THE BROWNS BOARD

Bernie Kosar reacts to LeBron James deserting Cleveland Fans

SJ_Browns

Good reply and I agree with a lot of it.

A couple points.....history is what says he couldn't win it all in Cleveland, that and an organization in turmoil after last season.

There's no question LeBron is a major a$$hat.............so why all the tears over his departure?

There's also no question that Gilbert is as dumb as dirt.......no matter if 100% of every word he said is true he is flat out stupid for saying it and even stupider for the way he said it. What big name player will want to play under Gilbert after that? Gilbert sounds like a jilted teenager.......he bends over backwards to keep LeBron, makes a huge issue out of how hard they tried to keep him, and then when they lose him he comes out and tells the world what an a$$hat LeBron is. It's like the cute high school girl who dumps the guy......he begs and stalks her, makes an a$$ of himself and when she finally tells him to hit the road he tells everybody how big of a beeyocth she was.

As far as the home town aspect...........it's non-existant.....this is a job.....it's a business.

Come on , We Pittsburgh Fans have NO RIGHT to rip Cavs fans for this... We hated Barry Bonds forever when he left...and witha PASSION and LONG Before he was linked to ROIDS... Its BS to pick at these guys over the LBJ thing. Seriously , I follow the NBA Closely and this was a HARD PILL to swallow for Cavs fans. They KNOW LBJ is Elite ... they speak from anger and Hurt. And really its all understandable

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A couple of points on your points: the organization wasn't in "turmoil". It simply made changes. Perhaps changes for the better in fact. Chris Grant may have been an improvement over Danny Ferry (that remains to be seen, but its by all means possible). Byron Scott is pretty univerally held in respect as a coach...moreso than Mike Brown was. And the only "turmoil" about the team had to do with the actions of LeBron. Everything was done by the team to placate him and try to satisfy HIM, so yea, there is some resentment about his "Betrayal".

As for Gilbert: he is now a folk hero amongst nearly all fans everywhere...and amongst many or most major league sports franchise owners.

As for the home town aspect.....we take pride in our home town, we have enthusiasm for our home town, we defend out home town just like we do our country. Maybe that is why you have so much trouble understanding us. Maybe you come from a place where they have no pride, enthusiasm or support for your areas. You can take a job, or you can shove a job. You can take a business, or you can shut it down. That doesn't change our loyalties

Couldn't have said this better myself Gipper! For better or worse, Cleveland, and NE Ohio is our home, and I'm sick of the constant bashing!

dont really want your squad to suck ...just vs. The Steelers...lol. HOWEVER... a couple yrs of Success and Ya ... I will want your guys to suck. Because you all will be Unbearable. hmmmm.... perhaps that is how you feel about us.

Boy ain't that the truth! :lol::lol::lol: Not all of you. We also hope that this rivalry will rev up again! It's good for our division, and it's good for the NFL!

1. We don't know what the contracts were shaped like despite the what the Cleveland media says

2. LeBron will make up any difference via sponsorships,deals, and commercials.

1. He made up a BIG part of the difference in salaries when the sign and trade deal was worked out. That alone put about 30 more mil in his pocket. I guess he will need it because:

2. By all accounts he is likely to be a far less "marketable" "brand" than he was before. Now, all his marketing will have to be as one of the member of the Troika of Fools down in Miami. On his own his image is tarnished and diminished. Fewer sponsors will want him, or to pay him as much as he could have gotten on his own as the Big Man in Town.

They pay The Lone Ranger a hell of a lot more than they pay Tonto. They pay Batman a hell of a lot more than they pay Robin. LBJ has become Tonto or Robin.

I mean, he ain't Elvis anymore, he is just one of the Kingston Trio.

He ain't Gladys Knight, he's just one of The Pips.

He is now just one of The Triumvirate with Crassus and Pompey. He is no longer The Emperor Julius Caesar.

He is no longer Augustus Caesar, he is mere Octavian trying to rule alongside Lepidus and Mark Antony.

His status as The King is gone. He is now just one of the Three....Stooges? Blind Mice? Amigos? Musketeers (not as noble)

Maybe you hit on something Gip! You see Steeler fans are as proud and loyal as any fan in the world, the difference is we realize there is a universe of difference between pride in a country/nation and pride in a game conducted by a morally bankrupt organization. This is why the people of Pittsburgh are down right embarrassed by the buffoon sitting in the white house right now!

Actually, I don't think you guys have much in he way of pride AT ALL.

