THE BROWNS BOARD

Emanuel lies? about Blagojevich death threats?

calfoxwc

Emanuel: I'm Getting Death Threats Over Blagojevich Scandal

Obama's Chief of Staff Delayed Going to Work Because of Media Stakeout

By MATTHEW JAFFE

Dec. 12, 2008 carousel_blotter_logo.gif

The president-elect's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, said today he wouldn't go to the Chicago presidential transition offices in order to avoid reporters trying to ask him whether he had contact with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich about the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama's election. ap_blagojevich_emmanuel_081212_mn.jpg In this file photo, Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., right, answers a question as Illinois Gov. Rod R.... icon-arrow-down.gifIn this file photo, Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., right, answers a question as Illinois Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich, left, looks on during a news conference. Emmanuel, the President-elect's chief of staff, said today he won't go to the Chicago Presidential transition offices in order to avoid reporters seeking to ask him whether he had contact with Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich about the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama's election. icon-arrow-up.gif(Stephen J. Carrera/AP Photo)A spokesman for Emanuel said he later showed up at the office, apparently able to sneak out of the house without being seen by reporters waiting to ask him questions.

Meanwhile, late today a spokesperson for Emanuel confirmed in an email that an Associated Press story saying that he is not a target of the investigation is "accurate." Questions remain, however, over his contacts with Blagojevich and his staff, and Emanuel has still not said whether or not he's been contacted by the FBI for questioning.

Back at his home, Emanuel appeared "beet-red," according to an ABC News cameraman who was invited inside by Emanuel to use his bathroom this morning.

"I'm getting regular death threats. You've put my home address on national television. I'm pissed at the networks. You've intruded too much, " Emanuel said, according to the cameraman.

brian_ross_070423_mc.jpg More from Brian Ross and the Investigative TeamAn aide for Emanuel said late Friday afternoon that Emanuel did not make any remarks about receiving death threats. "While we appreciate this camera man's active imagination, this report is inaccurate," said Sarah Feinberg. Responding to Emanuel's comments, ABC News went back and double-checked with the camera man and we stand by the story.

Emanuel has refused to comment as to whether he is the un-named presidential adviser cited in the FBI affidavit filed in the Blagojevich case. "You're wasting your time," Emanuel told a Chicago Sun Times reporter yesterday. "I'm not going to say a word to you. I'm going to do this with my children. Don't do that. I'm a father. I have two kids. I'm not going to do it."

Asked, "Can't you do both?" Emanuel replied, "I'm not as capable as you. I'm going to be a father. I'm allowed to be a father," and he pushed the reporter's digital recorder away, according to the Sun Times account.

U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald says there is "nothing in the complaint" that implicates President-elect Obama but the affidavit suggests someone from the Obama camp was in touch with Blagojevich or his aides, if only to tell the Governor that Obama would not offer anything but "appreciation" in exchange for the Senate appointment.

Blagojevich: Who Is Advisor B?Posted on: December 11th, 2008

December 11, 2008

[/size]

National Review

Blagojevich: Who Is Advisor B?

An unnamed Washington politico is apparently a key player in the Obama Senate-seat scandal.

By Byron York

Barack Obama has flatly said that he has "not discussed the Senate seat with [Rod Blagojevich] at any time." If that is true - and Obama will undoubtedly be asked the broader question of whether he communicated in any way with Blagojevich on the subject - then the big story in the Blagojevich scandal is the role of intermediaries. Throughout the criminal complaint filed against Blagojevich, there are references to unnamed individuals who play important roles in the scandal - and who know a lot about what went on and who was involved. None of those intermediaries is more intriguing than the person referred to as "Advisor B."

We first learn about Advisor B in the complaint's description of a November 7 three-way telephone call between Blagojevich, his chief of staff John Harris, and "Advisor B, a Washington D.C.-based consultant." It was during this call that the participants talked about a "three-way deal for the open Senate seat," involving the Service Employees International Union and its affiliated group "Change to Win." The idea was that Blagojevich would appoint Obama favorite Valerie Jarrett to the seat, and in return, SEIU would make Blagojevich head of "Change to Win," and then Obama would perform some unspecified act to help "Change to Win." Harris said such a deal would give Obama a "buffer so there is no obvious quid pro quo for [senate Candidate One]," according to the complaint. ("Senate Candidate One," we now know, refers to Jarrett.) "Advisor B said that he liked the idea of the three-way deal," the complaint says. "Advisor B said they should leverage the president-elect's desire to have [Jarrett] appointed to the Senate seat in order to get a head position with Change to Win and a salary."

