THE BROWNS BOARD

Stoolers sign Flozell Adams

htownbrown

This is exactly what Stooler fans claim they never do.....pick up washed up garbage that other teams don't want. So much for that we only build through the draft thing. Congrats to the stoolers for picking up the most penalized guy at his position who is way past his prime......I bet your excited now.

Whoa....watch them spin this one into something that sounds good. They've neglected the O-line for a while and won the last Superbowl purely on Ben's theatrics and the D.....in spite of the O-line.

Well that was with Colon at LT who is 'supposedly' good.....which I don't agree.....but Adams is worse than Colon.

Btw I heard this on espn radio 97.5 down here in houston where they talk about the Cowboys past, present, and future evey 10 seconds. Otherwise I would've left a link.

Colon is a RT. I don't know anyone who honestly thinks he is any good.

Adams>Colon

Peter King thought he was one of the 100 best players in football. Probably because he's one of the guys who gives him inside dirt, so he wanted to kiss some ass.

Every year since Tomlin has taken over; the Steelers have gotten further and further away from their winning formula. As a Browns fan I say, keep signing players passed their primes Pittsburgh. Keep letting your best young talent run off to to NYC. Keep blowing draft picks. And keep trying to throw the ball down field in the AFC North.

Colon is a RT. I don't know anyone who honestly thinks he is any good.

Adams>Colon

I forget, is that the "greater than sign" or the "less than" sign. I could never keep those two straight.

I will only say this: Colon went down with a season ending injury so what were the Steelers to do? They could pick up an unproven street free agent, or they could pick up a potentialy washed up former All Pro. Neither step was a sure thing, but the safer move was probably to go with someone you knew had done it once and hope he can regain his form.

Really not much different than the Browns move in picking up Jake Delhomme.

This is exactly what Stooler fans claim they never do.....pick up washed up garbage that other teams don't want. So much for that we only build through the draft thing. Congrats to the stoolers for picking up the most penalized guy at his position who is way past his prime......I bet your excited now.

Are you Retarded? Seriously? The draft is over. We drafted a few offensive lineman. One of our rookies got hurt. Willie Colon then went down for the year. We have guys on the roster that could possibly step in but why not sign a guy you know can play RT and "patch" the offensive line until you can either further groom a replacement OR draft one. Go back through the history of the franchise and document just how few free agents the Steelers sign. It was a NECESSARY signing it was just a matter of who. He's also past his prime as a LT. He's very solid against the run but this is all stuff I said when the rumors first started flying a month ago. It's just training camp depth, his roster spot sure as hell isn't guaranteed.

Well that was with Colon at LT who is 'supposedly' good.....which I don't agree.....but Adams is worse than Colon.

Btw I heard this on espn radio 97.5 down here in houston where they talk about the Cowboys past, present, and future evey 10 seconds. Otherwise I would've left a link.

Max Starks is the LT, Colon is our RT.

He's very solid against the run but this is all stuff I said when the rumors first started flying a month ago. It's just training camp depth, his roster spot sure as hell isn't guaranteed.

Uh, he's not training camp depth ... that washed-up slow-footed penalty machine is your starter. And probably at LT, not RT.

Zombo

Uh, he's not training camp depth ... that washed-up slow-footed penalty machine is your starter. And probably at LT, not RT.

Zombo

Yea, if he ain't the starter, who is?

Be honest. I mean, Jake Delhomme ain't "depth". He is our starter. No denying that.

Yea, if he ain't the starter, who is?

Be honest. I mean, Jake Delhomme ain't "depth". He is our starter. No denying that.

A lot of classless sophomoric posts in the thread. The Steelers are a class organization the most successful NFL team since 1972. Signing Adams was probably a good move. If Browns management emulated Steeler management over the years we would NOT be a laugher team in the NFL.

That's right we are a laugher team for most of the last forty years and we have making fun of success. Go figure.

I hope we finally have competent management in place. I am sure those who blasted the Steelers in this thread were also big fans of Phil Sewage and Brady "gag" Quinn

Fans acting like we been in the end zone once is part of a good start at rebuilding the franchise.

