THE BROWNS BOARD

Fan base rankings

Kosarfan

I never said Steeler fans were better. Both teams have something to brag about as far as fans go. The Browns fans are the most loyal.....period. Steeler fans follow their team, support their team, and understand that the organization and coaches probably know a little more than we do.

I am 52 years old and have been a Steeler fan since the age of 11 or 12 so my time includes a few of the "doormat" years and the mediocre 80's. Never once did I experience hate for the Browns or their fans during the 80's when we couldn't beat you guys, a healthy rivalry type of hatred during game time, but not a deep seated hatred like you guys have. But then, I/we haven't experienced this feeling for 40 years running so I can only hope that I would not act as you do.

I am here because I live in NE Ohio and am fascinated by the tens of thousands (if not millions) of Browns fans who hate the Steelers and their fans simply because we beat you like red headed step children. Quite frankly there are a host of teams who own the Browns over the past few decades and there are other cities who's fans endure a bad product decade after decade and their fans don't hate........why is this?

Did it ever occur to you that it is not hate but a feeling of competition that is fueled by something called divisional rivalry ? Pittsburg and Cleveland are in the same divison and will face each other twice. Same with Oakland and San Diego. So this "hatred" is not something common to just the Browns.

I disagree but that shouldn't shock you.

The Browns organization is one that would be very easy to slam and throw darts at, I have not done that. The majority of my posts state simple facts, or dispute stupid statements. It's evident that you don't like facts that make you look bad; People make comments about the Steelers being the doormat of the league for 30-40 years and it doesn't antagonize me because it's simply the truth..

It's like a used car salesman who gets angry when people make comments about used car salesmen; used car salesmen have earned their reputation just like the Steelers did from 1933 to 1970 and the Browns have from 1965 to the present.

you represent yourself, not the entire steeler fan base.

I disagree but that shouldn't shock you.

The Browns organization is one that would be very easy to slam and throw darts at, I have not done that. The majority of my posts state simple facts, or dispute stupid statements. It's evident that you don't like facts that make you look bad; People make comments about the Steelers being the doormat of the league for 30-40 years and it doesn't antagonize me because it's simply the truth..

It's like a used car salesman who gets angry when people make comments about used car salesmen; used car salesmen have earned their reputation just like the Steelers did from 1933 to 1970 and the Browns have from 1965 to the present.

Just go to the top and do a search for the word 'stains'...and you will find at least 5 steeler fans on here using that word...and THIS IS A BROWNS FORUM!!! I can just imagine the usage on a Steeler board. I didn't even bother to look at the other words like clowns, etc...

YOU may be classy enough not to use it (as is Preacher), but for the most part...I tend to think most Pittsburgh fans are quite vitriolic when it comes to talking about the Browns.

I guess the difference is that on the Steeler boards I've been on the Browns are not a topic of conversation like the Steelers are here. Quite honestly the Steeler fans talk about the next opponent, the weak offense, the terrible O-line, the awesome defense, etc. And to be honest there are a few there who use derogatory words about the Browns but here, I would be willing to bet that 80% of the references to the Steelers are vitriolic (nice word BTW). It's obvious that the fans here are enthralled by the Steelers, positive or negative.

Again, you are looking at this as in a bubble. I doubt that you have a lot of BROWNS FANS over on your Steeler sites stirring the pot! If you did, then the topic of the Browns would come up more...and then the vitriol (yeah, I liked that word too) would start flowing.

So, let's put it this way....next year...if the Browns were kicking but and the Steelers struggled...and you got a bunch of Browns fans over on Steeler message boards talking smack...do you honestly believe they would be treated with kid gloves?

Archived