THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers on a roll......

Your missing the point, the Browns franchise is more valuable in the worst stretch in there history than the Steelers are in there best, kudo's to the fans.

I agree Kudos to the Browns fans, you support your team even when they are awful. Although so do a bunch of cities. However when it all boils down the Browns still suck and we still have 6 shiny things. I'll take the 6 shiny things over the small difference in financial revenue. I think you can agree.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree Kudos to the Browns fans, you support your team even when they are awful. Although so do a bunch of cities. However when it all boils down the Browns still suck and we still have 6 shiny things. I'll take the 6 shiny things over the small difference in financial revenue. I think you can agree.

you're a devil aren't you? a flying monster like that of jeepers creepers.

I 100% agree but we dont field the team we just support it. If there was a Superbowl for fans we'd have our share, over and over

The character of the players on your team doesnt concern you? Or all the negative distraction's over the past month's?

This kind of payola stuff happens constantly. Cars, money, women....it is not like he ran over and killed someone with his car. What are they gonna do, put a suspension on his twin brother who is still in school? I'd have taken the money too, and I don't think I am a bad person.

Dennis Dixon's agent doesn't understand why Leftwich is first

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 23, 2010 10:33 AM ETThe agent for Dennis Dixon isn't a fan of how his client has been used this offseason.

Agent Jeff Sperbeck told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Dixon didn't practice enough with the first-team offense during OTA season and wonders why he's expected to start training camp behind Byron Leftwich on the depth chart.

"I don't understand why after Byron's been gone a year, they would bring him back and start him ahead of Dennis. To me, it should have been Dennis' job as the No. 1. He was No. 2 last year. Byron was not even in the picture," Sperbeck said.

We understand Sperbeck's opinion and loyalty, but there has to be a better way to go about this than publicly calling out Dixon's coaching staff. It's key to note Dixon says nothing wrong in the article, but his agent doesn't do him any favors.

"When you bestow the confidence in him that he is the guy, now the team knows that and they are prepared to follow him," Sperbeck said. "Without the team giving that to him, it's more difficult for any quarterback to lead when your own status is uncertain. You lead differently as a starter than you do as a backup."

Mike Tomlin has a difficult job in training camp to prepare Ben Roethlisberger, Leftwich, and possibly Dixon. There just aren't enough snaps to go around and the Steelers don't appear comfortable handing the offense over to Dixon just yet.

Sperbeck would be better served finding out why that is, and trying to help his client to improve.

Here is just more proof of a team in chaos . lol

Here's to confusion to the enemy

222.gif

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 23, 2010 10:33 AM ETThe agent for Dennis Dixon isn't a fan of how his client has been used this offseason.

Agent Jeff Sperbeck told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Dixon didn't practice enough with the first-team offense during OTA season and wonders why he's expected to start training camp behind Byron Leftwich on the depth chart.

"I don't understand why after Byron's been gone a year, they would bring him back and start him ahead of Dennis. To me, it should have been Dennis' job as the No. 1. He was No. 2 last year. Byron was not even in the picture," Sperbeck said.

We understand Sperbeck's opinion and loyalty, but there has to be a better way to go about this than publicly calling out Dixon's coaching staff. It's key to note Dixon says nothing wrong in the article, but his agent doesn't do him any favors.

"When you bestow the confidence in him that he is the guy, now the team knows that and they are prepared to follow him," Sperbeck said. "Without the team giving that to him, it's more difficult for any quarterback to lead when your own status is uncertain. You lead differently as a starter than you do as a backup."

Mike Tomlin has a difficult job in training camp to prepare Ben Roethlisberger, Leftwich, and possibly Dixon. There just aren't enough snaps to go around and the Steelers don't appear comfortable handing the offense over to Dixon just yet.

Sperbeck would be better served finding out why that is, and trying to help his client to improve.

222.gif

Blaa Blaa... We will see. Common sense says Lefty , Dixon all of ONE Start ?? I Like the Kid and understand his being upset but this is Pro Football . You Pray the Best available. Chaos is what Troy creates.... But you hope for the worst , its your best Hope. By the way :

www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...d_by_forme.html

Cleveland, Ohio -- Former Browns center LeCharles Bentley, whose playing career ended after complications from staph infection, is suing the Browns for fraud and negligent misreprentation.

Attorney Shannon Polk said today that Bentley has filed suit in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.

2 0 0Share Bentley is the second former Browns player to sue the team as a result of a staph infection. Receiver Joe Jurevicius reached an undisclosed settlement in his suit in June. Jurevicius also sued the Cleveland Clinic. Bentley's suit only involves the Browns and Cleveland Browns Holdings, LLC, Polk said.

