THE BROWNS BOARD

Rogers Update

Two things

1 Driving is a privilige...Second Amendment is a right

2 If in fact you think both are alike then why not allow ccl holders to carry in liquor establishments?

The Second Amendment is an Amendment. It delineates certain rights.

And your second point shows precisely that all rights and privileges have limitations on when and where and how they may be exercised. The "right" to bear arms may be restricted under the Constitution. (as may all other rights). It is permissable to prohibit carrying a gun into a bar. A private business can prohibit a weapon from being brought on their property. A state may require a permit for a conceal carry. A felon may be prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm.

Gun Ownership by Convicted Felons

Exceptions to the Federal Prohibitions

Hand Gun - Svend Damsgaard Federal law provides significant penalties for felons in possession of weapons, unless the felon has his rights restored by the convicting state.

Anyone who has been convicted of a felony is banned by federal law from ever possessing “any firearm or ammunition." Specifically a person "convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year" cannot possess any firearm in any location. 18 U.S.C. 922(g) is the federal law that prohibits anyone ever convicted of any felony to ever possess any firearm either inside or outside of his home. The federal punishment for felon gun possession is up to 10 years in prison.

There are many other federal gun ownership restrictions. For example, a conviction for a misdemeanor domestic battery results in a loss of gun rights. A person who is the subject of an order of protection may not possess a weapon. In light of the 2008 case of District of Colombia v. Heller, such restrictions may now have Second Amendment implications. A good summary is available from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The Statutory Exception

The rule prohibiting felon gun ownership has some exceptions. There is specific statutory language providing that the federal criminal firearms possession does not apply to individuals who have had their civil rights restored by the state in which they where convicted of the felony.

Read more at Suite101: Gun Ownership by Convicted Felons: Exceptions to the Federal Prohibitions http://peacesecurity.suite101.com/article....s#ixzz0tlNTZKce

YOU are a complete and utter fool if you don't think a condition about owning and possessing a gun will not apply to someone in the situation that Rogers is in who has proven that he is irresponsible with his weapon.

s

I agree in some accounts but do to the punishment he received I dont think it would be for an extended period of time. Since there making him take a safety course I dont think there going to strip his rights to be a gun owner away, nor should they. More than likely after completion of the course he'll be able to pack heat again.

I ain't gotta admit jack, doofus.....how much money you make in a year? These guys make that in a play or 2. Not only that, their contracts are public knowledge. You think its about bling.....you're Retarded. Don't you have some moderating to do turncoat?

Hey it's Ms. Chokesondix getting all toughie and stuff. I'll bet you could flat out whoop my ass. Matter of fact, I bet you are one bad motherfugger LMAO.

Someone get the stick outta this tool's ass.

If they want my gun they can try to pry .

Two things: Don't try to bring it through airport security and don't become a felon. That may not be the comprehensive list of "Don'ts", but at least you now know to avoid those two things. If you don't avoid those two anyway, they will "pry".

I agree in some accounts but do to the punishment he received I dont think it would be for an extended period of time. Since there making him take a safety course I dont think there going to strip his rights to be a gun owner away, nor should they. More than likely after completion of the course he'll be able to pack heat again.

IF he does not come out of this with a felony, and IF he completes his required conditions....which may include a certain period of years in which he cannot own or possess, then yes, he may get the ability again some time to either own/possess/carry.

I think we need to wait and see what conditions are put on him pursuant to his sentencing.

is it even federal? he didn't leave the state with it, so that's a bonus. i'm not aware of what the statute reads regarding a firearm in carry-on luggage in OH. seems this thread has everything else but that. does it even matter where it occurs (what state etc) or does that automatically make it a federal matter, just by attempting to board with it? seems it would.

it also seems obvious that it wouldn't be a misdemeaner, but like i said i just don't know.

if it was in his checked luggage, on most airlines it wouldn't even be an issue right now. maybe he thought it was packed in his checked luggage and then tried to play it off. it's possible?

at any rate, if it's not a felony or if he successfully completes his "stuff" he definitely won't lose it moving forward, not even temporarily.

although, if it is a felony (which it probably is) it was most likely effective immediately, so he may not have the right as i type this. then again, there is the whole "innocent until proven guilty" aspect so why would he have to surrender others he owns?