Go McCoy................and please do dump Gasser Rodgers

Are you Retarded? Seriously? The draft is over. We drafted a few offensive lineman. One of our rookies got hurt. Willie Colon then went down for the year. We have guys on the roster that could possibly step in but why not sign a guy you know can play RT and "patch" the offensive line until you can either further groom a replacement OR draft one. Go back through the history of the franchise and document just how few free agents the Steelers sign. It was a NECESSARY signing it was just a matter of who. He's also past his prime as a LT. He's very solid against the run but this is all stuff I said when the rumors first started flying a month ago. It's just training camp depth, his roster spot sure as hell isn't guaranteed.

Hmmmmm......is it just me or have stooler fans been saying for years that the reason we suck is because we have no depth at certain positions and end up filling those spots with free agents. Of course you have. And now your building certain positions the way the expansion Browns have been known to do. Had your team addressed this problem before it came to this it wouldn't have been necessary to hire that waste of space. So you are the Retard if you don't realize that. And for what its worth cowboy fans are laughing even harder than we are right now because they have seen his potential or lack there of first hand. Believe me if you weren't a stooler fan you would laugh too.

Btw had a good rooney owner still been around they probably would have traded SH for a real tackle instead of a late round pick.

I forget, is that the "greater than sign" or the "less than" sign. I could never keep those two straight.

I will only say this: Colon went down with a season ending injury so what were the Steelers to do? They could pick up an unproven street free agent, or they could pick up a potentialy washed up former All Pro. Neither step was a sure thing, but the safer move was probably to go with someone you knew had done it once and hope he can regain his form.

I couldn't agree more. :ph34r: Adams wouldn't have been signed if Colon didn't go down for the season. Adams atleast has his past experience, Colon doesn't have anything. Plus with Adams moving to RT his deaf right ear won't cause is pre snap problems.

Colon had 8 penalties in 16 games last year. Adams had 9 in 18 games. Between actually being able to hear the snap and not facing the defenses best pass rusher he will cut down on the penalties.

Steelers signing Adams is just like the Browns getting Delhome and the Bungals getting TO. A 1-2 year experienced quick fix.

Zombo

I doubt he starts at RT considering Max Starks has been playing LT for a while now and doing pretty well. I also love the "Tomlin is taking the team further and further away from the winning formula by doing X". What exactly has he done to take the team away from winning football games? Bringing in veteran depth like ARE and Larry Foote? Trading for McFadden who is a perfect fit in our system. All are players that know the system. Flozell Adams is the only uncharacteristic Steeler signing and that was ONLY made because of Colon and his season ending injury. Adams will be our RT and Starks will be our left. Kemo at LG, Hartwig at Center and Pouncey at RG. The supposed demise of the Steelers is hilarious. We had a down year this past season and still finished 9-7. HILARIOUS.

Hmmmmm......is it just me or have stooler fans been saying for years that the reason we suck is because we have no depth at certain positions and end up filling those spots with free agents. Of course you have. And now your building certain positions the way the expansion Browns have been known to do. Had your team addressed this problem before it came to this it wouldn't have been necessary to hire that waste of space. So you are the Retard if you don't realize that. And for what its worth cowboy fans are laughing even harder than we are right now because they have seen his potential or lack there of first hand. Believe me if you weren't a stooler fan you would laugh too.

Btw had a good rooney owner still been around they probably would have traded SH for a real tackle instead of a late round pick.

The Steelers year after year draft well and ONLY plug holes in free agency with the bang for your back variety. They never go after the high profile free agents because they don't have too and they still aren't going after the high profile guys. The ONLY reason and I've said this 10 times now Adams was brought in was because of injury woes on the offensive line. As far as Santonio Holmes was concered he was involved in several off the field incidents and the Steelers wanted rid of him. Rumor has it they were prepared to flat out cut him and the Jets were one of the few offers on the table. Yet another blind assumptions by the Retarded Cleveland masses. What will the lot of Chicken Little's have to say when the Steelers finish the season 11-5, 12-4 or maybe as low as 10-6. You all realize the roster is talent laden? You also realize that there are maybe two or three players on the entire Cleveland roster that would start for the Steelers and at least two are on the offensive line.

Steelers = Talent Laden

Browns = Not so much.

Period. Chicken little does not reside in the Pittsburgh area.

Courtesy of the Post Gazette.