The next time we meet Advisor B is on November 10, during a two-hour conference call involving Blagojevich, Blagojevich's wife, Harris, Blagojevich's general counsel, "and various Washington-D.C. based advisors, including Advisor B," according to the complaint. Prosecutors have not said how many "various" advisors there were on the call - some apparently came and went during the two-hour session. On the call, Blagojevich conceded that it was unlikely that Obama would appoint him secretary of Health and Human Services or make him an ambassador. Given that, Blagojevich, according to the complaint, "asked what he can get from the president-elect for the Senate seat." The group discussed a number of options - remember, this call went on for a very long time. It was a laundry list of corrupt possibilities, and, apparently, several people, including some Washington-based politicos, were in on it.

Advisor B pops up again on November 12, in another conversation with Blagojevich. The two discussed forming a non-profit organization to be headed by Blagojevich and funded by some rich Obama supporter. According to the complaint, "Advisor B stated that he likes the idea, but liked the Change to Win option better because, according to Advisor B, from the president-elect's perspective, there would be fewer 'fingerprints' on the president-elect's involvement with Change to Win, because Change to Win already has an existing stream of revenue and, therefore, 'you won't have stories in four years that they bought you off.'"

As I wrote yesterday, the complaint contains a three-week gap - a period in which prosecutors don't discuss any conversations among the participants. Of that period, the complaint says, "Throughout the past month, ROD BLAGOJEVICH has continued to engage in numerous conversations relating to filling the open Senate seat," but gives no details. The details do not resume until December 4, the last big day in the Senate-seat plot. On that day, according to the complaint, Blagojevich "spoke to Advisor B and informed Advisor B that he was giving Senate Candidate Five [now known to be Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.] greater consideration for the Senate seat because, among other reasons, if ROD BLAGOJEVICH ran for re-election, Senate Candidate Five would 'raise money' for ROD BLAGOJEVICH, although ROD BLAGOJEVICH said he might 'get some (money) up front, maybe,' from Senate Candidate Five to insure Senate Candidate Five kept his promise about raising money for ROD BLAGOJEVICH." The complaint goes on to say that in a phone call recorded on October 31, Blagojevich said he was approached by an associate of Senate Candidate Five - that is, Jackson - for "pay to play" in which Jackson would raise $500,000 for Blagojevich and an emissary would raise $1 million for Blagojevich, if Blagojevich made Jackson a senator. Jackson has strongly denied all of the allegations.

The next day, December 5, the Chicago Tribune published an article reporting that Blagojevich was under surveillance. Blagojevich immediately stopped his efforts to sell the Senate seat and began to work on his legal defense. But from the actions described in the criminal complaint, there are some key players who remain unknown and, so far, uncharged. Anyone who wants to understand the Blagojevich scandal will have to learn more about Advisor B.

So who is the liar here?

A.) Emmanuel

B.) Axelrod

C.) Obama

D.) ALL OF THE ABOVE

Food for thought, how much did Blagojevich make off of Emmanuel?

Fact Check - Barack Obama Actually Endorsed Blagojevich - More Obama Scandals

Im suprised that this video hasnt been pulled like the others! ;)

What do you get when get Democratic Total Control? ........ look to the windy city for results.

Rahm is the "bomb"

Obama is needing aspirin by now - and he isn't even pres yet.

Just wait, Obamasan - if/when you ARE pres, it gets even tougher.

and try to get rid of the 2nd Ammendment, and it would get

far more than aspirin-requiring. You'll need a prescription headache fixer...

Odd, you never had headaches in Chicago.

But wait, this is the REAL AMERICA you'll be ? dealing with.

(or WERE you BORN in Kenya?)

Someone tell me these aren't the ramblings of a sick man.

Rahm is the "bomb"

Obama is needing aspirin by now - and he isn't even pres yet.

Just wait, Obamasan - if/when you ARE pres, it gets even tougher.

and try to get rid of the 2nd Ammendment, and it would get

far more than aspirin-requiring. You'll need a prescription headache fixer...

Odd, you never had headaches in Chicago.

But wait, this is the REAL AMERICA you'll be ? dealing with.

(or WERE you BORN in Kenya?)

No, they are the ramblings of a comedian.

Your negative subjective appraisal is purely partisan-based.

Ever notice how Carter, Reagan, Clinton and the Bushes all aged

about 20 years in appearance, while they were president?