notwithstanding hidden conditions (which i don't believe there are any) if he completes everything all will be restored and as before with no further suspension or restrictions. it's pretty black and white regarding that.

is it even federal? he didn't leave the state with it, so that's a bonus. i'm not aware of what the statute reads regarding a firearm in carry-on luggage in OH. seems this thread has everything else but that. does it even matter where it occurs (what state etc) or does that automatically make it a federal matter, just by attempting to board with it? seems it would.

it also seems obvious that it wouldn't be a misdemeaner, but like i said i just don't know.

if it was in his checked luggage, on most airlines it wouldn't even be an issue right now. maybe he thought it was packed in his checked luggage and then tried to play it off. it's possible?

at any rate, if it's not a felony or if he successfully completes his "stuff" he definitely won't lose it moving forward, not even temporarily.

although, if it is a felony (which it probably is) it was most likely effective immediately, so he may not have the right as i type this. then again, there is the whole "innocent until proven guilty" aspect so why would he have to surrender others he owns?

notwithstanding hidden conditions (which i don't believe there are any) if he completes everything all will be restored and as before with no further suspension or restrictions. it's pretty black and white regarding that.

A. Air traffic control and security is definitely federal. It is all regulated by the FAA and the security is administered by the TSA, though, it is possible, within the discretion of the arresting authority to bring whatever charges may apply either under Federal or State laws...or even city ordinances.

B. Thus, it is entirely possible to be a misdemeanor. There are even Federal misdemeanors. A Misd. conviction may not necessarily cause him to become under disability, but he could still be under terms or probation or diversion that could prohibit him from owning or possessing firearms.

C. FYI, even if he were convicted of a felony, and completes his parole/probation whatever successfully, and if he is a first time criminal offender, and if he waits the requisite number of years he could apply for an expungement of his conviction which could in fact reactivate his right to own/possess. But, he sure as hell better not have any subsequent offenses.

My understandings is all charges will be dropped when he completes the community service and gun safety class. No felony, misdemeanor or anything on the record.

But, again, a condition of that remedy may be that he not own or possess a firearm for some period. That is purely within the discretion of the judicial officer to impose.

Perhaps we should take a poll: Does anyone really give a ratatouille if Roger's is henceforth allowed to carry a weapon?

But, again, a condition of that remedy may be that he not own or possess a firearm for some period. That is purely within the discretion of the judicial officer to impose.

Here's a question since your much smarter about the judicial system than I am. If the court sets milestones for you to accomplish in order for charges to be dropped and you complete them all. Your not charged with any crime, can they still enforce a suspension after charges have been dropped?

IF he does not come out of this with a felony, and IF he completes his required conditions....which may include a certain period of years in which he cannot own or possess, then yes, he may get the ability again some time to either own/possess/carry.

I think we need to wait and see what conditions are put on him pursuant to his sentencing.

I agree.

I do agree the idea of a gun safety class seems to indicate the plan isn't to slap him with a felony where owning a handgun is prohibited for the remainder of his life. Sounds like the deal is struck IMO, but as you said, no use speculating on what or what might not happen.

Right??

Here's a question since your much smarter about the judicial system than I am. If the court sets milestones for you to accomplish in order for charges to be dropped and you complete them all. Your not charged with any crime, can they still enforce a suspension after charges have been dropped?

Not to get technical here....but no in this case.

How could a person be required take a gun safety course and not be in possession of a firearm?? The law prohibiting isn't owning a firearm, it's possessing a firearm. One doesn't have to own to be in possession.

I have been through a few gun safety courses. First with my Grandfather, then Uncle Sam, them the state of Tennessee.

In every one of them a real gun is used. If not, it's like teaching a carpenter his trade without allowing him to handle a hammer or saw.

Kind of pointless to be honest.

Not to get technical here....but no in this case. I agree

How could a person be required take a gun safety course and not be in possession of a firearm?? The law prohibiting isn't owning a firearm, it's possessing a firearm. One doesn't have to own to be in possession. you dont have to own to be in possession but if you own arent you possessing?

I know my dad had a felony and when I bought my first gun I had to put it in my step mom's name because he was not allowed to own or possess

Our first spineless liberal response..................

that is funny LIBERAL response..................

too funny...............brilliant

Lets face it folks Rogers is a fat useless slob who cannot play three downs full throttle without being gassed.