You just admitted you had no pride in your nation.

You apparently have no pride in your city.

If any of such characterics exist, it is only fair weathered pride. You basically just admitted that you cut and run when times get tough...be that with your sports team or your nation.

So, now we know what you are all about.

Nothing more need be said.

It didn't happen here because he just simply wasn't quite good enough apparently. They were certainly good enough in the regular season given they had the best record the last two seasons, and home court advantage throughout. The problem was he just didn't step up enough to take control and win and bring a title here....despite having the tools around him to do so Yep, that's right. He had plenty of the tools necessary to win a title. He just didn't bring it home, because, in reality, he really didn't like to being the leader on his team. He wasn't comfortable with the yoke around his neck, and he will actually be quite happy to defer to Duane Wade as the Alpha Dog on that team.

great post, gipper. i can't remember if it was michael reghi, kenny roda or andre knott that said mo williams was heard in a timeout ripping lebron telling him to step the f*ck up and be a damn leader. this happened in the last game vs the celtics in the 2010 playoffs.

Really?

You mean if like the Taliban offered you more money than whatever you make here you'd take it? :ph34r:

Anyway he was a scumbag by all accounts around here in the Akron area and sure he has the right to do what's best for himself.

He was a asshole about ti and deserves whatever ill treatment he gets.

Why should the fans owe the arrogant prick respect?

WSS

seven years in the making and you got your come uptance...............nice........sometimes the blind see when darken awakens

Good reply and I agree with a lot of it.

A couple points.....history is what says he couldn't win it all in Cleveland, that and an organization in turmoil after last season.

There's no question LeBron is a major a$$hat.............so why all the tears over his departure?

There's also no question that Gilbert is as dumb as dirt.......no matter if 100% of every word he said is true he is flat out stupid for saying it and even stupider for the way he said it. What big name player will want to play under Gilbert after that? Gilbert sounds like a jilted teenager.......he bends over backwards to keep LeBron, makes a huge issue out of how hard they tried to keep him, and then when they lose him he comes out and tells the world what an a$$hat LeBron is. It's like the cute high school girl who dumps the guy......he begs and stalks her, makes an a$$ of himself and when she finally tells him to hit the road he tells everybody how big of a beeyocth she was.

As far as the home town aspect...........it's non-existant.....this is a job.....it's a business.

Gilbert possibly was over the top that may hurt the Cavs down the road- but if it's just a business- then a player should have no problem playing for Gengis Kahn, assuming he's paying him more money.

Speaking of the business aspect- how many people would leave a job for another city that paid them less money, and there was a 10 story high poster outside his current office that said, "We love you, keep doing a great job here"? It's not about "business" anymore Stone- it's purely about EGO, and the events of the last few weeks prove beyond a doubt LeBron's is out of control. He's badly mistaken if he thinks the measure of the GREATEST EVER is measured by the number of Championship rings he has. In fact by his defection, he's likely blown the notion of ever getting serious consideration in that respect. The only way he does is if he wins- say- 10 championships (BTW, he still wouldn't pass Bill Russell, who has 11), and passes Kareem in the scoring department. When the going gets tough- LeBron bolts. Jordan didn't- Bird didn't. And LeBron's hurt his "brand". Nike's POed at him, and go read the papers from NYC to LA- they have universally blasted his lack of class in the way he handled his exit. The NYC fans booed him the second he stepped out of his limo when he showed up Saturday in the Big Apple for Carmello Anthony's wedding- and he ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until he shows back up at the Q- they won't be able to sell beer in the lower arena.

I find it comical that people really think an elite player leaving their town is a traitor but yet an elite player coming to their town is just fine (keep in mind that player left his previous town to come to your town).

The bottom line is that no matter where LeBron plays/lives his life will be the same/similar. He will make tens of millions, he will have a $20M home, he will have all his ho's and entourage, and he will own the town from an NBA perspective..........so whats the motivation to leave Cleveland?..................He wants to win it all and that won't happen in Cleveland.

Exaclty. If the Cavs brought in Bosh and Wade no one here would be saying LeBron's accomplishments mean less becuase he is playing with good players for the first time in 7 years. Why his LeBron being criticized (more accurately crucified) becuase he is following his childhood dream of an NBA title. If he was in it for money, for what other people wanted and a place where his ego would likely never be overshadowed by team success then he would have stayed in cleveland. He has been in the league 7 years and it was up to him to win the Cavs a championship. Basketball is a team sport and LeBron understands that.