Obama is looking like he's aged 20 years already, and he isn't

even president yet !

ROF,LMAO.

ahem. Now THAT was funny. If you don't think so, perhaps there

was no opportunity for you to have self-actualized in your younger years.

Although, I'm sure most of everybody here knows about self-actualization, MosquitoZits

may not, so, I'll submit a bit more information:

Self-actualization and Maslow's Hierarchy

The term was later used by Abraham Maslow in his article, A Theory of Human Motivation. Maslow explicitly defines self-actualization to be "the desire for self-fulfillment, namely the tendency for him [the individual] to become actualized in what he is potentially. This tendency might be phrased as the desire to become more and more what one is, to become everything that one is capable of becoming."[2] Maslow used the term self-actualization to describe a desire, not a driving force, that could lead to realizing one's capabilities. Maslow did not feel that self-actualization determined one's life; rather, he felt that it gave the individual a desire, or motivation to achieve budding ambitions.[3] Maslow's usage of the term is now popular in modern psychology when discussing personality from the humanistic approach.

A basic definition from a typical college text book defines self-actualization according to Maslow simply as "the full realization of one's potential" without any mention of antiquated Goldstein.[4]

A more explicit definition of self-actualization according to Maslow is "intrinsic growth of what is already in the organism, or more accurately of what is the organism itself...self-actualization is growth-motivated rather than deficiency-motivated."[5] This explanation emphasizes the fact that self-actualization can not normally be reached until other lower order necessities of Maslow's hierarchy of needs are satisfied. While Goldstein defined self-actualization as a driving force, Maslow uses the term to describe personal growth that takes place once lower order needs have been met.

People that have reached self-actualization are characterized by certain behaviors. Common traits amongst people that have reached self-actualization are as follows: [6]

They embrace reality and facts rather than denying truth.

They are spontaneous.

They are interested in solving problems.

They are accepting of themselves and others and lack prejudice.

For Goldstein it was a motive and for Maslow it was a level of development; for both, however, roughly the same kinds of qualities were expressed: independence, autonomy, a tendency to form few but deep friendships, a "philosophical" sense of humor, a tendency to resist outside pressures and a general transcendence of the environment rather than a simple "coping" with it.[7]

They embrace reality and facts rather than denying truth.

They are spontaneous.

They are interested in solving problems.

They are accepting of themselves and others and lack prejudice.

This must have been written about me. Thanks for the educational tidbit Cal.

post-80-1230061452_thumb.png

*******They embrace reality and facts rather than denying truth.

Now, who among us rejects reality and facts, and simply dwells on their own partisanship

and personal insults for what they consider to be credibility?

*******They are spontaneous.

Now, who are the ones who orchestrated a group leaving of the forum?

*******They are interested in solving problems.

Now, who are the one(s) who came back and have not attempted to join others in

solving the problems, but instead, simply continue with the personal insults?

*******They are accepting of themselves and others and lack prejudice.

Now, who are the one(s) who regularly promote their education in the face of others, and

are predudiced against anyone who disagrees with them, and don't have the same careers

and/or success as they do?

So, I bring up self-actualization in deeper terms that MosquitoZits might imagine.

But, alas, it is done despite only being a humble, simple, no phd here kind of guy. A fisher of funny,

a questor of love and friendship in giving, a friend to all in all roles, a giver not a taker,

a profoundly staunch and stubbornly loyal to my beliefs...

which reminds me of another story...

see, a week ago, I decided I wanted to put up the Christmas stuff on the front porch. Well, I was on a stool,

doing just that, but it was 1 in the morning, because I wanted to do it at night. And my wonderful cute Wife

already had laughed at my determination and went to bed after we had watched a movie, and anyways, I wanted

to hang the stuff after dark so I could see it as it went up.

But, I was halfway done, and my ladder slipped off the edge of the porch and went out from under me, and I

fell, and my forehead hit the porch pillar and actually broke it off the edge of the porch entirely.

Ergo, I was layin on the ground wondering which end was up, and finally got back up again, put the column back in place,

and continued to finishing my job.

And, I wasn't going to tell her what stupid thing happened, but she got up and saw me limping and rubbing my forehead

from inside. Our ninety lb pup heard me fall, and went and insistently woke her up and ran back to the front window.

He's smarter than me. But hey, I'm cool with not being perfect. And I accept I'm hardheaded in more ways than one.

-I- have quite sufficiently self-actualized. :rolleyes:

Archived