THE BROWNS BOARD

McCoy Signed

As for which round a Quality QB can come from, here is a bit of current statistical information: The following list is of the Top 11 all time passers in NFL history by yards, and where they were drafted:

1. Favre 2d round

2. Marino late 1st round

3. Elway 1st round

4. P. Manning 1st round

5. Moon undrafted

6. Tarkenton 3rd round

7. Testaverde 1st round

8. Bledsoe 1st round

9. Fouts 3rd round

10. Montana 3rd round

11. Unitas 9th round.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just like people from Florida cheer for the gators, Texans cheer for UT, Alabama cheers for the Tide, and people who were born and raised in ohio cheer for the Buckeyes. They are the face of their state and they represent their home. You are just a hater. My dad cheered for the Buckeyes and raised me to do the same. There are people from outside of Cleveland that cheer for the Browns because back when the Browns were the greatest team on Earth their fathers cheered for them. When you are raised with something you become attached to it.

And as for the OSUcks comment...

since Jim Tressel became coach

2002 national champs with the first 14-0 season since 1897. No, not 1987...1897.

3 National Championship appearances

9 Bowl games

4 BCS bowl wins

So what if they lost 3 bowl games in a row? Not the end of the world. It is a winning program, period. HATE on HATER...(I would hate too if I went to Akron. I went to a few parties there and aside from them being total sausage fests 90% of the girls there I wouldn't have touched with a steel pole let alone my own pole.)

Unless you graduated from the school, I don't care. You have no room to talk any trash. You're just one of the thousands of people who go to their nearest walmart and buy a cheap knockoff red jersey and call themselves a diehard. I don't care if my school loses every game at least I am a part of it.

Unless you graduated from the school, I don't care. You have no room to talk any trash. You're just one of the thousands of people who go to their nearest walmart and buy a cheap knockoff red jersey and call themselves a diehard. I don't care if my school loses every game at least I am a part of it.

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So since I haven't went to college I should just ignore college football and not root for anybody? You root for the Browns, did you ever work or play for them? Why root for them if you have no ties to them?

Without hesitation, yes. I loved the Hardesty pick.

Who the hell is Haden.........OFFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.......keep repeating it

I don't care if we lose every game, I will never understand how people root for a school they have no connection to. I'd say 90% of OSUcks fans have never stepped foot inside a classroom there.

Now that is just goofy.

Lot's of people have never been in a college classroom.

You are saying they can't root for a college football team???

I grew up in Ohio and graduated from Florida with a advanced degree, but I root for other teams as well....I root for Nebraska, Iowa, Alabama, Texas A&M, Army and a few others as well as the before mentioned Florida and OSU.

Why?

I like the name Cornhusker

I Like Iowa's logo

My close family is mostly from Alabama and like the term "Roll Tide"

I like the Aggies because they know how to do a Bon Fire

I like Army because I was in the Army

Others.....Clemson, I don't know, I just like them

Toledo Rockets....I was born there

Chattanooga Mocs....I live here

You don't need a connection, or even a reason to root for somebody.

hate hate hate on hater. you are just being ridiculous now

you don't know me...so your presumptions over the internet don't mean shit to me. crackron can kiss my ass for all I care...shithole city, shithole school. embrace the failure (and this is me stating observations from my encounters with the city and the school, not some presumption about someone posting on an internet forum)

I also don't understand why people root for college teams when they have no real connection to the school. It doesn't make a lot of sense especially in Ohio since there are two pro teams to choose from.

I also don't understand why people root for college teams when they have no real connection to the school. It doesn't make a lot of sense especially in Ohio since there are two pro teams to choose from.

my buddy says it's because he doesn't like the nfl. i think that it has more to do with being able to cheer for a winning team.

Its pride, is not living in Ohio a connection? Ohio State, see the connection? They represent Ohio, I root for them to represent me well....whats wrong with that.

Its pride, is not living in Ohio a connection? Ohio State, see the connection? They represent Ohio, I root for them to represent me well....whats wrong with that.

I am from Ohio and went to Ohio U and you dont see me wearing white and green every day of my life. Columbus is like a different world with the Buckeye fanatics, 75% of which never took one class at OSU.

I am from Ohio and went to Ohio U and you dont see me wearing white and green every day of my life. Columbus is like a different world with the Buckeye fanatics, 75% of which never took one class at OSU.

You dont think its like that at any other major campus around the country? Who would of thought Buckeye fanatics in Columbus...wow surprise there. Who cares if you take a class, its football. Its were our top Ohio Highschool athletes go to play ball, they represent Ohio football....your argument makes no sense

College sports were popular before there were pro sports.

yes but that doesn't answer the question of why people who didn't attend the college are fans of the team. whatever.

yes but that doesn't answer the question of why people who didn't attend the college are fans of the team. whatever.

Many universities are funded by the states.. hence tax dollars.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama doesn't have a football team. Many people there are Saints fans, but the fact is that they regionally identify with the Crimson Tide.

