THE BROWNS BOARD

Felons voting illegally may have put Franken over the top

calfoxwc

You actually think felons trend Democratic because they're self-interested felons, their biggest issue of concern is their own crime, and the Democrats are "pro-criminal."

Yes, you need to be smarter than that, but aren't.

You should be smart enough to know that your subject change is a weak ruse.

But......

Make all the excuses you like but it doesn't change the fact.

There are probably a lot of reasons that felons prefer Democrats.

I have no doubt self interest is one.

I'm sure you think someone else is to blame.

Probably me.

WSS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to egg and TP people's houses in junior high school, now I vote Democrat. Correlation = Causation. Gaem. Set. Match. Checkmate, heck, checkmate.

VT, we've already agreed convicts trend Dem.

Do you think that's true or not?

Rationalize if you need to but at least admit the simple fact.

Actually you can tell me why you think that might be if you care to.

WSS

And yes, summer is hot as balls here too. It was actually the hottest Jan-Jun period in New England's history. And globally, also the hottest Jan-Jun in recorded history. I'm sure it's nothing. After all, it did snow in DC this winter.

Actually, this is the only part of your post that makes sense, Heck.

How can you poo -poo the snow in DC and embrace the hottest summer of the decade rant. Even if it is the hottest summer in history, it is a single data point among many data points.

I know a little bit about stats, trends, and other quantitative and predictive measures.

You should be smart enough to know that your subject change is a weak ruse.

But......

Make all the excuses you like but it doesn't change the fact.

There are probably a lot of reasons that felons prefer Democrats.

I have no doubt self interest is one.

I'm sure you think someone else is to blame.

Probably me.

WSS

And I don't have any doubt that you have no doubt that self-interest is one. That's why I'm laughing at you.

Actually, this is the only part of your post that makes sense, Heck.

How can you poo -poo the snow in DC and embrace the hottest summer of the decade rant. Even if it is the hottest summer in history, it is a single data point among many data points.

I know a little bit about stats, trends, and other quantitative and predictive measures.

Apparently not.

One snowstorm in one area of the country is what you call a single data point. Four consecutive months of global temperatures beating their all-time records is not a single data point, is it? It's thousands of them averaged together, and found to be historically anomalous, and keeping with the predicted warming trends.

If you know as much as you say you do, one point is essentially irrelevant to the discussion, and the other is not.

If you know as much as you say you do, one point is essentially irrelevant to the discussion, and the other is not.

I didn't know you were a statistician too, Heck. There is no limit to you talents.

Just to give you an insight you missed during High School, the data point is a year and a forecast and predictions are based on history across many of them.

Stick to what you know best - playing matador.

And I don't have any doubt that you have no doubt that self-interest is one. That's why I'm laughing at you.

Heck, if you're actually laughing at the notion that people vote in relation to their self interest then you're beyond the star struck acolyte I took you for.

That laughter would indicate serious dementia.

WSS

Steve, are you functioning at all mentally? Do you know the difference between a blanket statement like "people vote their interests" and what we're actually discussing?

Criminal behavior isn't a meaningful "interest" in voting behavior. You're actually sitting there imagining that there's a meaningful swatch of current and ex-felons whose "interest" is more crime and how to get away with it. Yes, you think that some people have a mix of economic concerns, defense issues, social issues, the usual. And then there are these people who go into the booth thinking, "Who is going to make it easier for me to rape and get away with it?" "Who is going to make it easier for me to continue my job of car-jacking tourists?" And not only that, you imagine that Democrats are easy on this kind of thing. And you imagine that these voters plot out these voting decisions all the way to who is likely to appoint the most liberal Supreme Court Justices, and so they vote for Democrats.

Like an exit pollster would ask them, "What were your top three issues you voted on today?"

And the guy would say, "Crime, number one."

"So the crime problem."

"Yeah, we don't have enough of it. I keep getting caught. I want to vote for someone who will keep my crime spree going."

This is one of the dumber things you've imagined in your history of imagining dumb things.

John, are you honestly going to sit there and say that a single snowstorm is the same as four months of record-breaking global temperature readings, taken from all over the globe?

Really? One is not more important than the other statistically?

Of course not, Heck.

For me, at least, the snowstorm was just something to have some fun with. Kind of a silly way to talk about global warming.

I'm sure it snowed in DC a number of times before this year.

You, on the other hand, seemed to equate the two.

No, I wasn't equating the two at all. How can you possibly read what I wrote and think I was equating the two? I was doing exactly the opposite.

Copy and paste:

".......And yes, summer is hot as balls here too. It was actually the hottest Jan-Jun period in New England's history. And globally, also the hottest Jan-Jun in recorded history.

I'm sure it's nothing. After all, it did snow in DC this winter."

Steve, are you functioning at all mentally? Do you know the difference between a blanket statement like "people vote their interests" and what we're actually discussing?

Please don't waste out time playing the idiot card.

If you or your friends or family are often on the wrong side of the law it's natural to side with the politician who makes it easier to blame "the man" for your woes.

You'll vote for the guy who champions smaller sentences and stricter evidentiary rules.

Out of work?

Vote for the guy who proposes another year of UI benefits.

Friend or family illegally in the US?

The guy with the amnesty plan.

Hate work altogether?

The guy who promises a hike in welfare.

You gedt paid for getting criminals out through legal loopholes?

Guess who....

I'm sure you can list examples on the other side.

Or just blab about how smart you are.

"Who is going to make it easier for me to rape and get away with it?"

Liberal judges in, say, Vermont?

Why not tell me why YOU think cons vote Dem?

WSS

I already did. Jesus Christ.

