could have been the bomb and was well on its way. Spin it however you want, but a ton of good football guys left this board and they were not all Quinn fags or crybabies like they are portrayed to be.

That being said, guys like myself and Flugs were getting tired of trying to talk football here with no decent talk in return. It became disconcerting and most of the subjects were off topic garbage. Upon following the other board, it became clear there was some good discussion going on over there and I slowly started posting more and more---as did Flugs. Pretty soon I was asked to mod and I accepted, but at that point I was relieved of my duties here. I had no problem with that and understood--it is a conflict of interest, but I am not going to feel guilty about going where the football talk is.

I still try to post on both boards but this immature board rivalry has got to stop guys----period. Nobody should have to feel obligated to one or other of the boards, regardless of circumstances. Stan used to post on the old Revolution with many of the guys who came here, as well as the ABJ. Gabe has put a lot of hard work into the other board and he really wasn't a part of the split.

Now, onto Shep. I was the one trying to talk Stan out of letting Shep go from here in the first place and I also had Shep's back on the other board for the most part. I understand his value to a board. The hypocrisy of all this is that Shep bragged about being one of the main guys to start the other board, while Stan used Shep as the main reason to give this board an enema. That's all well and good, but let's not kid ourselves here, it was a messy divorce and as the quote below illustrates Shep had ill will to this place and it's posters as recently as the day he came here.

So let's cut the shit. Shep, you annoyed a bunch of guys over there and whether you feel blame or not it is irrelevant, it happened. Now that you're back home let's knock the board trashing garbage out. Sean has come a long way as a person since his days here and Gabe is a tremendous guy, so it is unfortunate that guys like myself and Alo have to feel like yoyos in all this. I want to be friends with everybody, enjoy both boards and our camaraderie as Browns fans.

Here is Shep's quote: I'm not going to post the link but it was 3 days ago. It's also an example of the condescending approach that annoyed the shit out of many over repeated posts. I'm not attacking you Shep, just calling it as I see it.

Please don't support that shit, Sean. This board will end up with an IQ like Ate's. And that's not a pretty sight. That was the result of putting halos on bullies, too. Eventually, all the smart kids lose interest and that's what you have.

And I'll give Riff a +1 on that post. Too bad the big split happened, but it did. As was mentioned, we were close to having the ultimate discussion group, but then personalities got in the way. And as a moderator, not a lot I could do- I do have a life outside of this board, and I flat out don't have the time to spend 4-6 hours everyday reading posts and babysitting here. No reason to be trashing other Board(s). That's a lot of good posters who walked out, and they're missed- the door is still open here for most of them. We're here to talk Browns football mostly, and there's plenty of other forums on this site to debate other topics.

Can't wait for Cal and Shep to get into it again on the Political Forum.

Good job, Riff. I think that smooths everything and puts a cap on it. We're good. Cutting and pasting was probably a little gay-ish, but it's a quote I actually like a lot and stand by for any board anywhere. Bullies have to be leashed, period. Personal attacks have to be nipped.

Left unchecked, all hell breaks loose really fast, because nobody just lies there and takes it.

Nicely done. I think it's good to know that neither Ate nor this board came up much at all over there, and we can now do the same here. Now stay around and shoot the shit.

(And with 1,650 views on this already, I'll try to fade into the background, too. Holy shit.)

anyway, think about this you be adulated for wrong so many times...........I be disgraced for being so right so many times.........you be a football genius for being wrong and I be a complete asswipe for being right,..........

the bottom line things are always about what leadership wants one to be..............

me I see no sage wisdom in you and plenty in me..............

so it is what it is................who rules arrogance and stupidity or forthright statistics and discussion................

the latter is about me,.............NOT SURe what it is your about.........

but please do inform me

btw, ALO I was just busting your chops you posts have always football expertise some the of best that actually expressed a real knowledge of the game. The only thing I said above that was not in jest was the part about "things are always about what Leadership want one to be''

I think Stan learned a lot in recent times and his board is reflecting a good amount of maturity of late.

Actually, the Iconic feud of old was Zombo vs Atenears on the whole Couch issue from back in 1999. Those two were like hateful siblings clashing over the still warm corpse of their rich and ugly Step Mom.

Then the Rich vs. Zombo feud on whether Rich owes Zombo money (he does) on the infamous Clarrett Bet.

mz the pussy/Diehard was lame, tame, and new compared to these old rows.

And what makes the old feuds more tantalizing? They were about Browns, and all the "your a fag, no you are" crap was mostly in jest, and they would get together and drink a beer at the tailgates and laugh about the funny arguments they had on here.

Shep, I think you are one of the most intelligent and well spoken posters around. You have a view point, and you tend to pound it into the earth till there ain't a speck of dust left. If anyone disagrees with you, no matter how nicely, you post more vociferously, in different language, but still the same message, your point. Then you play the victim card when people jump all over you for it. Calling it like I see it, but who knows, I could be missing the point or blind as a bat, you pick.

