THE BROWNS BOARD

Eagles cut Hall

Riceloft

From PFT:

The Eagles cut linebacker Alex Hall on Wednesday morning, a surprising move this early in training camp considering he was part of the Sheldon Brown trade to Cleveland.

The Eagles gave up Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong for Hall plus picks in the fourth and fifth round. Hall got folks excited in Cleveland with his pass rushing ability as a rookie, but quickly fell out of favor with Eric Mangini.

It took even less time for the Eagles to decide they had no use for him.

From PFT:The Eagles cut linebacker Alex Hall on Wednesday morning, a surprising move this early in training camp considering he was part of the Sheldon Brown trade to Cleveland.

The Eagles gave up Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong for Hall plus picks in the fourth and fifth round.

ha! we finally fleeced somebody!

+1 Heckert

this game is the best reality show of all time.

Didn't the Eagles get Ernie Sims and wound up with Trevor Lindley with Alex Hall thrown in for free? I don't think it's the Eagles who got fleeced. They didn't get rid of Sheldon and Gocong for no reason.

Yea we gave a 4th rd. pick for one of the top corners in the league and a 5th rd. pick for a young talented linebacker that was playing out of position. We got fleeced, and your an idiot.

Don't for get that the Eagles swiped that awesome talent named Sean Jones from our clutches.

Hall and Sean Jones. LOL. Don't these guys watch game films?

I seem to recall Sean Jones being a pretty decent safety for us who left in Free Agency. I have no clue how he may have done with the Eagles.

Didn't the Eagles get Ernie Sims and wound up with Trevor Lindley with Alex Hall thrown in for free? I don't think it's the Eagles who got fleeced. They didn't get rid of Sheldon and Gocong for no reason.

and what did the Iggles give up to get Sims and Lindley? lol it doesn't really matter, as they were irrelevant to the CLE/PHI trade anyway. :)

but, we can revisit this "fleeced" discussion in January to see who be the victor. i humbly accept.

re: allowing Sheldon and Gocong to leave: now this is just an educated guess mind you, but...

Heckert seems to have a pretty solid rapport with these guys and no doubt explained the opportunity presented in CLE and what they are building there B) ...although, it could be as simple as CLE offered more $$, which CLE apparently feels Brown still deserves and which Gocong can maximize by showing versatility playing in the right scheme.

While i like these guys both gocong and brown are getting old and losing a step they may be subject to become injury riddled as well, winning teams almost always dump players when they begin their decline and losers like the browns pick them up hoping to squeeze a couple of years out of them but it seldom helps the team...in the browns case a cadaver from the local morgue would have been an upgrade to what we had so the 2 vets we got in trade for hall and some late round picks was a fair gamble..

I look for both brown and gocong to either become non factors due to early injuries or actually hurt the team due to lost steps but who knows..i do know we have a coach that is so talent blind as to keep the likes of poteat over several better player choices last year and then was dumb enough to keep him on the field game after game when he was single-handedly killing the team..so nothing will suprise me this year..im hoping for the best but prepared for the worst...

While i like these guys both gocong and brown are getting old and losing a step they may be subject to become injury riddled as well, winning teams almost always dump players when they begin their decline and losers like the browns pick them up hoping to squeeze a couple of years out of them but it seldom helps the team...in the browns case a cadaver from the local morgue would have been an upgrade to what we had so the 2 vets we got in trade for hall and some late round picks was a fair gamble..

I look for both brown and gocong to either become non factors due to early injuries or actually hurt the team due to lost steps but who knows..i do know we have a coach that is so talent blind as to keep the likes of poteat over several better player choices last year and then was dumb enough to keep him on the field game after game when he was single-handedly killing the team..so nothing will suprise me this year..im hoping for the best but prepared for the worst...

ok, i'll give you sheldon brown MAY (really doesn't) fit that description, but how can you say a 26 year old in his 5th season is old (gocong)? that's the prime of people's careers, not when they hit the decline.

Your one bitter man, Brown has NEVER missed a game due to injury and played at an all pro level last year. Guess what we gave up for that, a 4th round pick, sounds like a no brainer to me. Maybe you just have blinders on for your hatred of Mangini, I dont know. Based on what he's done in the past and what he's done to this team, I'd say he's a damn good teacher and evaluator of talent.

Well, what you can say is that they probably do nothing worse than give the Browns greater depth at positions they needed that depth....and that at least depthwise, the Browns have upgraded themselves at those slots.

Archived