He is useless crap and will be out of football before he can help us win anything

Right now the best thing we can do is trade him for a pick and hope.

because he will lead us nowhere in his time here

Thanks Sewage for that Swine

The right to think the world was flat is operational

The right to think the sun revolves around the earth is operational as well

Time to make the right to own hand guns..............less than operational

want to bear arms OWN a rifle or a Tank........

oops owning tanks are illegal

take it up with the supreme court

sumtimes stupid laws keep on the books because of stupid people.........hand guns have no place in civilization

guns are the reason you live in a free country, take them away and you will be a slave. then you will have to watch soccer instead of football.

one good thing is if he gets a 2 game suspension he will be fresh doown the stretch.

now that answer was just plain quizzical........guns are the reason this a free country...........BOOK it as the most interesting thing ever posted or written anywhere....

BTW, we are not free.......try buying a tank and bringing it home as your gun.............

I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

I think he wants to buy a tank?.......but wouldn't it be hard navigating the shitty hills of Pittsburgh in a tank?.....maybe he can run over sidney crosby and ben rothlisburger in his tank....that would be awesome...........

A suspension? Not sure what you mean by "suspension". The NFL absolutely can issue a suspension to a player even if charges are never brought, charged, whatever. Note the BR case. No charges were ever filed, yet the NFL suspended him.

If you are talking about another arena, as in "can a court suspend a persons right to carry a weapon even though that person has successfully completed the terms of his diversionary program and the charges against him dismissed" I believe the answer their lies completely within the discretion of the court. "Not owning or possessing a weapon for some period" may in fact be one of those "milestones" you refer to that he may have to accomplish.

It is difficult to say. You have to see what the complete terms of conditions of his diversionary program are.

But, yes, it is certainly possible that his "right to carry a weapon" could be reinstated after he has successfully completed a diversionary program. He would not fall under the "convicted felon" category that would cause him to be "under disability".

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 N/A CS COURT COST ASSESSED SHAUN C ROGERS BILL AMOUNT 308 PAID AMOUNT 0 AMOUNT DUE 308

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 D1 CS REPARATION FEE RC 2743.70 ; 2937.22 ; 2949.091

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 D1 DR COURT REPORTER FEE

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 P MO MOTION FILED FOR SUPPLEMENTAL DIVERSION AGREEMENT, FILED.

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 P MO MOTION FILED FOR FORFEITURE AGREEMENT, FILED.

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 P MO DIVERSION WAIVER FORM, FILED.

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 P MO DIVERSION AGREEMENT, FILED.

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 N/A BN $1,000.00 PERSONAL BOND POSTED ON 07/15/2010 BY DEFENDANT. BOND NO. 579114

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 N/A CS PRISONER IN COURT

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 N/A JE DEFENDANT PRESENT WITH COUNSEL. DEFENDANT RETAINED D'ANGELO, PATRICK A AS COUNSEL. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF R.C. 2935.36, THE PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE HAS FOUND THAT THE DEFENDANT HAS MET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE INTO THE CUYAHOGA COUNTY PRE-TRIAL DIVERSION PROGRAM. THE DEFENDANT, AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CUYAHOGA COUNTY PRE-TRIAL DIVERSION PROGRAM, HAS KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY, AND INTELLIGENTLY WAIVED HIS/HER CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO A SPEEDY TRIAL, FROM THE DATE OF HIS/HER REFERRAL TO THE PROGRAM, UNTIL THE DATE HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM TERMINATES. SPECIFICALLY, THE DEFENDANT HAS WAIVED HIS/HER RIGHT TO HAVE THE CASE BROUGHT TO TRIAL WITHIN 90 DAYS OF HIS/HER ARREST AND FORMAL CHARGE(S), IF HE/SHE IS INCARCERATED, OR 270 DAYS IF HIS/HER ARREST AND FORMAL CHARGE(S), IF HE/SHE IS NOT INCARCERATED. FURTHERMORE, IF THE DEFENDANT FAILS TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAM, HE/SHE HAS GIVEN UP THE RIGHT TO HAVE THE GRAND JURY TAKE FINAL ACTION ON THIS CASE AND AGREES TO BE CHARGED BY WAY OF INFORMATION. THE DEFENDANT HAS WAIVED ALL PERIODS OF LIMITATION ESTABLISHED BY STATUTE OR RULE(S) OF COURT, THAT ARE APPLICABLE TO THE OFFENSE(S) FOR WHICH HE/SHE MAY BE CHARGED. IN ALL CASES ADMITTED INTO THE DIVERSION PROGRAM, THE DEFENDANT SHALL BE GRANTED A $1000.00 PERSONAL BOND (CSR), AND SHALL BE PLACED UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE PROBATION DEPARTMENT'S COURT SUPERVISED RELEASE PROGRAM/DIVERSION UNIT. UPON CONSIDERATION, THE COURT HEREBY APPROVES THE DEFENDANT'S PARTICIPATION IN SAID PROGRAM, AND ORDERS THAT THIS CASE TO BE PLACED IN AN INACTIVE STATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WAIVED RIGHTS ORIG BOND CONT AT 1,000.00 DOLLARS. BOND TYPE: PERSONAL. . JUDGE PROGRAM, DIVERSION (296) ASSIGNED (MANUALLY).