All that being said, I'm glad you are back here, and look forward to further discussion about our beloved Browns.

Actually, since this thread is a giant love in and I will participate. Zombo and I never had any bet............and he will attest that or I will rip off his 1/4 inch penis.......love yah thaak and you too Zombo

Wow, this thread is lame. Some of us have no idea what the hell any of you are talking about. I don't even know, or care, about the other site you are talking about, much less some internet fight between people with apparently waaaay too much time on their hands. I hope to hell this thread gets locked, and then deleted............Some of us, and especially I, DON"T GIVE A SHIT.

I don't get involved with all the board drama.....I like the pic in reference to a soap opera.

I like how this board has been running.....good discussion that stays on topic for the most part in threads that remain current because they aren't bumped down by 20 threads discussing essentially the same thing.

Lets keep it that way guys and gals.

In a day or two this drama will wear off. People made their choices..if they choose to come back my hope it is to contribute in a positive manner and not bring the festering BS.....so as far as I am concerned, it's time to let this thread fall to the back pages.

The Browns Board is a great online Browns community, accented by a great hosting Tailgate Party. With longtime members stretched all acorss the planet, and those fine folks traveling in to meet others traveling shorter distances, has been just an outstanding camraderie that I have not see any other online community acheive to as high of degree. Some try to copy the format, but there is only one BROWNS BOARD. This is the Browns online community to be a part of.

Hats off to the many people who have stayed together for many, many, years and made The Browns Board what it is today. Second to none, and with #1 search engine rankings and popularity, this season is going to kick-off the next great five seasons, it is worth being a part of.

Our Big Tailgate Parties this season center around the Jets game in the second weekend in November. We have already heard from many returning groups coming in for most of the early Home games, and all inviting and wanting to share the experience with others for the first time.

Here's to the upcoming Training Camp, preseason, and regular season and the tailgate parties surrounding Cleveland Browns football.

THE BROWNS BOARD ... full body flavor, and an original.

I'm all in, Ate. Anything I said about you on the other board was out of anger for the weird ending. I'm really happy to be back, and in a weird way, it worked out. The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.

That's all I ever really wanted. I like starting provocative, fun, polarizing threads that spur conversation. But I never go mean and I never go after anybody.

So... is anybody thinking about the Miami game? I'm targeting that or the opener in Tampa Bay.

The Browns Board is a great online Browns community, accented by a great hosting Tailgate Party. With longtime members stretched all acorss the planet, and those fine folks traveling in to meet others traveling shorter distances, has been just an outstanding camraderie that I have not see any other online community acheive to as high of degree. Some try to copy the format, but there is only one BROWNS BOARD. This is the Browns online community to be a part of.

Hats off to the many people who have stayed together for many, many, years and made The Browns Board what it is today. Second to none, and with #1 search engine rankings and popularity, this season is going to kick-off the next great five seasons, it is worth being a part of.

Our Big Tailgate Parties this season center around the Jets game in the second weekend in November. We have already heard from many returning groups coming in for most of the early Home games, and all inviting and wanting to share the experience with others for the first time.

Here's to the upcoming Training Camp, preseason, and regular season and the tailgate parties surrounding Cleveland Browns football.

THE BROWNS BOARD ... full body flavor, and an original.

I'm all in, Ate. Anything I said about you on the other board was out of anger for the weird ending. I'm really happy to be back, and in a weird way, it worked out. The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.

That's all I ever really wanted. I like starting provocative, fun, polarizing threads that spur conversation. But I never go mean and I never go after anybody.

So... is anybody thinking about the Miami game? I'm targeting that or the opener in Tampa Bay.

I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was remnded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.

I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was remnded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.

My brother-in-law died last month and they live in the Ft. Myers area. The plan is me, my oldest son, my sister, her two grown sons, and one of their wives. And lots of drinking and probably crying, which I hate.

The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?

Shep,

I'm still here. Not sure that I'm part of the "Old Gang" unless being part of the '80 graduating class of Stow counts.

Glad you're back and extremely glad that Lumberg isn't!!!

Old Dawg

My brother-in-law died last month and they live in the Ft. Myers area. The plan is me, my oldest son, my sister, her two grown sons, and one of their wives. And lots of drinking and probably crying, which I hate.

Shep I am sorry to hear that. It is always hard on the family. One thing I can add, is it always gets better man.

Shep I am sorry to hear that. It is always hard on the family. One thing I can add, is it always gets better man.

Damn this truly a love in. Here in Charlotte we host the Browns diss season.........I tink? Anyway Shep is tops, he is a volumatic info machine.......and that is a good thing. The guy just sends it always.

I understand I am hated most Browns boards except OBR. But I am excited that we finally have dumped the Sewage again this time (Savage) pardon the pun.

I commend Stan for hanging tough in the this debacle of boreds.