It's not about leaving the Cavs with me...he was free agent and he had earned that right to go where ever he chose. In my opinion, there was no need to #1, stick up the ass of Cleveland on national TV with that assinine show and announcement and #2 trying to sell people on the fact that he made that decision that morning. This was coming since the 2008 Olympics and they all had been planning it since then and we should've seen it.

Exaclty. If the Cavs brought in Bosh and Wade no one here would be saying LeBron's accomplishments mean less becuase he is playing with good players for the first time in 7 years. Why his LeBron being criticized (more accurately crucified) because he is following his childhood dream of an NBA title. If he was in it for money, for what other people wanted and a place where his ego would likely never be overshadowed by team success then he would have stayed in cleveland. He has been in the league 7 years and it was up to him to win the Cavs a championship. Basketball is a team sport and LeBron understands that.

Team sport OK- Shaq- first ballot HOF. Jamison- Allstar. Mo Williams- Allstar. Andy Varajao- in running for 6th man award. Z former Allstar. JJ Hixon up and coming power forward. I'm tired of this s**t that LeBron didn't have enough talent to win- they had the best regular season record in the NBA two years running, they beat the crap out of the '10 Champion Lakers twice, don't give me this BS the Cavs didn't give LeBron enough talent- unless the guy is so insecure he can't win unless he's surrounded by not one but two potential HOFers.

Tell ya what- if Wade had been playing for the Bulls (hometown: Chicago) and Bosh for the Mavericks (hometown: Dallas) both lesser talents than LeBron BTW there would have been an equal stink in those respective cities if either had bolted to win a championship elsewhere. IMHO, Wade would have gotten serious flack in South Beach if he had decided to return home to Chicago. How'd you Steelerites like it if Big Ben said at the end of his contract, "hey, I'm from Ohio, and I think I have a better chance to win another Super Bowl with the Browns?

Bosh is just a paid mercenary now, as is LeQuit- he's no longer the hometown hero. "The Savior" the "Chosen One", has made his choice and I chose to call him a traitor to his hometown.

Exaclty. If the Cavs brought in Bosh and Wade no one here would be saying LeBron's accomplishments mean less becuase he is playing with good players for the first time in 7 years. Why his LeBron being criticized (more accurately crucified) becuase he is following his childhood dream of an NBA title. If he was in it for money, for what other people wanted and a place where his ego would likely never be overshadowed by team success then he would have stayed in cleveland. He has been in the league 7 years and it was up to him to win the Cavs a championship. Basketball is a team sport and LeBron understands that.

What people don't understand about LeBron is that he really is an insecure individual. Yes, LBJ does want to win a title and yes he is a "team" player....to the point that he really is significantly uncomfortable with being the team leader. As I said before I have a smidgen of insight into this because my nephew went to school with him from 7th grade on. Alone, he is in fact a shy, deferential person. But he has a "herd" mentality. His inner needs if you will are satisfied through supplication to his "posse" or "gang". He feeds off that and draws from it, but if you are not a part of that "posse" you are not important to his world. In HS it was Drew Joyce and Willie McGee and Romeo Travis on his team plus a few other close friends like Maverick Carter that he clung to. LBJ was by no means the leader of that group. On court it was Joyce, off court it was Carter. He just wants to be a part of "the gang", not the leader of the pack. He is now trying to replicate that here with his association with Bosh and Wade. Wade is the leader of that pack. To LeBron, yes, the common goal of the pack certainly is winning titles. But more important to his ego is now his ability to sublimate himself to the leadership of someone else in pursuit of that goal.

This irrelevant as none of us have a job that compares, nobody pays ridiculous money to watch us work.

Speak for yourself. On occasion I get ridiculous money to have people watch me work.

The money thing is also irrelevant, the net difference in what he will make here versus there is negligible and quite possibly favors Miami.

Yes he handled it poorly, never a need to shove it up someones nose! However, we don't know the real story, the inside story. Who is the bigger a$$hat, him or Gilbert? You Cleveland sports fans tend to extract little pieces of fact which tell the story you want to hear and discard the rest. None of us is likely to ever know the truth. Is his ego out of control?....sure, it always has been, but it was never a problem for you guys until he leaves. If he had stayed nobody would care about his ego, his walking out on $2000 tabs, his weak playoff play............he would be "the King"

As someone who rolled in some of the same places, I can tell you that the walking out on $2000.00 tabs was a serious bone of contention around here long before it was ever thought that he may be leaving here. At first it was just a case of where he and a couple of people would come in and he would pay his bill, but not leave a tip. I mean, apparently he thought he was Mr. Pink. (bonus point for identifying this reference). But then he began bringing in his whole gang and not paying the bill and not tipping. Here again, as often as not it was not LeBron that was the ringleader. (If he went into a place with just he and his girlfriend and kids, he would pay and tip). It was more often his posse, his hangers on, that insisted on blowing out without paying or tipping...and LBJ went along with the herd.