No Heck.

Despite your faux exasperastion you did not.

After you quit denying the simple truth you started moaning that

"other factors" might cause cons to vote Democrat.

You suggested that just the color of a mans skin or ethnicicity are the reasons for the jailtime and voting pattern.

You mentioned religion too.

If you think those three factors cause criminal acts and liberal politics feel free to elaborate.

Had I or anyone else said that you'd be having a fit.

WSS

Steve, you don't even seem to understand the basic distinction we're talking about - that you can group people in meaningful categories of voters, or that you can group them in categories that don't properly explain their votes. I gave you a bunch of examples of meaningless voters categories, like Browns fans trending Republican. Like meth users trending Republican. Like felons trending Democratic. If you want to play that game, go ahead. I don't give a shit. I'm just reminding you that you don't sound all that smart when you do it. You just sound like an angry Republican who thinks Democrats are all illiterate criminals on welfare. Imagine that.

See, we could do this in reverse. I could say meth users trend Republican. And you could say, "They don't trend Republican because they're meth users." And I could say, "See? You can't deny the simple truth that meth users trend Republican." Except in this case I'd be the ignorant asshole wasting everyone's time.

See, we could do this in reverse. I could say meth users trend Republican. And you could say, "They don't trend Republican because they're meth users." And I could say, "See? You can't deny the simple truth that meth users trend Republican." Except in this case I'd be the ignorant asshole wasting everyone's time.

You're the guy who says skin color determines political party allegiance.

At least criminals choose their lifestyles.

Much like ignorant assholes.

WSS

Huh?

No, I haven't said that. I would never say that. You're just dishonest and you don't seem to know what words mean.

Sorry Heck.

We do understand what words mean.

That's why your cheap little bickering tricks don't awe anyone.

If you were as smart as you claim to be (ad infinitum) you'd pick your words with less anger.

C'mon. You have to be able to make a point without blah blah I'm so smart blah blah no I didn't blah.....

You ain't that deep.

;)

WSS

>> Why don't you show me where I said "skin color determines political party allegiance"? <<

"But there's really nothing about being convicted of a felony that makes you vote a certain way. There's no pro-larceny party, or pro-domestic violence party. There's no Felon PAC, advocating for the issues of convicted felons. Felons don't have issues particular to felons. So it's just nonsense to frame voting behavior that way. Those votes are obviously determined by other factors, like the ones listed above. "

But there are of course pro criminal "rights" groups.

As well as "law and order" candidates.

'"In this case, yes, religion affects how people vote, and it's perfectly appropriate to say that Mormons trend strongly Republican. Race affects how people vote, and obviously blacks and hispanics trend Democratic. Income levels. Region. Urban vs. rural. Education levels. There are lots of things that determine how people vote."

So though a criminal would never see "harsher V more lenient penalties" etc as reasons to vote, you say the color of his skin is a perfectly reasonable indicator. Thanks Mr Duke.

I'm sure we could find that meth users trend Republican. Why? Because meth is a mostly rural drug, and rural areas trend Republican for a number of reasons. It's not the meth that makes them want to vote for Sarah Palin.

If you had any study whatsoever that this was true what point would I have to deny it?

I'd guess meth addicts might like drug penalties to be eased and I'd not be surprised if many were on some kind of Govt assistance.

Kinda blows your theory....

Actually you'd better stayed with those who bomb abortion clinics.

I'd believe that those 5 or 6 people would vote against the party of abortion on demand.

WSS

"

>>No, I wasn't equating the two at all. How can you possibly read what I wrote and think I was equating the two? I was doing exactly the opposite.>>

Copy and paste:

>>".......And yes, summer is hot as balls here too. It was actually the hottest Jan-Jun period in New England's history. And globally, also the hottest Jan-Jun in recorded history.

I'm sure it's nothing. After all, it did snow in DC this winter.">>

Remember the old song made popular by The Tremelos, "Silence is Golden"?

Nothing but dead air.................................

Heck has now been double-NAILED.

ROF,LMAO !!!

(hey, no typo in this post. I'm getting better at hunting and pecking. It still farging takes forever.)

>>No, I wasn't equating the two at all. How can you possibly read what I wrote and think I was equating the two? I was doing exactly the opposite.>>

Copy and paste:

>>".......And yes, summer is hot as balls here too. It was actually the hottest Jan-Jun period in New England's history. And globally, also the hottest Jan-Jun in recorded history.

I'm sure it's nothing. After all, it did snow in DC this winter.">>

Remember the old song made popular by The Tremelos, "Silence is Golden"?

Nothing but dead air.................................

John, that would be a joke. You're mistaking it for me equating two unlike things. I'm doing precisely the opposite, just as I said.

I'm saying one side has things like thousands of global temperature readings averaged together, and the other has snow in DC, which was trumpeted loudly by global warming deniers, including some in here. I'm saying one piece of evidence is better than the other. I'm saying one matters, and the other is anecdotal, and doesn't.

I'm saying "Here's the type of evidence that points to a warming planet. And here's what the other side was blabbing about this winter."

Make sense? Come on, it's not that hard.

Let's try this again, Steve:

Here's what I said: "Race affects how people vote, and obviously blacks and hispanics trend Democratic."

Here's what you said I said: "...skin color determines political party allegiance."

Like I said, you're either dishonest, or you don't know what words mean. Or, as we know, you have zero ability to make distinctions. Or all three.

In this case, you don't seem to know the difference between the word "affects" and "determines." because you don't know what words mean. But "determines" would makes me look bad, so you pretend it's the same as "affects." Because you're dishonest.

Archived