You woulda thunk the new guys would have made sure they did not make the same mistakes made here...........but they magnified the same mistakes

While Stan and Co masterfully..............defussed the bad blood and made this place way stronger

As John Belushi said ..........."did we give up when Germany invaded Pearl Harbor?"

Nice to see my big time friends Ed, Johnny B, Hoorta, Kathy, and the rest ..................getting it on as always,,,,,,,,,,,

Anyway ED love you man..................and Johnny B just keep rolling...........Go Browns

Thanks Stan for being a real man

The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.

You just can't shut up about that other board can you Shep? You need to understand that there is no "same people." There is the same Shep, and the shit that got old HERE, and the shit that got old THERE, is going to get old here - AGAIN. Plenty of people need you here, but when they get sick of your shit they're gonna dump your ass just like the last board and the board before that.

If you REALLY want the last board to go away, quit bringing it up. Quit talking about some horrible experience you had over there. Quit bringing up the "haunting posters" that followed you there.

Leave the past in the past. If you still have to bring it up now, you're NEVER going to let it go. You're in a room full of people here that have less tolerance of your BS than the room you just left. And you know that. Just a matter of time before they tell you......

Leave the past in the past. If you still have to bring it up now, you're NEVER going to let it go. You're in a room full of people here that have less tolerance of your BS than the room you just left. And you know that. Just a matter of time before they tell you......

sage advice. what's good for the goose is good for the gander, eh? :D

curious, how many times did you refresh this topic today?

you can't catch greased lightning, Hoss. the horse is officially dead.

as they say, "move along...nothin' to see here."

You just can't shut up about that other board can you Shep? You need to understand that there is no "same people." There is the same Shep, and the shit that got old HERE, and the shit that got old THERE, is going to get old here - AGAIN. Plenty of people need you here, but when they get sick of your shit they're gonna dump your ass just like the last board and the board before that.

If you REALLY want the last board to go away, quit bringing it up. Quit talking about some horrible experience you had over there. Quit bringing up the "haunting posters" that followed you there.

I warned you, Hoss.

See ya...

Say "hey" to the girls.

Zombo

• 3 weeks later...
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?

Hey Shep, I seen you started posting back on the site you hate. :blink:

I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was reminded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.

Stan, my feeble mind doesn't recall you being at that Tampa game in '99. On second thought maybe I do- seems to involve an episode with a pizza delivery guy that I wasn't a part of. :) I was at a Browns Bucs game at Raymond James- Can't remember the year- but I do remember it was by far the hottest game I've ever been at.

The bottom line is we have to get Shep and Z in town for the Jets game- and set up a rather large bail fund in case anyone gets thrown in jail Saturday night. :)

I am a new Browns fan. I didn't know I had to make a choice between the boards on which I would post. I am trying to learn as much as possible as rapidly as possible about the Browns for this season and the foreseeable future. This thread doesn't seem to help me learn anything about the Browns. I hope it is not indicative of what transpires on this board on a regular basis.

I would be the last one to dash any hopes but you gotta be kidding me . If you want to learn how to be a Browns fan just grab a hammer and beat yourself repeatedly about the head and neck . The pain that derives will get you started in knowing what kind of pain is involved in Being a Browns fan . lol

Well, whether he is, or he isn't , he a was a nice stab in the third round.

Delhomme and Wallace are veterans from winning franchises and Holmgren wanted them here ... he knows a thing or two.

What I like about the McCoy thing is that he IS a third round pick, therefore there is no pressure to rush him, and no fans clammoring for him.

Let's establish a tradition of running people over, dominating the line of scrimmage, and playing dawged D and the QB will come, one way or another.

Franchise QBs are like hot chicks ... they don't always walk into your life when you are looking for them. Let's get gritty and win some games, we may never be in position to draft a Manning, but we can always pluck a Brady or Brees along the way ... it happens ... and you never know, Colt could be the one ... but I'm going to worry about it right now ... let's establish Cleveland Browns Football and knock some heads around. The Steeler victory was a great start ... and now Holmgren and Mangini are going turn this into a franchise that contends year after year.

Zombo

What you are describing is exactly how Atlanta went from a 3-13 in 2007-2008 to an 11-5 team in 2008-2009. The punished the opposing defense with Michael Turner and had Matt Ryan throw the football only to mix things up. I know because I saw all of their games. I live in Savannah,Ga. Now the only difference here is...Colt McCoy doesn't fit the franchise quarterback profile on paper. Even Matt Ryan exceeded expectations. But I do think that he and Colt are going to be something to see in a few years. Very interesting analogy when speaking of franchise quarterbacks btw. What a lot of people forget is if your team can run the football most times they control the tempo of the game. This makes defense much easier especially with a defense with limited or unproven talent because running the ball keeps the opposing offense off the field and gives them less time to operate when on the field. It's like Mr. Miyagi says "Best Defense Against Punch Is Not To Be There."

Archived