THE BROWNS BOARD

The Auto Bailouts, ...... Did they work?

Mr. T

So when Gibbs twists words and transforms his words talking about the auto industry, it is funny how he tries to claim the success of Ford Motors from the Auto bailouts.

The Ford Motor company did not take a dime from the government bailouts, they did it their way.

These guys have to lie about being successful, and they have the liberal media like ABC Good Morning America following right along while every Willie Nillie believes what is said.

And where is all of the GM plants today? ..... overseas, You can Thank all the Commi Libs that shipped away American jobs so they could do Marxist takeover of the auto industry.

So when Gibbs twists words and transforms his words talking about the auto industry, it is funny how he tries to claim the success of Ford Motors from the Auto bailouts.

The Ford Motor company did not take a dime from the government bailouts, they did it their way.

These guys have to lie about being successful, and they have the liberal media like ABC Good Morning America following right along while every Willie Nillie believes what is said.

And where is all of the GM plants today? ..... overseas, You can Thank all the Commi Libs that shipped away American jobs so they could do Marxist takeover of the auto industry.

As one might expect NPR, today, was plugging Obama's visit to the GM and Chrysler factories - complete with sound bites from him and some of the UAWs.

In short, I don't know the answer to the question RE: whether or not the bailouts are successful. I say 'are' successful, not 'were' successful because - IMHO - the jury is still out.

If they pay back the loans completely, then I would say the bailouts are successful. If they don't, somebody needs to take out a calculator and determine how much taxpayers paid for each job created by the bailouts. For example, if the math says we paid $250K per job per year then, clearly, the program would be a failure.

The calculation would need to take into account such things as how many jobs the bailouts created or, even, 'saved'. Any manufacturing has quite a ripple effect but I don't know if the lion's share of that supply chain ripple went/goes to Mexico, for example, and how much goes to the hard-hit areas of the US.

Bottom line is that we will never know the answer to the fundamental question but there will be plenty of material for those on either side of the issue to demagogue for decades.

The Great Gibbster stated that 55,000 jobs have been created from the bailout and it saved a million jobs in the midwest.

I'm wondering what source he pulled these numbers from. In reality GM layed everyone off and closed multiple plants abroad and the only thing I can think of is that 55,000 workers have been called back to work.

Meanwhile cities like Ontario OH are wondering what they are going to do for jobs since the GM factory there has been closed down for good.

robert+gibbs+baghdad+bob.jpg

If they had just let GM file for bankruptcy, they could have reorganized and renegotiated contracts

with the union(s).

but Obamao wants those votes from that union.

So, he saved the union's salaries, while dumping the head of GM,

while shutting down a whole lot of dealerships... in districts and states that went Republican,

putting a LOT of people out of work.

Everything the Obamao regime does, is about keeping power, no matter who or what they

have to manipulate, or intimidate.

I think the 35,000 workers laid off from GM in during Regan's tenure would "respectfully" disagree.

No they're not. Don't be ridiculous. The domestic auto industry still directly or indirectly employs more than 66% of all autoworkers in the US. Used to be 75% a few years ago but I'm sure it's less now.

As one might expect NPR, today, was plugging Obama's visit to the GM and Chrysler factories - complete with sound bites from him and some of the UAWs.

In short, I don't know the answer to the question RE: whether or not the bailouts are successful. I say 'are' successful, not 'were' successful because - IMHO - the jury is still out.

If they pay back the loans completely, then I would say the bailouts are successful. If they don't, somebody needs to take out a calculator and determine how much taxpayers paid for each job created by the bailouts. For example, if the math says we paid $250K per job per year then, clearly, the program would be a failure.

The calculation would need to take into account such things as how many jobs the bailouts created or, even, 'saved'. Any manufacturing has quite a ripple effect but I don't know if the lion's share of that supply chain ripple went/goes to Mexico, for example, and how much goes to the hard-hit areas of the US.

Bottom line is that we will never know the answer to the fundamental question but there will be plenty of material for those on either side of the issue to demagogue for decades.

GM, Ford, and Chrysler have been able to reduce their overhead cost about $2000 per vehicle. Their products are already vastly improved and on par with products made anywhere else in the world (have you drove the 2011 Mustang? it beats BMW's that cost twice as much) and now with extra money for research, development, and materials, they will have most imports brands on their heels.

No they're not. Don't be ridiculous. The domestic auto industry still directly or indirectly employs more than 66% of all autoworkers in the US. Used to be 75% a few years ago but I'm sure it's less now.

In total, the industry has added 55,000 jobs in the past year, a stark contrast to the 334,000 auto jobs lost the year before

Source

Archived