THE BROWNS BOARD

Diamond in Rough: Rookie Jon Haggerty Next Big Reciever?

brownschica

Jonathan Haggerty is blowin' up...and he wasn't even drafted! What makes this guy tick and why couldn't other NFL coaches see what the Browns saw? He seems to have a great work ethic--which will obviously be tested if he continues to find success...found this article on him talking about his faith in God and how it's made him a better player. Maybe he'll be able to be the few that doesn't slide off track when the big money comes around.

http://www.okblitz.com/Article.aspx?id=23549

post-2354-1279318576_thumb.jpg

Jonathan Haggerty is blowin' up...and he wasn't even drafted! What makes this guy tick and why couldn't other NFL coaches see what the Browns saw? He seems to have a great work ethic--which will obviously be tested if he continues to find success...found this article on him talking about his faith in God and how it's made him a better player. Maybe he'll be able to be the few that doesn't slide off track when the big money comes around.

http://www.okblitz.com/Article.aspx?id=23549

So you register and post the same message on multiple Browns boards? Nice try Stephany Speck.

i read some positive things about jon on cleveland.com a while back. sounds like the young man has some potential. we'll see if that potential can turn into something good for the browns.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...06/post_22.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Undrafted rookie receiver Johnathan Haggerty is catching Eric Mangini's eye along with almost every ball that comes his way.

Haggerty is this year's "it" undrafted rookie -- a relatively unknown player who manages to intrigue the coaching staff. Signed as a free agent out of Division II Southwestern Oklahoma State just after the draft, Haggerty has been impressive in minicamp and has a shot to stick around.

In Friday's morning session, he caught three touchdown passes in seven-on-seven red zone drills and snagged a few nice passes from Seneca Wallace in two-minute drills. Granted, the players are still in shorts and no pads, but Haggerty is certainly on Mangini's radar.

"He's another guy that has an outstanding work ethic, is bright, very bright and he gets it," said Mangini. "He gets what a great opportunity this is and every day he's going to come out and make a case for himself. There may be some days where he takes some steps back like the rest of the group, but we brought in a lot of rookies. We brought in a lot of guys. We have a lot of new people and you've got to pop off the screen. He popped and he popped and he popped and eventually you learn his name and you learn different things about him and watch him a little bit more closely."

Haggerty (6-1, 195) has been running with the second-team offense a lot, catching plenty of balls from Wallace and missing very few. At SW Oklahoma State, he caught 173 passes for 2,726 yards and 23 touchdowns. As a senior, he caught 54 for 748 yards and six TDs.

"He's gotten some more looks because of the good things that he's done and I'm excited about what he's done," said Mangini. "Now it's a function of what he can keep doing."

It was a nice video and article whats the problem

Some people don't like athletes who believe in God....Tim Tebow faces that every day.

I am rooting for the kid....

Some people don't like athletes who believe in God....Tim Tebow faces that every day.

I am rooting for the kid....

I suppose using God for insperation is just as good as Ray Lewis , or LT.

It is all in what gets your motor running .Just do it :unsure:

Sounds good to me. I think there could be an available roster spot, especially if we can get over the notion that Cribbs is a WR.

Robiskie

Massquoi

Stuckey

Mitchell

Haggerty

Freakishly young and inexperienced... but if it works, it's finding hidden treasure. Browns are due for that kind of good fortune.

Archived