THE BROWNS BOARD

To everyone that cited the big snowstorm

VaporTrail

I say, ole boy, it proves that global cooling is -also- bogus.

climate fluctuates over the centeries, decades, eons, etc.

There is no man made global warming.

It was a political prod for votes since it was invented.

Peru Government Declares Cold Wave Emergency in 16 Regions

LIMA – The Peruvian government declared a state of emergency because of the cold wave gripping a number of districts in the nation’s 16 regions, according to an urgent decree published Saturday in the official gazette.

The decree covers all districts of the country more than 3,000 meters (9,800 feet) above sea level, as well as three regions in the Peruvian jungle that have registered strangely low temperatures in the last few weeks.

According to official figures, so far this year at least 409 people have died of pneumonia and ailments related to the cold weather, most of them younger than 5 years old (200 deaths) and over 60 years (158 deaths).

The emergency declaration, which has a duration of 60 days, covers districts in the regions of Ancash, Apurimac, Arequipa, Ayacucho, Cusco, Huancavelica, Huanuco, Junin, Lima, Moquegua, Pasco, Puno and Tacna, which in recent days reached a temperature of -24 C (-11 F).

A state of emergency was also declared in the jungle regions of Madre de Dios, Ucayali and Loreto.

The decree published Saturday also includes a series of measures that will allow regional and local governments to supply the affected populations with food and vaccines.

The armed forces were also called upon by Defense Minister Rafael Rey to carry out civic actions to help those populations most vulnerable to the cold.

I say, ole boy, it proves that global cooling is -also- bogus.

climate fluctuates over the centeries, decades, eons, etc.

There is no man made global warming.

It was a political prod for votes since it was invented.

I can't tell if you're joking. You must be joking.

Just curious, what does this heat wave mean?

It means nothing, Vape. Sometimes it gets hot in the summer.

You know a bit about statistics. This year is one data point among many across the decades and centuries.

Heck claims it helps support the notion of global warming but he is just showing his stubbornes (sp) and inability to claim - even - a mis type. Kind of like XX.

PS If you feel the opposite I will simply claim I said the exact opposite.

It means there is not enough recorded historical climate data to prove anything. What we have to go by is the known ice ages and warm periods that point to naturally occurring fluctuations in the earth's climate.

There's really not enough recorded data to claim that the average temp has never risen this fast before.

Trying to say that a rapid increase in carbon emissions directly correlates to a rise in temperature is like trying to say that vaccinations cause autism. Its just mere coincidence that the industrial revolution has occurred during a warming cycle, like it's a coincidence that the symptoms of autism begin to show up around the age children get vaccinations.

Archived