THE BROWNS BOARD

Jurevicius - Six Surgeries

WPB Dawg Fan

For those of us waiting on JJ to get back into the lineup next year....I am finding that possibility to be less than probable. He has already had 6 surgeries on his on his knee and is about to undergo his 7th. I admire his desire to come back...but the reality is with that many surgeries and at his age...and the requirements on a knee for a WR....he is unlikely to get into the kind of shape necessary to play at the NFL level.

I hate to say it, but the Browns have to go forward with the idea that JJ is NOT on the team.

For those of us waiting on JJ to get back into the lineup next year....I am finding that possibility to be less than probable. He has already had 6 surgeries on his on his knee and is about to undergo his 7th. I admire his desire to come back...but the reality is with that many surgeries and at his age...and the requirements on a knee for a WR....he is unlikely to get into the kind of shape necessary to play at the NFL level.

I hate to say it, but the Browns have to go forward with the idea that JJ is NOT on the team.

That kinda screws us even further ! How long before the path to recovery ? next season is still a long time away, so maybe he can come back ?

That kinda screws us even further ! How long before the path to recovery ? next season is still a long time away, so maybe he can come back ?

He's 36 with 12+ seasons of play in the NFL.

He's having a 7th surgery on his knee for an injury that is close a year old. It doesn't seem that his knee is getting any better.

John is right; we need to proceed with the assumption that he won't be back.

He's 36 with 12+ seasons of play in the NFL.

He's having a 7th surgery on his knee for an injury that is close a year old. It doesn't seem that his knee is getting any better.

John is right; we need to proceed with the assumption that he won't be back.

he's 33 thank you.

Joe will turn 34 on December 23rd. and i think he's had 11 seasons? but yeah, it sux.

I'd just like to point out 7 surgeries for

ONE injury

and he's probably not going to come back.

Now let's THINK

How many surgeries for K2?

How many seasons?

How much longer you think he can hold up before his production tanks or he's out all season getting surgeries?

I'd just like to point out 7 surgeries for

ONE injury

and he's probably not going to come back.

Now let's THINK

How many surgeries for K2?

How many seasons?

How much longer you think he can hold up before his production tanks or he's out all season getting surgeries?

This was the point I was trying to make - if it were 7 surgeries for a number of different injuries, that's one thing. But 7 for the same injury is...disconcerting to say the least.

sisky - thanks for the correction on his age. I thought he was 36 or going on 36.

sisky - thanks for the correction on his age. I thought he was 36 or going on 36.
;) he might as well be lem. it's probably over.

when a lot of the board underestimated the guy's 3rd down production i was scared to death.

i can remember one poster in particular, someone with like 20,000+ posts, dismissing Joe's 07' play and that Paul Hubbard would just slide right in and it would be all popsickles and foot-rubs.

damn were they wrong. he might not be sexy but he's damn reliable. he'll be tough to replace, whether it be in '09 or beyond, that's for sure.

I saw his interview and I want him to come back! I think he deserves to end his carreer off a real season instead of being injured. I don't care if he only has a couple of plays a game! That is one quality dude and I want (as does he) to see him end his NFL career as an active Cleveland Brown! Go JJ! WOOF WOOF WOOF and good luck!

Archived