THE BROWNS BOARD

Top Five Bottom Five

The Gipper

Let's do a mini "power ranking survey". Who do you think will be the Top 5 power rated teams in the NFL and the Bottom 5 at this point? Here is my current list:

Top Five:

1. Vikings

2. Saints

3. Colts

4. Jets

5. Chargers

Bottom 5:

32. Rams

31. Bucs

30. Chiefs

29. Bills

28. Seahawks

On this subject Peter King of SI has these on top and bottom (for what its worth):

1. Packers

2. Chargers

3. Ravens

4. Colts

5. Saints

32. Rams

31. Bills

30. Bucs

29. Browns

28. Raiders

He has the othe AFC North teams here: Steelers 12, Bengals 23

Top 5:

1. Saints

2. Vikings

3. Colts

4. Cowboys

5. Chargers

Bottom 5:

32. Bills

31. Rams

30. Chiefs

29. Browns

28. Lions

Can't wait for all the season "power rankings" that have the browns #32 even if we start 6-0.

1. Packers: The other "complete" team going into the playoffs aside from the Vikings, they drafted for OL, their weak spot. Why did their defense implode in the playoffs? Hell, who knows. But they have the best quarterback in the NFL next year.

2. Saints: They pass, they run, their defense is improving... should be a blast to watch again.

3. Colts: Peyton Manning. 'Nuff said. They won't rank lower than this until his arm falls off.

4. Vikings: Assuming health by Favre. Probably should have been in the Super Bowl against the Colts.

5 (TIE): Ravens and Chargers: I hate it, but I think Flacco is about to join the Top 10 QBs in the league and everything else is scary. Ryan Matthews was a flat-out steal for the Chargers.

TEAMS NEXT: Jets, who could seriously contend... and the Niners, who could win 10 games.

I would love to hear exactly how you envision the Browns shocking the world? Do you mean by winning 6-7 games?.....or by making it through a season without mega-embarrassment?......Or are you thinking Super Bowl?

Hold on......gotta get some pop-corn ;)

Well, analyze your question and some possible answers: If the Browns made the playofs would you be shocked? If they went to the Super Bowl would you be shocked?

Clearly those are the ways that one can envision "shocking the world. Ergo, you have your answer.

I am not saying those things will happen, but if they did, you, indeed, would be shocked. Fair to say?

By the way, I am shocked, Shocked! to learn that there is gambling going on over NFL games!

Let's do a mini "power ranking survey". Who do you think will be the Top 5 power rated teams in the NFL and the Bottom 5 at this point? Here is my current list:

Top Five:

1. Vikings

2. Saints

3. Colts

4. Jets

5. Chargers

Bottom 5:

32. Rams

31. Bucs

30. Chiefs

29. Bills

28. Seahawks

well tbere goes your credibility the Browns surely rank bottom five...........albeit...........they will do much better but rankings are rankings and please submit the reality

I would go with something along the lines of:

Top Five:

1. Saints

2. Colts

3. Chargers

4. Vikings

5. Packers

Bottom Five:

28. Browns

29. Seahawks

30. Lions

31. Rams

32. Raiders

The Browns will get out of the bottom five when they prove they deserve it. Let's review the trend over the past, say, eleven years:

Step 1: Some writer ranks the Browns lower than #15 in the league in his initial rankings

Step 2: The board erupts with cries of how the media has it in for the Browns because (select one or more): The Rooneys own the media/The media has it in for the city of Cleveland/Eric Mangini turned down an interview request once/International Zionism

Step 3: The Browns beat the Lions 17-14 in a preseason game

Step 4: The board erupts in triumph, as the Rooney/New York/Zionist-controlled media has been proven wrong yet again

Step 5a: The Browns win four games that count

Step 5b: In years with a transit of Venus, the Browns win nine games, at which point the board erupts with posts about how the media just can't keep them down

Step 6: In most years, the new season begins with a) a shiny new lottery pick and b ) a new coach who will correct the previous coach's (select one) lazy, anything goes attitude/hard-nosed attitude that wore players out before the preseason was even over

Step 7: Some writer ranks the Browns lower than #15 in his initial rankings

(repeat as necessary, which our cruel God has apparently decided means forever)

Dennis

[Edit]: Oddly enough, I think I posted this last year...of course, the team did a bang-up job of showing why the doubters were wrong, so that just shows what I know.

well tbere goes your credibility the Browns surely rank bottom five...........albeit...........they will do much better but rankings are rankings and please submit the reality

I researched a number of websites about their power rankings. Very few had the Browns in the bottom 5. They certainly weren't ranked highly, but they weren't ranked bottom five. If my credibility goes, then apparently so does that of these other so called experts.

See, with your statement, it is now your credibility that goes out the window.

The Chargers are NOT top 5. The Ravens and the Jets were better then San Diego last year. Both teams had better off season then San Diego as well. The only reason they make the playoffs every year is because they are in the West and Denver finds a way to blow it. I also recall us giving them a run for their money and the even the lowly Raiders beating them. I would still say they are top 10 but NOT top 5.

top 5:

1. Vikings

2. Ravens

3. Jets

4. Packers

5. Saints

Bottom 5:

32. St. Louis

31. Buffalo

30. Seattle

29. Oakland

28. Carolina

Afc North: Ravens-2nd Cinncy-14th Cleveland-24th Pittsburg-25th

I agree with your top 3, although the order may vary. Those three teams, imho, have the ability to do a lot of damage.

Mike

Top Five

Browns

Browns

Browns

Browns

Browns

Bottom Five

Steelers

Steelers

Steelers

Steelers