THE BROWNS BOARD

MY Gridiron Space . Com

admin

logo.gif

Maybe a few of you remember years ago when The Browns Board was asked to join the 'NFLFSA' (NFL Fan Site Alliance). Well, the NFL fan sites that helped us colaborate on that group have stayed in contact and we are back to form MyGridIronSpace.com. Think MySpace/Facebook with even more options, but dedicated to Football and Football only.

It's an interesting concept in todays community establishments. The Browns Board has a true community among those of you who frequent daily, we will now share our group on a higher stage, among other such NFL fan sites.

Take a look at The Browns Boards designate page on MyGridironSpace.com AFC North's section at :

http://mygridironspace.com/viewPage.php?ID=AFC%20NORTH

The alliance with this group will be our official opposing teams reprentatives. So, come next season we will have an official opponent's team site to interact with.

NOTE: The site is still looking for a Steelers representive. Hey Preacher, why don't you sign up your home site before one of those greasy hair Steeler sites get the nomination.

Members, you are encouraged to register with MyGridironSpace.com and help represent our Browns fan base,

That's pretty cool man.

I've been kind of down in the dumps lately and putting everything behind the Cavs. I need to get my Browns pride back, but it ain't easy.

I here ya Riff, I tried to tell the guys behind MyGridironSpace that Browns fans are pretty much whipped pups at this point and most of our bark as been neutered. However, I also advised them that we'd be back in a frenzy soon, as we always bounce back, but right now things are as dim as ever in Browns Town.

Meanwhile, the Cavs are freaking kicking ass and taking names.

Guest ATENEARS

The Intro to the site

THEBROWNSBOARD.COM

The Browns Board was formed by a group of fans that banded together on AOL back as early as 1996-97. The significance of those years? It was during the Browns hiatus from the NFL. Without a team and without a known future at the time, the group found camaraderie in one another as the local Clevelanders hand typed most news articles on the Internet to other browns fans around the globe, regarding the future status of the team after the move to Baltimore.

The group stayed together and added (and lost, RIP) members as they debated whether Cleveland would get an expansion team or a relocated team. There was an on-going campaign of potential new owners with names such as Bill Cosby, Michael Jackson and Calvin Hill backing groups. Then the expansion draft, the college draft (where we took Tim Couch #1 overall), all was debated on-line for the first new cyber era.

It was truly a re-birth for the longtime Browns fans. The original members moved from AOL, to CBS/AOL, and on to a private members site call TheFullCleveland.com. On September 11th, 2003 a new site,’TheBrownsBoard.com’ emerged out of the group and the small core original group has grown to over 2000 members, with most of the original crew now serving as the sites Moderators, Advisors and Administrators.

This is not a site where a few computer junkies learned to like the Browns, this is a site where Browns fans found one another and learned to create an on-line community to live, breath, and eat Cleveland Browns Football together in a shared frenzy.

The Intro to the site

THEBROWNSBOARD.COM

The Browns Board was formed by a group of fans that banded together on AOL back as early as 1996-97. The significance of those years? It was during the Browns hiatus from the NFL. Without a team and without a known future at the time, the group found camaraderie in one another as the local Clevelanders hand typed most news articles on the Internet to other browns fans around the globe, regarding the future status of the team after the move to Baltimore.

The group stayed together and added (and lost, RIP) members as they debated whether Cleveland would get an expansion team or a relocated team. There was an on-going campaign of potential new owners with names such as Bill Cosby, Michael Jackson and Calvin Hill backing groups. Then the expansion draft, the college draft (where we took Tim Couch #1 overall), all was debated on-line for the first new cyber era.

It was truly a re-birth for the longtime Browns fans. The original members moved from AOL, to CBS/AOL, and on to a private members site call TheFullCleveland.com. On September 11th, 2003 a new site,’TheBrownsBoard.com’ emerged out of the group and the small core original group has grown to over 2000 members, with most of the original crew now serving as the sites Moderators, Advisors and Administrators.

This is not a site where a few computer junkies learned to like the Browns, this is a site where Browns fans found one another and learned to create an on-line community to live, breath, and eat Cleveland Browns Football together in a shared frenzy.

It doesn't get any more freaking hardcore than that.

I'm proud to be a part of this board, there are truly some great football minds here as well personalities.

It's important to keep a sense of humor while we wait for the Browns to get this ship righted.

Archived