This irrelevant as none of us have a job that compares, nobody pays ridiculous money to watch us work. The money thing is also irrelevant, the net difference in what he will make here versus there is negligible and quite possibly favors Miami.

Yes he handled it poorly, never a need to shove it up someones nose! However, we don't know the real story, the inside story. Who is the bigger a$$hat, him or Gilbert? You Cleveland sports fans tend to extract little pieces of fact which tell the story you want to hear and discard the rest. None of us is likely to ever know the truth. Is his ego out of control?....sure, it always has been, but it was never a problem for you guys until he leaves. If he had stayed nobody would care about his ego, his walking out on $2000 tabs, his weak playoff play............he would be "the King"

I've never said LeBron didn't have the right to leave- he certainly did. Did Cleveland cover for James' indiscretions? We surely did. LeBron's mom had a "get out of jail free" card- I'll post her rap sheet for you if you like- it's floating over somewhere on Cleveland.com. OTOH, Art Modell and Ray Lewis are heroes over in Baltimore- plenty of guys in the 'Burg still love Ben, do they not? Depends on your point of view, doesn't it?

If we want to believe Gilbert's side of the story, and you want to pick LeBron's that's OK- it sure won't change our minds. I've noticed by his recent comments, LeBron's got the feeling he's above criticism. Like after the Boston series that the fans were "spoiled". "And I know I made the right decision" after Gilbert blasted him- hey LeBron any truth you didn't return Gilbert's calls for six weeks? I'll be very slow to pull out the "LIAR" card on LeBron, but it sure is looking more and more like this defection had been long planned. Bosh's Freudian slip about "weeks" is mighty telling in my book.

Some people want to be King and others prefer to be the power behind the throne. It sounds as though LeBron wants the title without the responsibility.

Some people want to be King and others prefer to be the power behind the throne. It sounds as though LeBron wants the title without the responsibility.

good thing he's not using the #23 any more. he definitely aint jordan!

What people don't understand about LeBron is that he really is an insecure individual. Yes, LBJ does want to win a title and yes he is a "team" player....to the point that he really is significantly uncomfortable with being the team leader. As I said before I have a smidgen of insight into this because my nephew went to school with him from 7th grade on. Alone, he is in fact a shy, deferential person. But he has a "herd" mentality. His inner needs if you will are satisfied through supplication to his "posse" or "gang". He feeds off that and draws from it, but if you are not a part of that "posse" you are not important to his world. In HS it was Drew Joyce and Willie McGee and Romeo Travis on his team plus a few other close friends like Maverick Carter that he clung to. LBJ was by no means the leader of that group. On court it was Joyce, off court it was Carter. He just wants to be a part of "the gang", not the leader of the pack. He is now trying to replicate that here with his association with Bosh and Wade. Wade is the leader of that pack. To LeBron, yes, the common goal of the pack certainly is winning titles. But more important to his ego is now his ability to sublimate himself to the leadership of someone else in pursuit of that goal.

Thanks for the inside dope Gips- and courtesy of a link on cleveland.com, here's a tremendous (and unbiased) account of what James has unleashed.

Shore 'enuf, LeQuit is officially LePippin to Wade's Jordan- and maybe he's happy about it. Hard to believe LeBron's world doesn't extend beyond his Posse- but can the guy be so isolated from reality that he had no clue he was going to get the full Modell treatment when he left? "He has no idea how much backlash he is about to get." Per the article. Yeah I hoped not- but you may as well sell the manse LeBron, before some crazy tries to torch it.

He should consider himself lucky if his only damage is getting a beer or two tossed in his direction when he revisits the Q in the fall. Gilbert- put a "Quitness" t-shirt on every seat before that game.

SI Article

Thanks for the inside dope Gips- and courtesy of a link on cleveland.com, here's a tremendous (and unbiased) account of what James has unleashed.

