THE BROWNS BOARD

HAPPY BROWNS DAY

ATENEARS

Just to keep everyone grounded and put this 'Seneca Wallace is out-playing Jake Delhomme' bullshit to bed after one practice. Here is a clip of #87 TE Joel Gamble running the underneith route and #88 Old man Bobby Engram coming from the far side and running a deeper route. My video doesn't show the QB's very well at the very start, by eliminating #17 Delhomme & #5 Brett Ratliff standing in the background, it has to be #6 Seneca Wallace who throws the terribly over-thrown pass to #88 Engram, while #12 Colt McCoy hits #87 Joel Gamble fairly well underneith.

We have our own "Hard Knocks: The Cleveland Browns" it just needs narrated with story lines :)

At the end of the first video when Jackson puts Hillis on the ground I noticed David Veikune's body doesnt look like an NFL linebacker. How has he looked in drills?

Also there was alot of talk about WR Haggerty being the talk of OTA's, did he stand out to you?

We have our own "Hard Knocks: The Cleveland Browns" it just needs narrated with story lines :)

At the end of the first video when Jackson puts Hillis on the ground I noticed David Veikune's body doesnt look like an NFL linebacker. How has he looked in drills?

Also there was alot of talk about WR Haggerty being the talk of OTA's, did he stand out to you?

Wow, funny you mention Veikune, because I was just re-watching a few of these video's and I saw #57 Veikune in that same shot you just mentioned, running to the next drill. I thought the same thing (about him not having an NFL body) and I've made a mental note to key in on him at this afternoons workout. I'll try to bring you some exclusive stuff on Veikune in a few hours.

I think I may have some video around here of Haggerty from yesterday ... let me check. If not, I'll try to shoot some today as well.

I also saw #28 James Davis among some of this video. Davis was a beast last year at these training camps until he got hurt in that questionable after-practice hit a few weeks later. I will be checking to see if he is bringing the same amount of fire or if he has been neutered and headed for cuts.

Here are the match-ups you'll see from this video:

#53 Matt Roth -vs- #81 Alx Smith

#51 Chris Gocong -vs- #47 Lawrence Vickers

#54 Blake Costanzo -vs- #40 Peyton Hillis

#58 Marcus Benard -vs- #69 C.J. Mosley

#96 David Bowens -vs- #87 Joel Gamble

#50 Eric Barton -vs- #28 James Davis

#56 Kaluka Malava -vs- #34 Chris Jennings

#99 Scott Fujita -vs- #84 Robert Royal

#93 Jason Trusnik -vs- #82 Benjamin Watson

In just a couple hours we will be trucking the short mile and a half from my driveway to the Cleveland Browns Training facility in beautiful Berea Ohio.

Later in the day we will have a full report, along with pictures and video of how the team looks on Day #1. In years past these reports have proved to be a staple to how camp went down for some individual players and/or how the team finished the sason. Some miscues (Corey Bridges), but many straight reporting that nailed an insight of the Browns long before the media.

Raise a glass today as this is the start of the Browns Football season!

Happy Browns Day!

Living out here in AZ makes it very hard to get ANY info about the Browns so I look forward to your training camp reports every year!! Thank you so very much!! It is appreciated more than you may know!!

Shelly :wub:

I took a lot of pictures and shot some video. Here is the first of the video I'm uploading. The third duo to go at it is LB D'Qwell Jackson who runs over RB Peyton Hillis to the delight of the other Defensive Players who celebrate the hit.

Don't throw D'Qwell out with the bath water just yet ... and It don't appear that Vickers is in any jeopardy of losing his dominating blocking scheme playing time any time soon.

DANG! Hillis got his clock cleaned! I really thought he would be a better blocker than that! He let his footwork die in the hole...That's why he got creamed! Work on your footwork HILLIS!

Hey I would like to say thanks a bunch to all the guys who are at camp and contributing... It means a lot to us who are far from the action. I also want to say thanks for the email. I've been on some online classes this summer and haven't had time to peruse the board like I'd like to.

Keep rollin' out the news guys!

DT

Hey I would like to say thanks a bunch to all the guys who are at camp and contributing... It means a lot to us who are far from the action. I also want to say thanks for the email. I've been on some online classes this summer and haven't had time to peruse the board like I'd like to.

Keep rollin' out the news guys!

DT

Thanks for hanging with us, glad the e-mail brought you back and the training camps made it worth your while.

Archived