Polk said, "The Browns convinced LeCharles to rehab at their facility. Nothing required him to do it. That wasn't part of his job. They told him their facility was the best and that they had successfully helped others. But they never told him about a host of unsanitary conditions there, and they never told him about the list of others who contracted staph before he chose to rehab there.

"Had the Browns disclosed that stuff to him, had they been straight with him, he would have never agreed to rehab at their training facility. The man nearly died from the staph infection he got there."

Bentley, a former standout at St. Ignatius High School and Ohio State, suffered a torn patella tendon in his left knee on the first team drill of the 2006 Browns training camp. He had multiple surgeries and never played again, although he returned to compete in the team's minicamp in 2008 before asking for his release.

Besides Bentley and Jurevicius, other Browns players who had bouts with staph infection include Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards, Brian Russell and Ben Taylor.

Bentley, who now co-hosts a talk show on WKNR-AM 850, will not comment on the suit, Polk said[

Evidence of a Team In Chaos LOL>

I believe there is legitimacy to the probe, but you are right. It doesn't effect the Steelers.

I guess the only question to be asked is: why couldn't the guy have waited the two weeks until after the Bowl game to take the cash? I suspect the agent wanted to lock him up.....hopefully this will cost him his future as an agent. But heck, if Pouncey had waited the two weeks, he may have gotten a lot more from someone else.

Its all about Greed...

Blaa Blaa... We will see. Common sense says Lefty , Dixon all of ONE Start ?? I Like the Kid and understand his being upset but this is Pro Football . You Pray the Best available. Chaos is what Troy creates.... But you hope for the worst , its your best Hope. By the way :

Cleveland, Ohio -- Former Browns center LeCharles Bentley, whose playing career ended after complications from staph infection, is suing the Browns for fraud and negligent misreprentation.

Attorney Shannon Polk said today that Bentley has filed suit in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.

2 0 0Share Bentley is the second former Browns player to sue the team as a result of a staph infection. Receiver Joe Jurevicius reached an undisclosed settlement in his suit in June. Jurevicius also sued the Cleveland Clinic. Bentley's suit only involves the Browns and Cleveland Browns Holdings, LLC, Polk said.

Polk said, "The Browns convinced LeCharles to rehab at their facility. Nothing required him to do it. That wasn't part of his job. They told him their facility was the best and that they had successfully helped others. But they never told him about a host of unsanitary conditions there, and they never told him about the list of others who contracted staph before he chose to rehab there.

"Had the Browns disclosed that stuff to him, had they been straight with him, he would have never agreed to rehab at their training facility. The man nearly died from the staph infection he got there."

Bentley, a former standout at St. Ignatius High School and Ohio State, suffered a torn patella tendon in his left knee on the first team drill of the 2006 Browns training camp. He had multiple surgeries and never played again, although he returned to compete in the team's minicamp in 2008 before asking for his release.

Besides Bentley and Jurevicius, other Browns players who had bouts with staph infection include Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards, Brian Russell and Ben Taylor.

Bentley, who now co-hosts a talk show on WKNR-AM 850, will not comment on the suit, Polk said[

i unblock you steeler trolls from time to time to get a good laugh. i thanked you on your post because every time you steeler trolls post on here, you prove my point about your ocd, childish emotional outbursts, over inflated sense of self worth, imaginary arrogance and sensitivity issues. thanks for playing and thanks for constantly posting on this board and proving my point. no need to even argue with you, you make it easy on a guy like me. we all know why you guys live on this board lol.

222.gif

Chaos? A healthy QB competition going in to training camp? and of course his agent is going to say that he wants Dennis taking more first team snaps. If you ask me Dixon deserves the opportunity to start. He's been there 3 years and Bryon left to play in tampa. I'm not saying I'm not confident in Leftwich but Dixon did a hell of a job despite the loss against the Rat Birds and only feel the way he did in the draft because of his injury. He's going to be a stud at some point in this league but it likely won't be with the Steelers considering the presence of Big Ben. Either way training camp will be fun. It's certainly not a Cleveland style controversy seeing as when Big Ben returns he's the guy no matter what.

i unblock you steeler trolls from time to time to get a good laugh. i thanked you on your post because every time you steeler trolls post on here, you prove my point about your ocd, childish emotional outbursts, over inflated sense of self worth, imaginary arrogance and sensitivity issues. thanks for playing and thanks for constantly posting on this board and proving my point. no need to even argue with you, you make it easy on a guy like me. we all know why you guys live on this board lol.