"Max Starks, though, dropped the first news on everyone when he said new line coach Sean Kugler wants him to stay at left tackle and that newly signed Flozell Adams will be put at right tackle. Starks proceeded to say several times that Adams could help the team “if he’s in shape,’’ which led some to believe that maybe he isn’t. And Trai Essex said they will keep him at right guard, so he will be Maurkice Pouncey's prime competition, unless center Justin Hartwig falters. You have to assume that Adams is the favorite to start at right tackle but I would not automatically pencil him there just yet.

A little later, the news came down that Pouncey came to a five-year contract agreement and was on his way to camp. That puts all hands on deck for the sixth straight training camp."

I couldn't agree more. :ph34r: Adams wouldn't have been signed if Colon didn't go down for the season. Adams atleast has his past experience, Colon doesn't have anything. Plus with Adams moving to RT his deaf right ear won't cause is pre snap problems.

Colon had 8 penalties in 16 games last year. Adams had 9 in 18 games. Between actually being able to hear the snap and not facing the defenses best pass rusher he will cut down on the penalties.

Steelers signing Adams is just like the Browns getting Delhome and the Bungals getting TO. A 1-2 year experienced quick fix.

Hate to say it but you are correct

Desperate Times... call for ? By the way , Doesnt mean it wont work ... Before ya get too Cocky !!

Nice analysis Gipper.

Im not to concerned about what scraps pitts-burg signs i am concerned about the old used up and below average nobody veterans mangini likes to see signed and fielded...the browns have to be the frankenstein monster of the nfl or at least the afcn when it comes to patched together old and worthless vets..we need to get younger not older..building off of FA is a recurring lesson never learned in brownstown and a proven failed experiment regime after regime in cleveland...

Most teams like to think of them as placeholders for learning rookies but in cleveland rookies rot on the bench for years while the old vets stink up the field with mediocre or below play...afterall we wouldnt want to bruise the frail ego of the emo generation by letting them learn to play on the job now would we..

Don't worry. Agreeing with me just means you are a reasonable person. B)

Nice to see the thread actually having some debate...........now when we the "Browns" get beyond words like "Stoolers" ............the rivalry will be recharged

Until then brownstown will get their ass kicked because of stupid fans being stupid...........

Like I said before signing Adams was prolly a good thing..........

Nice to see the thread actually having some debate...........now when we the "Browns" get beyond words like "Stoolers" ............the rivalry will be recharged

Until then brownstown will get their ass kicked because of stupid fans being stupid...........

Like I said before signing Adams was prolly a good thing..........

It will be he just needs to learn a new position. They have him playing RT and RT is where he'll stay. If you look over his stats he was tremendous against the run and that's the RT's focus most of the time. We have two enormous tackles now and some road graders in between. Rumor has it Pouncey really lite it up when he was on the field before tweaking his hamstring. He's yet to go against Casey Hampton but early reports are he has Dawson type feet and he's moving nose tackles up field. A few coaches have indicated they feel he's ready for the calls required by the center position and that he could very well start at center with a guy like Trai Essex at RG. Pittsburgh could have a really formidable offensive line this year and Flozell once he's used to the position will only help. Mendenhall is going to have field day, mark my words.

Rich, you continue to be a beacon of common sense in a dark kitchen full of cockroaches.

Meanwhile, squidheads like Zombo think they're Steeler position coaches -- Adams at left tackle? Bwahahaha! He was brought in for one reason: to keep Starks playing on the left side. Exactly the kind of "good move" described above and the reason the Steelers are the most successful franchise as stated.

And speaking of the Gagger, who was the FIRST to tell you Quinn would be a bust? Think back Brownie fans, you know it was none other than yours truly. Oh if I could only recapture the quotes telling me how insane I was. "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" I called him, and of course turned out to be right. Where is boy-crotch-grabby guy now?

Anyway guys, keep on living that "Steelers on the decline, Tomlin has them playing anti-Steeler football" fantasy trip. One day you'll realize the team never has two bad years in a row. But hey, just like Quinn, you'll have to discover THAT for yourself too.

P.S. Know what's even lamer than calling the #1 franchise in football "Stoolers"? Changing poster handles to cute variations like "Suxdick." Classy. Very classy.

If the shoe fits.

And what's this about #1 franchise?

Last I looked the New Orleans Saints were the defending champions.

Historically, the Packers have won the most titles.

