THE BROWNS BOARD

Recession hits the NFL offices?

Vegasdogg

Wow, this is rich. The best professional league in the USA needs to trim the fat? What a crock of shit.

SAN FRANCISCO -- The National Football League will cut about 150 league jobs, or about 14% of its staff, over the next 60 days to cut costs in response to the recession, according to media reports Tuesday. The layoffs will not affect individual teams, which are controlled by the clubs, but will affect the NFL's New York City headquarters; NFL Films in Mount Laurel, N.J.; and NFL Network and NFL.com based in Los Angeles.

Copyright © 2008 MarketWatch, Inc.

I think a lot of companies are taking advantage of this "recession" and doing layoffs just because they can get away with it.

One thing I have noticed, and maybe I am wrong, but I haven't heard any sales reports on Black Friday. Were the sales up, were the sale down... I don't know. And maybe there is a reason why they haven't reported it.

Black Friday sales have varied by stores but overall this year it was worse than last year.

Walmart sales are good only becos people who went to the really big stores went to the smaller ones as they too went on a cost cutting budget.

Any body here curious about the recession ?

Archived