Ya and All of you guys

"Steelers Suck" Steelers are Criminals" Steelers Cheat " posts are Soooo .... Mature . Funny... Just block us again , and you Block us because You cant Handle the Truth...LOL. I laugh every time one of you guys roll out this High and Mighty "I am a better Person than You " Speeches. Its Hollow dude and we aint buying it , but thanks for the humor. BY THE Way my 3.3 posts a day dont indicate me "Living here" Its just a regular stop on the few days A week I have time to go online. Thanks for the Generalizations exaggerations and your propensity to over Analyze

Mr Grown up.

Just let me say ........we know all about QB uncertinty and it is anything but fun . But ofcoarse you will find out . You won't even be used to it like us .

Enjoy

Well at Worst we have an Off year ...making 2 in a row. We Know our Team will be Back sooner than later. Our squads track record allows us to not lose a grip. And who knows what the season will bring , its always fun.

Why did you post all these articles about the same exact thing? this would be like me going out and finding the 1000s of articles about Big Ben the rapist and posting them...

Why did you post all these articles about the same exact thing? this would be like me going out and finding the 1000s of articles about Big Ben the rapist and posting them...

Not real smart are you ? I was answering the gentleman who said Pittsburgh was a "Team in Chaos" . As If Cleveland doesn't have Chaos of its own. Good lord you`re on like a dozen Years of Chaos give or take (Depending on How you look at it). And i only look at the Current Browns 1999... because THIS Version of the Brown is a New Version. The Old Browns are in Baltimore. The History of the BROWNS goes back to 1999. Now Cleveland has a rich football History , but that Team is not linked to this team. Thats a Fairy tale... You have the Old Browns and the New Browns and each has its own History.

And Ben...is a Jackass Trailor Park trolling Playboy. Not a Rapist... Go ahead and Check the Charges filed . Ben will live right from this point on is my bet... win another Super bowl before he Retires , and be a better man when all is said and done. YOU will be a Bitter little Beeeeyotch , whining about Pittsburgh This and Pittsburgh that. We will get some laughs , and eventually fall to sleep from your Predictable mundane rhetoric.

No real smart are you ? I was answering the gentleman who said Pittsburgh was a "Team in Chaos" . As If Cleveland doesn't have Chaos of its own. Good lord you`re on like a dozen Years of Chaos give or take (Depending on How you look at it). And i only look at the Current Browns 1999... because THIS Version of the Brown is a New Version. The Old Browns are in Baltimore. The History of the BROWNS goes back to 1999. Now Cleveland has a rich football History , but that Team is not linked to this team. Thats a Fairy tale... You have the Old Browns and the New Browns and each has its own History.

Yes you posted all those articles to prove the Browns are a team in Chaos? They are all about Bentley, who hasn't been on the team in years. That's ONE guy. It would be like if Tommy Maddox sued the Steelers right now. irrelevant

Yes you posted all those articles to prove the Browns are a team in Chaos? They are all about Bentley, who hasn't been on the team in years. That's ONE guy. It would be like if Tommy Maddox sued the Steelers right now. irrelevant

I posted ONE Article. as an "Example" . Please they treat a Hometown Hero and all around Good guy like Bentley like S*** ? Nice... and Please Look at your teams HISTORY. Chaos is your middle name. LOL... Come on you`re not in denial that much, are you ?

Just let me say ........we know all about QB uncertinty and it is anything but fun . But ofcoarse you will find out . You won't even be used to it like us .

Enjoy

There is no QB uncertainty. Big Ben is out for 4 games and when he returns he starts. The end. It's also been said by the front office so if there is some sort of controversy it's only for the first 4 weeks. Usually a real controversy occurs when you're looking for a long term solution and really dwelling on the issue. Pittsburgh has nothing to dwell on because once again Ben returns after 4 games. Yes 4 games not 6 and SJ you're easily one of the most dense individuals on this message board. If you do in fact "block me" I thank you because then at least I don't have to read your mindless dribble when you attempt to respond to anything I post. I should probably take a page out of your own book and simply block you and the few other mouth breathers. It would be a much more pleasent experience.

You definitely don't want to be in my backyard there bud.

Your backyard? I went to college there and lived off campus beyond my days in college. (Clark Hall, McDowell Hall, Lincoln Wood, 511 east school) As far as I know it's also my backyard. I'll be in "your" backyard sometime next month. What exactly are you going to do about it? lol EDIT: Actually I'd wager I still have more friends in the area. Good friend of mine owns Pulp plus I have several friends still in the area. Once again what the hell are you going to do about it? I'll answer for you. Absolutely nothing. Go flex your E-muscles somewhere else.

And "feartheroo" I always get a laugh when I read, that who wants to be in Akron? One of the top 25 worst cities in the United States. Isn't your basketball team tired of being dominated? I'll pick you up some Parassons and piss on your lawn. Deal?