Austin, Texas has over a million people in its metropolitan area and no professional football team. UT's football stadium can pack over a hundred thousand attendants.

I guess if anyone can root for OSU then why not OU? They have Ohio in the name? People from Ohio play for them? They are named after your state? why not trade in red jerseys for green?

OSU is the face of this state's college football programs, OU is not. If anything I don't like OU because I went to school at your rival MAC school, Kent State.

:lol: People root for Ohio State because they're the regional PRO college football team. Compared to the other Ohio colleges, they're the 600 pound gorilla of football competing on the highest level, you're never going to see a MAC school competing for the national championship. Ohio State on the college level (especially since Tressel took over) is what the Browns used to be on the pro level back in the 50s and 60s. Now you could consider people that live outside of Columbus and never went to the school frontrunners, and that's OK to each their own.

BTW, I don't root for OSU's Basketball with anywhere near the same intensity.

I guess if anyone can root for OSU then why not OU? They have Ohio in the name? People from Ohio play for them? They are named after your state? why not trade in red jerseys for green?

"Your state?" If you go to Akron, Ohio is your state too.

And, FYI, if and when Ohio U. is in some kind of a big game, I do root for them. I believe just earlier this year they made some noise in the NCAA tournament, didn't they. Beat Georgetown if I recall.

I may not "root" for them if they are playing a MAC game against Akron or KSU, but vs. an outside team, absolutely I am in their corner. And sure, it would be fine if Ohio U. got a little more run, but OSU just has a much higher profile.

Let's face it also. The Big Ten is a much higher profile conference than the MAC. The MAC does not get an automatic BCS berth, the Big Ten does. Plus, overall, the size of the schools in the Big Ten are generally bigger than the MAC (but not as much larger as I originally believed before I did the following research:

Big Ten Student populations:

Illinois: 31,000

Indiana: 31,000

Iowa: 21,000

Michigan: 26,000

Mich. St.: 36,000

Minnesota: 38,000

Northwestern: 8200

Ohio St.: 40,000

Penn St.: 38,000

Purdue: 31,000

Wisconsin: 29,000

Nebraska: 18,000

MAC Student populations:

Akron: 28,000

Bowling Green: 19,000

Buffalo: 28,000

Kent State: 25,500

Miami: 20,000 (though when my son applied there they said there were only 14K...so who knows about these numbers)

Ohio U: 20,500

Ball St: 20,000

Cent. Mich: 27,000

East. Mich: 23,000

West. Mich: 25,000

No. Ill. : 25,000

Toledo: 21,500

The oddity here is Northwestern. A smaller private school with a much higher academic profile in amongst the larger state schools. It seems to me that NW would be better off in a conference that would be made up of similar schools. Private with high academic profiles including the likes of Notre Dame, Duke, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Rice, Wake Forest, and maybe Georgetown and Stanford. Call it the "Big Brain" Conference.

:lol: People root for Ohio State because they're the regional PRO college football team. Compared to the other Ohio colleges, they're the 600 pound gorilla of football competing on the highest level, you're never going to see a MAC school competing for the national championship. Ohio State on the college level (especially since Tressel took over) is what the Browns used to be on the pro level back in the 50s and 60s. Now you could consider people that live outside of Columbus and never went to the school frontrunners, and that's OK to each their own.

BTW, I don't root for OSU's Basketball with anywhere near the same intensity.

Then why do people in Florida not all root for Florida? There are a lot of Flordia State and Miami fans out there.

"Your state?" If you go to Akron, Ohio is your state too.

And, FYI, if and when Ohio U. is in some kind of a big game, I do root for them. I believe just earlier this year they made some noise in the NCAA tournament, didn't they. Beat Georgetown if I recall.

I may not "root" for them if they are playing a MAC game against Akron or KSU, but vs. an outside team, absolutely I am in their corner. And sure, it would be fine if Ohio U. got a little more run, but OSU just has a much higher profile

No I'm from PA, so Ohio is not my state...

Then why do people in Florida not all root for Florida? There are a lot of Flordia State and Miami fans out there.

Florida State and Miami are elite football schools that play at a high level. Hows the following for Central Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International probably not very good. We have but one elite college football div.1 program in Ohio and thats why everyone follows the Buckeyes.

Florida State and Miami are elite football schools that play at a high level. Hows the following for Central Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International probably not very good. We have but one elite college football div.1 program in Ohio and thats why everyone follows the Buckeyes.

So you are admitting to being a bandwagonner? Cool.

So you are admitting to being a bandwagonner? Cool.

You are saying things like this just to be a dick aren't you?

If you’ve followed them your whole life, you are not a bandwaggoner.

The reason most Ohioans who follow college football, follow the Buckeyes for their life, is because the Buckeyes are the premier college program in Ohio. Its what is on TV every Saturday.

Archived