THE BROWNS BOARD

Injured Hixon let go by Giants

Updated: July 15, 2010, 5:04 PM ET

By Ohm Youngmisuk

The New York Giants waived wide receiver Domenik Hixon, who recently underwent surgery on his torn anterior cruciate ligament, on Thursday afternoon.

The team then signed wide receiver Adam Jennings, a 2006 sixth-round pick of Atlanta.

Hixon underwent surgery 10 days ago after suffering a season-ending knee injury during the team's first practice on the new turf at the New Meadowlands Stadium last month.

If Hixon clears waivers, however, the Giants are expected to place the popular wide receiver on injured reserve.

The Giants have been searching for a returner to replace Hixon, who was the team's best punt and kickoff returner. Sinorice Moss, Mario Manningham and Aaron Ross are still candidates to become the team's punt returner.

I'd grab him and put him on the IR for next year

Updated: July 15, 2010, 5:04 PM ET

By Ohm Youngmisuk

I'd grab him and put him on the IR for next year

Hixon is a good return man, decent receiver, super bowl champion, and former Akron Zips star. Sign him, even if he has to sit out this year. He could be our #3 WR behind MoMass and Mitchell, so Cribbs doesn't need to.

It's considered a breach of protocol to claim a guy off of injury waivers, like the Jaguars did to us last year with Don Carey.

The Browns could claim him, but it'd eliminate any opportunity of doing business with the Giants ever again.

I like Hixon, but I don't think he's worth the blowback that claiming him would cause.

It's considered a breach of protocol to claim a guy off of injury waivers, like the Jaguars did to us last year with Don Carey.

The Browns could claim him, but it'd eliminate any opportunity of doing business with the Giants ever again.

I like Hixon, but I don't think he's worth the blowback that claiming him would cause.

I think this is a little different situation, Carey was a rookie late round draft pick, you wouldnt expect someone to claim him. Hixon could be a viable starter and I would expect the Giants released knowing there's a good chance he would be claimed.

Hixon is a good return man, decent receiver, super bowl champion, and former Akron Zips star. Sign him, even if he has to sit out this year. He could be our #3 WR behind MoMass and Mitchell, so Cribbs doesn't need to.

Um, what about Robiskie, he has been having a great offseason by all reports, and will be our No2 WR this year.

Anyways, I dont want him, we are young there right now sure, but I dont think that when he comes back to full health he will be any better than anything we got.

Archived