Your backyard? I went to college there and lived off campus beyond my days in college. (Clark Hall, McDowell Hall, Lincoln Wood, 511 east school) As far as I know it's also my backyard. I'll be in "your" backyard sometime next month. What exactly are you going to do about it? lol EDIT: Actually I'd wager I still have more friends in the area. Good friend of mine owns Pulp plus I have several friends still in the area. Once again what the hell are you going to do about it? I'll answer for you. Absolutely nothing. Go flex your E-muscles somewhere else.

And "feartheroo" I always get a laugh when I read, that who wants to be in Akron? One of the top 25 worst cities in the United States. Isn't your basketball team tired of being dominated? I'll pick you up some Parassons and piss on your lawn. Deal?

Trust me, I have alot more friends than you do in Kent. I don't care if you went there before hand. I'm not gonna fight with you. Fighting on the internet is just like the special olympics. Even if you win, your still xxxxing Retarded.

How do you call 4 MAC championship appearances in a row being dominated? Kent hasn't even made it out of the first round the past two years. How does it feel to be dominated in every other sport too? Akron's won 12 out of the last 15 matchups in football and a national runner up in soccer, finishing one of the greatest seasons in the history of college soccer. Other than Kent's 1 tourney run a decade or so ago and Ben Curtis, Kent gets dominated. With the building of Infocision Stadium, the new Lee jackson field for soccer, and a new arena soon, Akron is moving to the big time and leaving Kent in the dust. So I ask you how does it feel to be dominated?

Btw I'm all for rivalries but you need to lay off the personal treats, it's pretty immature. You do realize this is the internet and no one is going to go out of the way to fight you, we don't care like you do.

How do you call 4 MAC championship appearances in a row being dominated? Kent hasn't even made it out of the first round the past two years. How does it feel to be dominated in every other sport too? Akron's won 12 out of the last 15 matchups in football and a national runner up in soccer, finishing one of the greatest seasons in the history of college soccer. Other than Kent's 1 tourney run a decade or so ago and Ben Curtis, Kent gets dominated. With the building of Infocision Stadium, the new Lee jackson field for soccer, and a new arena soon, Akron is moving to the big time and leaving Kent in the dust. So I ask you how does it feel to be dominated? go get flushed

Oh really? Is this why Kent has received invites from bigger conferences such as the MVC and MACC? Akron...your staying put.

Josh Cribbs, Antonio Gates, James Harrison, Julian Edelman, Daniel Muir, Al Fisher, Ben Curtis, Usama Young...

The list goes on.

Akron has:

Domenic Hixon, Jason Taylor, Charlie Frye...oh...im done.

Oh really? Is this why Kent has received invites from bigger conferences such as the MVC and MACC? Akron...your staying put.

Josh Cribbs, Antonio Gates, James Harrison, Julian Edelman, Daniel Muir, Al Fisher, Ben Curtis, Usama Young...

The list goes on.

Akron has:

You do know that the MVC and MACC are below the MAC. They are both FCS conferences, why do you think they didn't move?

Reggie Corner, Chase Blackburn, Dwight Smith, plus over a dozen MLS players such as Steve Zakuani, Teal Bunbury, Blair Gavin, and Ben Zemanski

Trust me, I have alot more friends than you do in Kent. I don't care if you went there before hand. I'm not gonna fight with you. Fighting on the internet is just like the special olympics. Even if you win, your still xxxxing Retarded.

Weren't you the one getting e tough? I believe it was something like "you don't want to be in my backyard" wasn't it? What is that supposed to mean exactly? Also when I say friends I don't mean the kent state band or the kids that meet up at rosies to play magic the gathering. I was living off campus less than 3 years ago and have plenty of friends. Although mine aren't of the skinny underclassman variety with something to prove. Once again you were the one to get e tough hard ass. I'll be there next month. You'll probably find me at rays, professors, hell maybe the loft and then off to guys pizza. Just look for the good looking group. I'll blow you a kiss maybe grab your gf's ass. You'll thank me for doing it afterwards. Run along twinkle toes.

And roo I was just ruffling feather when I graduated the ksu athletic program was on its way down and going in t rebuild mode. The basketball team has underperformed for a while now. Akron the city still sucks horrible ass and you're still a whiny b.itch but I actually like akron u. I almost went to law school there, good school.

The list goes on.

Akron has:

Let's not forget Jack Lambert

I guess the billions who watched the world cup feel the same way

Dude college soccer and the world cup are completely different animals. My sister played soccer for clariion. No one went to the games for the women or the men. Soccer will eventually get its due but its not happening now.

Archived