Per Forbes magazine the valuation of each franchise is as follows:

Team Current Value ($mil) 1-Yr Value Change (%) Debt/Value (%) Revenue ($mil) Operating Income ($mil)

1 Dallas Cowboys 1,650 2 12 280 9.2

2 Washington Redskins 1,550 1 15 345 90.3

3 New England Patriots 1,361 3 21 302 70.9

4 New York Giants 1,183 0 55 230 26.1

5 New York Jets 1,170 0 64 227 24.3

6 Houston Texans 1,150 2 26 256 41.5

7 Philadelphia Eagles 1,123 1 16 250 48.8

8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1,085 3 13 241 68.9

9 Chicago Bears 1,082 2 9 241 41.6

10 Denver Broncos 1,081 2 14 240 39.9

11 Baltimore Ravens 1,079 2 25 240 44.3

12 Carolina Panthers 1,049 1 18 238 22.9

13 Cleveland Browns 1,032 0 15 235 20.2

14 Kansas City Chiefs 1,027 1 13 228 52.4

15 Indianapolis Colts 1,025 -5 4 233 55.9

16 Pittsburgh Steelers 1,020 1 25 235 17.8

17 Green Bay Packers 1,019 0 2 232 20.1

18 Miami Dolphins 1,015 -3 39 242 26.6

19 Tennessee Titans 1,000 1 13 232 24.4

20 Seattle Seahawks 994 -2 12 231 -2.4

21 Cincinnati Bengals 953 1 10 222 34.9

22 New Orleans Saints 942 0 13 232 30.7

23 Arizona Cardinals 935 2 16 223 23.9

24 San Diego Chargers 917 3 14 224 41.6

25 St Louis Rams 913 -2 7 217 22.3

26 Buffalo Bills 909 3 14 222 39.5

27 San Francisco 49ers 875 1 14 214 20.8

28 Detroit Lions 872 -5 40 208 18.5

29 Jacksonville Jaguars 866 -1 14 217 26.9

30 Atlanta Falcons 856 -2 32 214 28.2

31 Minnesota Vikings 835 0 38 209 8.2

32 Oakland Raiders 797 -7 7 215 -

I guess, bottom line, they are your favorite team, thus they are #1 to you. Fair enough, but that is as far as it goes.

If the shoe fits.

And what's this about #1 franchise?

Last I looked the New Orleans Saints were the defending champions.

Historically, the Packers have won the most titles.

Per Forbes magazine the valuation of each franchise is as follows:

Team Current Value ($mil) 1-Yr Value Change (%) Debt/Value (%) Revenue ($mil) Operating Income ($mil)

1 Dallas Cowboys 1,650 2 12 280 9.2

2 Washington Redskins 1,550 1 15 345 90.3

3 New England Patriots 1,361 3 21 302 70.9

4 New York Giants 1,183 0 55 230 26.1

5 New York Jets 1,170 0 64 227 24.3

6 Houston Texans 1,150 2 26 256 41.5

7 Philadelphia Eagles 1,123 1 16 250 48.8

8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1,085 3 13 241 68.9

9 Chicago Bears 1,082 2 9 241 41.6

10 Denver Broncos 1,081 2 14 240 39.9

11 Baltimore Ravens 1,079 2 25 240 44.3

12 Carolina Panthers 1,049 1 18 238 22.9

13 Cleveland Browns 1,032 0 15 235 20.2

14 Kansas City Chiefs 1,027 1 13 228 52.4

15 Indianapolis Colts 1,025 -5 4 233 55.9

16 Pittsburgh Steelers 1,020 1 25 235 17.8

17 Green Bay Packers 1,019 0 2 232 20.1

18 Miami Dolphins 1,015 -3 39 242 26.6

19 Tennessee Titans 1,000 1 13 232 24.4

20 Seattle Seahawks 994 -2 12 231 -2.4

21 Cincinnati Bengals 953 1 10 222 34.9

22 New Orleans Saints 942 0 13 232 30.7

23 Arizona Cardinals 935 2 16 223 23.9

24 San Diego Chargers 917 3 14 224 41.6

25 St Louis Rams 913 -2 7 217 22.3

26 Buffalo Bills 909 3 14 222 39.5

27 San Francisco 49ers 875 1 14 214 20.8

28 Detroit Lions 872 -5 40 208 18.5

29 Jacksonville Jaguars 866 -1 14 217 26.9

30 Atlanta Falcons 856 -2 32 214 28.2

31 Minnesota Vikings 835 0 38 209 8.2

32 Oakland Raiders 797 -7 7 215 -

I guess, bottom line, they are your favorite team, thus they are #1 to you. Fair enough, but that is as far as it goes.