Shore 'enuf, LeQuit is officially LePippin to Wade's Jordan- and maybe he's happy about it. Hard to believe LeBron's world doesn't extend beyond his Posse- but can the guy be so isolated from reality that he had no clue he was going to get the full Modell treatment when he left? "He has no idea how much backlash he is about to get." Per the article. Yeah I hoped not- but you may as well sell the manse LeBron, before some crazy tries to torch it.

He should consider himself lucky if his only damage is getting a beer or two tossed in his direction when he revisits the Q in the fall. Gilbert- put a "Quitness" t-shirt on every seat before that game.

SI Article

The SI survey on the debacle asks:

The Heat need a game-winning shot in a big playoff game. Who gets the ball?

Dwyane Wade

LeBron James

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/bask...l#ixzz0teYXpklf

Maybe they'll be so busy passing off the ball to avoid the "pressure" that nobody will take the shot.

The Bulls showed LeBron James a pair of Air Jordans and asked him if he could fill those shoes. His answer was a loud, and embarrassing, "no."

The most stunning remark by James was his statement that he and Dwayne Wade would no longer have the pressure of having to score 30 points a night. That's the voice of a talented basketball player but not of a champion. Not even if he wins his title(s).

The SI survey on the debacle asks:

The Heat need a game-winning shot in a big playoff game. Who gets the ball?

Dwyane Wade

LeBron James

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/bask...l#ixzz0teYXpklf

Maybe they'll be so busy passing off the ball to avoid the "pressure" that nobody will take the shot.

The Bulls showed LeBron James a pair of Air Jordans and asked him if he could fill those shoes. His answer was a loud, and embarrassing, "no."

The most stunning remark by James was his statement that he and Dwayne Wade would no longer have the pressure of having to score 30 points a night. That's the voice of a talented basketball player but not of a champion. Not even if he wins his title(s).

wow! good stuff from si. the results of that survey say alot. lebron doesn't realize what he's done yet, but he will real soon. he's made himself a hated man (especially) in cleveland/ne ohio, but also in chicago, nj, ny, la (clipper fans) and nba fans (in other cities) who were turned off by what he did.

wow! good stuff from si. the results of that survey say alot. lebron doesn't realize what he's done yet, but he will real soon. he's made himself a hated man (especially) in cleveland/ne ohio, but also in chicago, nj, ny, la (clipper fans) and nba fans (in other cities) who were turned off by what he did.

I've been a little surprised by the general reaction of fans not even associated with any of the cities in the running for LeBron James.

I've been a little surprised by the general reaction of fans not even associated with any of the cities in the running for LeBron James.

i think other people were just as disgusted as cavs fans were by lebrons selfishness and his egotistical display on espn that he made those who once loved and respected him, hate him with a passion.

Actually, I don't think you guys have much in he way of pride AT ALL.

You just admitted you had no pride in your nation.

You apparently have no pride in your city.

If any of such characterics exist, it is only fair weathered pride. You basically just admitted that you cut and run when times get tough...be that with your sports team or your nation.

So, now we know what you are all about.

Nothing more need be said.

blaa blaa..Gipp , just throw us ALL Under the same Bus. Let the Bitterness show through.

blaa blaa..Gipp , just throw us ALL Under the same Bus. Let the Bitterness show through.

The bitterness is being exhibited all on your part.

You are here spewing hate and venom toward the Browns, the city, their fans.

And you are then surprised when we respond to defend the Browns, the city, the fans?

More fool you. You reap what you sow.

The bitterness is being exhibited all on your part.

You are here spewing hate and venom toward the Browns, the city, their fans.

And you are then surprised when we respond to defend the Browns, the city, the fans?

More fool you. You reap what you sow.

LOL Hilarious... Bitter ? About what ? You`re totally delusional , I am pretty sure I defended you guys from stupid comments by some of My Steeler Brethren all through this thread. Then when I call you out for being Petty and bitter You spin some ridiculous BS about Me being bitter to Cleveland fans ?? Come on ... I will take the high road and not bother to point out the obvious reasons why thats laughable. :lol:

LOL Hilarious... Bitter ? About what ? You`re totally delusional , I am pretty sure I defended you guys from stupid comments by some of My Steeler Brethren all through this thread. Then when I call you out for being Petty and bitter You spin some ridiculous BS about Me being bitter to Cleveland fans ?? Come on ... I will take the high road and not bother to point out the obvious reasons why thats laughable. :lol:

my nutz are sweaty

Archived