THE BROWNS BOARD

When you Lose, you WIN

hoorta

I have to wonder if the NBA isn't degenerating down to the WWF level. The LeBron to Miami thing is just the start, if Chris Paul's comments at Mello's wedding were accurate. So next year we have CP3, Mello, and Stoudamire with the Knicks.

The NBA put a stop to lousy teams tanking at the end of the season to get the #1 pick by instituting the lottery. So now there's another way to get there. Just dump all your decent players with fat contracts so you can go after three max contracts. Teams that are actually trying to win (like the Cavs) are penalized for making a sincere effort.

Yeah, there's a soft cap in the NBA, anyone out there know if there's a floor, like there is in the NFL?

I have to wonder if the NBA isn't degenerating down to the WWF level. The LeBron to Miami thing is just the start, if Chris Paul's comments at Mello's wedding were accurate. So next year we have CP3, Mello, and Stoudamire with the Knicks.

The NBA put a stop to lousy teams tanking at the end of the season to get the #1 pick by instituting the lottery. So now there's another way to get there. Just dump all your decent players with fat contracts so you can go after three max contracts. Teams that are actually trying to win (like the Cavs) are penalized for making a sincere effort.

Yeah, there's a soft cap in the NBA, anyone out there know if there's a floor, like there is in the NFL?

Hey, from your keyboard to the NBA Gods ears..on that CP3, MELO, STAT to the Knicks.....personally, I think CP3 or Parker will be a Knick before the trade deadline, (MARK THAT DOWN!) The gauntlet has been thrown down by MIAMI and yes I agree you will see players aligning themselves to make a run at that team..Knowing damn well right, it'll take 3 All Star type guys to win the title. Am I for it...??...NO, unless my Knicks get those guys...fair huh!

As an NBA fan I would like to see star power in many different cities and give every team a chance for competetiveness, it makes for some fun games during the week, but if the stars just go to the big market teams...and MIAMI is NOT!! just have great chicks... The NBA is gonna suffer as a whole.....I want to see the stars battle against each other...not join forces together and destroy the Memphis's and Golden States and NJ's of the world....there's some ratings for ya huh...Does David Stern really think this is gonna fly with the network ratings....?? well maybe come playoff time but during the year...forget it...

I for one would never imagine Jordan teaming up with Ewing, or Reggie Miller, or Barkley to win a title together...those guys wanted to beat each other to reign as champs...I'm down wit dat!! and it made for great regular season games...

The new Lebron way...just join the enemy and win together is soo friggin weak...and I think they will all find out. especiall Lebron what a hollow acomplishment it will be if he ever does get one...in MIAMI..

A floor wouldn't be effective because franchises can always give a bad player a one-year $7 million contract if they are under the floor.

Cleveland is in that painful "middle of the pack" right now. They can spend to stay a 45-win team and lose in the first two rounds every year, or they can try the LeBron strategy all over again.

We'll know they've chosen the latter if we sign Smush Parker and Milt Palacio to run our backcourt like the good old days.

Archived