THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden Signs!!

IschY

Just heard from the best news site out there TWITTER that 7th pick Joe Haden has signed with the Browns for 5 years 50 millions dollars 26 million guranteed all according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain Dealer. This is great news!!!

yeah thats great we need to get him into camp and see just what he can actually do,i was a little skeptical with the decison considering if you look at the track records of top 10 taken CBs Quentin Jammer,Terrenace Newman etc.. yet there not bad to say the least,but i think haden is an athletic freak and saw some games with him at flordia and was impressed,im a huge berry supporter and was really hoping some way he'd fall to us or we could swap places with KC to grab him,I liked the T.J. pick though even though theres claims he was a reach at where we took him,all in all im not disapponited at all to say the least,Hardesty is a Beast and Mccoy was a steal who can develop into a winner...Just glad we got them all in now they need to learn the playbook and get ready for preseason,ready to see things work out

Cleveland Browns top pick Joe Haden agrees to 5-year, $50 million deal, with $26 million guaranteed

CLEVELAND -- Browns top pick Joe Haden agreed to terms on a five-year deal worth $50 million, with $26 million guaranteed, Haden's agent Malik Shareef told the Plain Dealer.

Haden missed the morning practice but will try to be on the field for the evening session.

"Joe is excited,'' said Shareef. "We'd like to thank the Browns for all their hard work on this.''

Details to follow.

This is a bit off topic and not just directed at Haden, but rookie contracts are becoming rediculous. Haden $50 million over 5 years with $26 million guaranteed. Gerald McCoy, 5 years $63 million!

After making 5 probowls Polamalu got a 5 year extension with $33 millions with $15 million guaranteed. Hard to believe rookie DB's are getting contracts nearly twice as that.

After 3 probowls the Ravens made Terrell Suggs the highest paid linebacker ever! A 6 year deal worth $63 million with $10 million guaranteed.

McCoy is getting the same amount for only 5 years, and way more than $10 million is guaranteed.

Bradford is getting atleast $76 million over 6 years and $50 million in guaranteed money.

Rookies should not be getting paid more than players who have proven to be the league's elite.

This is a bit off topic and not just directed at Haden, but rookie contracts are becoming rediculous. Haden $50 million over 5 years with $26 million guaranteed. Gerald McCoy, 5 years $63 million!

After making 5 probowls Polamalu got a 5 year extension with $33 millions with $15 million guaranteed. Hard to believe rookie DB's are getting contracts nearly twice as that.

After 3 probowls the Ravens made Terrell Suggs the highest paid linebacker ever! A 6 year deal worth $63 million with $10 million guaranteed.

McCoy is getting the same amount for only 5 years, and way more than $10 million is guaranteed.

Bradford is getting atleast $76 million over 6 years and $50 million in guaranteed money.

Rookies should not be getting paid more than players who have proven to be the league's elite.

I totally agree. Making a bad top 5 pick and signing him to a big contract will set a franchise back at least 5 years. That is a pretty severe penalty for missing out on what is at best a 60% proposition.

I hope I am wrong I am still not high on this dude. Not for $26 mil guaranteed.

Still wish we could have drafted Eric Berry. Anyway he wont be ready to dominate for at least 3 years and by then Wright will have bolted for more money somewhere else, so he will be the main guy. I just hope Wright see's the potential with this kid and might take a little less down the road to be on a dominant secondary.

Does anyone know what Darrelle Revis is asking for his contract? Like i stated before i think the kid has a ton of potential as an althete but i wasnt sold on drafting a corner so high i was all for eric berry and i do think earl thomas is gonna be a great saftey 2..Also i think we may have been able to grab him along the lines of say #14 or so but i dont know if anyone was willing to trade places or for what costs

Does anyone know what Darrelle Revis is asking for his contract? Like i stated before i think the kid has a ton of potential as an althete but i wasnt sold on drafting a corner so high i was all for eric berry and i do think earl thomas is gonna be a great saftey 2..Also i think we may have been able to grab him along the lines of say #14 or so but i dont know if anyone was willing to trade places or for what costs

Revis is wanting to be paid more than Asomough(sp?), like 16 mill a year..

Haden's contract is 12 million higher than DHB's was last year in the same spot. DHB was enormously overpaid for his position. Haden is making $10 million more than Rolando McClain, drafted one spot later.

These contracts are a team killer if the player doesn't pan out.

Rookie contracts anymore are absolutely absurd and when everything shakes out in the negotiations in the future a rookie cap needs to be put in place. If I were a Cleveland fan I would HATE that contract. 26 Million dollars guaranteed? Christ. But yea you have to like getting your 1 in, in time for camp.

Rookie contracts anymore are absolutely absurd and when everything shakes out in the negotiations in the future a rookie cap needs to be put in place. If I were a Cleveland fan I would HATE that contract. 26 Million dollars guaranteed? Christ. But yea you have to like getting your 1 in, in time for camp.

I suspect it is the same for every single #1 draft pick for every team, not just Cleveland. The Steeler fans should probably hate the contract Pouncey will get when he signs, if he hasn't already.

As noted, this is a major issue in the Collective Bargaining negotiations. The union will almost certainly agree to a rookie wage scale as long as more money than the rookies are getting are shifted over to veterans and retirees. Both sides agree on the concept, the question is how to implement it.

Archived