07/15/2010 07/15/2010 N/A GP PERSONAL BOND SET , AMOUNT $1,000.00 / (CSR), AND SHALL BE PLACED UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE PROBATION DEPARTMENT'S COURT SUPERVISED RELEASE PROGRAM/DIVERSION UNIT.

07/12/2010 07/12/2010 N/A SC ARRAIGNMENT SET FOR 07/15/2010 AT 08:30 AM

07/12/2010 07/12/2010 N/A SF LEGAL RESEARCH

07/12/2010 07/12/2010 N/A SF CRIME STOPPERS

07/12/2010 07/12/2010 N/A SF COMPUTER FEE

07/12/2010 07/12/2010 N/A SF CLERK FEE

04/03/2010 04/03/2010 N/A CS CLEVELAND MUNI COURT COST, CASE 10CRA009897

04/03/2010 04/03/2010 N/A GP 10% CASH BOND SET AND POSTED, AMOUNT $1,000.00

04/03/2010 04/03/2010 N/A CR TRANSCRIPT FILED

04/03/2010 04/03/2010 N/A CR BINDOVER CIF#CI102055AF

04/03/2010 04/03/2010 N/A CR CIF ENTERED

04/01/2010 04/03/2010 N/A CR DATE OF OFFENSE 04/01/2010

04/01/2010 04/03/2010 N/A CR ARRESTED 04/01/2010

What you don't see here are the terms and conditions of his "supervision" while in the diversionary program.

I think he wants to buy a tank?.......but wouldn't it be hard navigating the shitty hills of Pittsburgh in a tank?.....maybe he can run over sidney crosby and ben rothlisburger in his tank....that would be awesome...........

that was cool. I want my right to bear arms. I want to buy a tank! Ballpeen, if tanks are illegal at one end of the spectrum then hand guns can be too and the other end of the spectrum. They serve no purpose but to shoot people, often a friend or relative or in a hate crime. Want defense get a rifle or a tank. That's my view and I am sticking with it. Anyone, know where I get a good used Abrams A1

Now I do understand that exception would have be made for those who need handguns for certain activities or situations.

that was cool. I want my right to bear arms. I want to buy a tank! Ballpeen, if tanks are illegal at one end of the spectrum then hand guns can be too and the other end of the spectrum. They serve no purpose but to shoot people, often a friend or relative or in a hate crime. Want defense get a rifle or a tank. That's my view and I am sticking with it. Anyone, know where I get a good used Abrams A1

They gotta few tanks 5 minutes from my house at the Ravenna arsenal...good luck gettin one

on some plays when he plays about 1 of four.............the rest of time he is resting or on the sidelines .......he is a useless piece of shit..............that sums up this experiment

you nailed it......this slug is nothin but a wasted roster position.......how can he be anything but a demotivating factor to his teamates who get the team concept and how it is their responsibility to play balls to the

wall each and every time they are on the field...he is a liability that will never help the Browns win ball games......here's hoping his continued nonhackin' "career" with the Browns is quickly spiraling to a finale

Archived