THE BROWNS BOARD

offensive line

7moses7

liked seeing an offensive line come together and getting a touchdown on a opening drive to start a game.Lauvao looks like another solid OL pick.

That's what I'm interested in more than anything else ... Lauvao. If this third rounder becomes a rock on the O-line, we are have THREE solid buiding blocks (and a nice vet at LG) on the line, and that means YEARS of winning battle on the line of scrimmage, protecting our QB and opening holes ... that gets me excited!

Zombo

i wasnt able to watch the game, but from everything that ive read Jake didnt get a finger put on him that entire drive. thats what i like to hear, although i dont believe GB is top blitzing team. Will be interesting to see how Mack n co. handle Ray Lewis and the rest of the division, i like our chances this year

That's what I'm interested in more than anything else ... Lauvao. If this third rounder becomes a rock on the O-line, we are have THREE solid buiding blocks (and a nice vet at LG) on the line, and that means YEARS of winning battle on the line of scrimmage, protecting our QB and opening holes ... that gets me excited!

Zombo

I can see where big, tall, fat sweaty linemen get you excited..

I can see where big, tall, fat sweaty linemen get you excited..

They should.

Everything you want to do on offense is predicated on having a solid line. You can draw up all the nifty plays you want with great backs, receives and QB, but if your backs have nowhere to run and the QB doesn't stand a chance to wait for his great receivers to get in to their routes or simply slammed to the ground, forget it.

Teams shouldn't waste a pick on offensive "skill' positions until they have at least 3 solid offensive linemen...I'd go so far as to say you are wasting your time until you have at least 4 rocks along the front.

I agree, They attacked off the ball. The run game is going to one of our strenghts. I think Seneca W. is going to be a sleeper and suprise us all down the road. Hispeed on the outside kept their defense off balance. At the end of the day is was a good beinging of the new era.

I was quite impressed by the first team blocking against a big geechy packer front 7 and both our QBs looked fantastic for for the short time they have worked at it as browns...and evans is a friggin beast and ward is something special...i know we are still a work in progress but its obvious we are barking up the right tree and barking there will be...

Im about to say the unthinkable...daboll done a great job of mixing it up last night and mangini made some gutsy righteous calls i liked rather they succeeded or not lets hope they can keep it up!

Sorry to get off topic a bit but im really pumped now!

I was quite impressed by the first team blocking against a big geechy packer front 7 and both our QBs looked fantastic for for the short time they have worked at it as browns...and evans is a friggin beast and ward is something special...i know we are still a work in progress but its obvious we are barking up the right tree and barking there will be...

Im about to say the unthinkable...daboll done a great job of mixing it up last night and mangini made some gutsy righteous calls i liked rather they succeeded or not lets hope they can keep it up!

Sorry to get off topic a bit but im really pumped now!

Gips.............is it really you ??? :D

And Womack and Pashos didn't even play.

But if people don't know about Alex Mack yet, it's time that they find out. He is a Pro Bowler in the making.

I thought having Lauvao in there with the ones is great for that kid's development. That's all that kid will see in division play: complicated 3-4 blitzing. I thought he did well even though he did let AJ Hawk slip in there once to disrupt one of Wallace's passes.

Mack can REALLY get down field and get good blocks . He got a couple good ones last night .

yes, he did! i love how guys like mack and jt just look for somebody to bullrush.

ya hear that, butch davis? a soild o-line sets a team up to have success on offense.

I read in Sunday's paper, that St. Claire sp? played at RT.

If so, I owe him a big apology because I kept flapping my jaws about him last year,

and yesterday he played a good game. @@

Archived