THE BROWNS BOARD

Hardesty Injured - per NFL.com

mopaji

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns second-round draft pick Montario Hardesty missed Saturday's first workout with a twisted knee.

Browns coach Eric Mangini revealed Hardesty's ailment at his post-practice press conference, saying the injury occurred during a drill earlier in the week.

Mangini said Hardesty would be out for a couple of weeks.

Hardesty suffered a series of knee injuries during his time at Tennessee, but Mangini said this setback "wasn't anything related to those injuries."

Hardesty is expected to challenge veteran incumbent Jerome Harrison for the starting running back job.

He was one of the team's bright spots during summer workouts, but missing two weeks of training camp certainly doesn't help his case to push Harrison.

Harrison is going into his sixth year. He had three consecutive 100-yard rushing games as the Browns won their last four games to finish 5-11 season last year.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Yeah thats what worrys me as well it wasnt like full on pads contact,but it could of happened to anyone..the only thing that worries me is the history he has with injurys,good thing we have depth at the postiton,i hope he can withstand the full 16 game nfl schedule wait scratch that it might turn to 18

Well it's 20 games now so 18 will be like two days off . lol

Yeah i know what you mean i wasnt really considering preseason because theres no telling how much one guy or another might play, i was just saying the regular season where all the marbles matter and every play its got full string nfl caliber defense"s trying to take his head off

Looks like the kid could be a walking injury after all...lets hope not but this early in it isnt looking good...

that's what they said about Adrian Peterson after he got hurt as a rookie. Let's not jump to conclusions, lots of guys who were injury prone in college never got hurt in the NFL and vice versa. We shouldn't worry until he gets more injury prone in the NFL. He looked great in spring, hopefully he can come back 100% and look great in the fall.

A rookie that has had knee issues in the past missing camp time because of a twisted knee is always something to be worried about.

I agree- well we knew the kid was (is) an injury risk- the reason why he slid. BUT the Browns traded up to take a chance? Will he be another Thurman Thomas, or KiJana Carter- time will tell. Personally after last year screw this stuff- see if Harrison can be the feature back- don't tell me he's too small- he's bigger than Warrick Dunn and Dave Megett.

if he didnt have knee problems in college, he would of competed with spiller for the top rb taken in the draft. As a tennessee fan, he is a great running back to watch and is truly an impact player, but there is always that worrying feeling that he will re hurt his knee. Im sure its nothing too serious and he will he be fine.

Sorry to say but he was the worst draft pick I've seen in awhile. Luckily it's not a position of need since we still have Harrison, Jennings, Hillis and Davis returning. Should have grabbed a reciever or lb there instead of RB...

I would disagree. He filled in a position of need - a big back we needed. Also, we have enough young receivers to develop, so grabbing another is just not a bright idea.

Archived