Good one Gip. Unfortunately most franchises determine their success on their ability to win Super Bowls and Pittsburgh has won the most. There isn't a sane person on the planet that would rank Cleveland ahead of Pittsburgh. Let alone Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Denver, Carolina, Houston, Philadelphia etc, etc, etc. The list above boils down to the markets for each team and Pittsburgh is a small market team. Jerry Jones sits at one and it's because of the circus he runs and funds. You lose all credibility each time you post a list of similar information and stand behind it like it's gospel. Come back to reality. Franchise success is not based on total revenue in the NFL because most make a load of money. It just depends on how substantial the load. However when it all boils down all the owners in each instance care about is winning championships and once again Pittsburgh tops that list. No we aren't talking NFL Championships which few give a sh.it about but you'll hold on to that with every bit of your meaningless grip for as long as you can. It's getting old Gip, get a grip.

It will be he just needs to learn a new position. They have him playing RT and RT is where he'll stay. If you look over his stats he was tremendous against the run and that's the RT's focus most of the time. We have two enormous tackles now and some road graders in between. Rumor has it Pouncey really lite it up when he was on the field before tweaking his hamstring. He's yet to go against Casey Hampton but early reports are he has Dawson type feet and he's moving nose tackles up field. A few coaches have indicated they feel he's ready for the calls required by the center position and that he could very well start at center with a guy like Trai Essex at RG. Pittsburgh could have a really formidable offensive line this year and Flozell once he's used to the position will only help. Mendenhall is going to have field day, mark my words.

Good take

Good one Gip. Unfortunately most franchises determine their success on their ability to win Super Bowls and Pittsburgh has won the most. There isn't a sane person on the planet that would rank Cleveland ahead of Pittsburgh. Let alone Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Denver, Carolina, Houston, Philadelphia etc, etc, etc. The list above boils down to the markets for each team and Pittsburgh is a small market team. Jerry Jones sits at one and it's because of the circus he runs and funds. You lose all credibility each time you post a list of similar information and stand behind it like it's gospel.

I don't stand behind it as gospel. This is just data that was put together by a completely disinterested, completely mercenary entity. It is like the Sports books in Las Vegas....completely neutral and only concerned with the bottom line. So, in that regard it is persuasive. It does not harbor mine nor your personal subjective views, mine nor your personal prejudices.

Come back to reality.

Your definition of reality being that which you subjectively believe to be true. Yea, that is a place I have already come back from.

Franchise success is not based on total revenue in the NFL because most make a load of money. It just depends on how substantial the load.

Oh, you are so naive. To some NFL owners it is all about the bottom line. Some could care less about winning, really. Bill Bidwill never cared about winning. Many do, but don't fool yourself into thinking that financial success may not be the be all and end all of certain owners "scorecard". OK, it shouldn't be that way, but often it is.

However when it all boils down all the owners in each instance care about is winning championships and once again Pittsburgh tops that list. No we aren't talking NFL Championships which few give a sh.it about but you'll hold on to that with every bit of your meaningless grip for as long as you can. It's getting old Gip, get a grip.

Again, everything you say and do is based on your own personal prejudices, your own narrow personal point of view. You want to exclude any reality that doesn't fit your fantasy world. Yep, reality is not really a destination on your itinerary. The Steelers can be #1 in your mind and your heart. Just don't think that your mind and heart constitute the universe. (perhaps though, you shoule read up on metaphysics)

Hey Gip,

Find me a person not a NFL owner that ranks team revenue and the bottom line above winning championships. I'm naive? yet you're amazingly delusional and short sighted. I don't reside in a alternate reality and I don't make outlandish arguments in some sort of weak attempt to make myself feel better. Every team on that list makes a TON of money, only a handful win Championships and only ONE has won 6. You sound like a jack ass Gip but this isn't anything new. You spin and spin and spin the argument but by the time you're done you don't know north from south or your head from a hole in the ground. What I'd like now is a post full of 10 dollar words and euphemisms. I'm sure it's coming. I might as well suggest it.

Archived