THE BROWNS BOARD

Z follows

why cant we win

Well, don't let facts get in the way of a good argument. Playoff seeding \ Championships looks like this data is only complete through 2004, but the #1 or #2 seed has won the championship 75% of the time. #4 or lower, forget it. Lowest ever to win? #6 (once)- and only two #4s or lower have even ever made the finals- last years Celts, and the #8 Knicks. So, if you're a #4 seed or lower, your odds of winning the title are about 2%. Sorry to inform you there sure is a real good correlation between regular season record and playoff success.

The Cavs misfortune this year was running into a team that happened to get red hot at the right time- just ask the Magic if you don't believe me. LeBron playing sub par for whatever reason in games 5 and 6, and Mike Brown being clueless in his matchups. Took him till game 6 to figure out Jamison couldn't guard Garnett, and Mo (Matador) Williams was helpless guarding Rondo.

LeQuit's blamed for leaving because he was the local hero. Promised to bring Cleveland a Championship, but when the going got tough- LeBron went. Bird was from Indiana, Jordan from North Carolina- follow? If LeBum had been from California, there wouldn't have been 1\2 the outrage. If you want to prove you're the best, beat the best, not cut and run to play with your pals.

So you are saying that the Cavs were unlucky to run into a buzzsaw that closed out the last half of the year playing .500 ball? Hmmm.

Look, I understand the outrage over James. The guy pretty much pulled the ultimate douchebag move. I just find it funny how people can't figure out why he would leave Cleveland with minimal support to play in Miami with a couple of AllStars that happen to be his friends as well. It is a no-brainer, really.

So you are saying that the Cavs were unlucky to run into a buzzsaw that closed out the last half of the year playing .500 ball? Hmmm.

Look, I understand the outrage over James. The guy pretty much pulled the ultimate douchebag move. I just find it funny how people can't figure out why he would leave Cleveland with minimal support to play in Miami with a couple of AllStars that happen to be his friends as well. It is a no-brainer, really.

Because if he was any kind of true competitor like Jordan, he would have figured out how to beat the best. He could have been the man in Cleveland, and chose to take the easy way out. And it's more on how he did it, as opposed to him leaving.

Because if he was any kind of true competitor like Jordan, he would have figured out how to beat the best. He could have been the man in Cleveland, and chose to take the easy way out. And it's more on how he did it, as opposed to him leaving.

I think moving to Miami is figuring out how to beat the best. People keep bringing up Jordan, do you realize while he went and played baseball that Pippen led the Bulls to the East Coast finals? What do you think Lebron's supporting cast would have done without him?

I actually agree on your last sentence but I'm guessing that with most Cav fans it really wouldn't have mattered how he left, they still would be claiming that the guy that they held in the highest praise for seven years all of a sudden is terrible and a choke artist now that he doesn't play for the team that they root for. It's quite comical.

I'm guessing he may have been singing a different tune if he hadn't been playing with an all-star team in Chicago.

All star team? My ass. Bill Cartwright, Steve Kerr- yep real all-stars. Horace Grant isn't any better than Hixon or Jamison IMHO.

Really, your smak's pretty weak, and you should stick to delivering pizzas. I prefer double cheese with double pepperoni.

First, let's clarify the "minimal support" issue. MeBron the assistant GM got EVERYTHING he asked for. No center to neutralize Howard? Enter Shaq. Check. Another guy who could play stretch 3 and create his own shot? Enter Jamison. Check. Let his posse ride on the team plane? Check. Get mom's DUIs thrown out of court? Check. Walk away from my bad decisions? Check.

Again, don't let FACTS get in the way. Since you seem to have a real short attention span, let me refresh your memory.

CELTICS 2010 PLAYOFFS

QUARTERFINALS - CELTICS 4, HEAT -1

SEMIFINALS- CELTICS 4, CAVALIERS 2

E. CONFERENCE FINALS- CELTICS 4, MAGIC 2

NBA FINALS- LAKERS 4, CELTICS 3

Yeah, the Boston sandbaggers- led by chief sandbagger Rasheed Wallace saved it up for the playoffs. They damn near won the whole thing- pretty much showed Wade sure as hell can't do it by himself- had to recruit some serious ammunition to get over the top.

BTW, you're bordering on trolldom, and I've got 1\2 a mind to lock this thread. Still don't get it, do you? LeQuit has ink that says LOYALTY & FAMILY loyal to himself and his posse maybe. He's now LeFraud. Turned his back on NE Ohio to play with his pals. He has that right. Conversely, NE Ohio has the right to brand him a traitor to his homeland, and call him a pussy for taking the easy way out to try and win a championship playing second fiddle to Wade in Miami.

Yup, LeFraud pissed his legacy away in one monumentally stupid move. Unless he can win more championships than Russell, and score more points than Kareem, he'll always be second fiddle to Jordan. Since he has no sense of loyalty, maybe he can dump his live in girlfriend, and take up with Lindsey Lohan- they both seem to have about an equal sense of reality. Please explain LeBron what exactly was "humbling" about the FA process, having billionaires truck into your office seeing who could stroke your out of control ego the best?

Again, don't let FACTS get in the way. Since you seem to have a real short attention span, let me refresh your memory.

CELTICS 2010 PLAYOFFS

QUARTERFINALS - CELTICS 4, HEAT -1

SEMIFINALS- CELTICS 4, CAVALIERS 2

E. CONFERENCE FINALS- CELTICS 4, MAGIC 2

NBA FINALS- LAKERS 4, CELTICS 3

Those facts are pretty much proving my point, thanks. Don't take the regular season too serious.

I also find it funny that as soon as one feels that they are losing an argument they resort to insults. I do appreciate that you at least bring up some good points but now you starting down the road of a few posters that have chimed in with a few grunts of wisdom.

Archived