THE BROWNS BOARD

Butch Davis

Zombo

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I always thought he was a head case in Cleveland. He fired good coaches in his maddening pursuit of all-controlling power. In the end he had all the power ... on a sucky team that didn't want to play for him.

He was basically doing Holmgren's, Heckerts and Mangini's job all at once and he wasn't good at any of them. Lerner needs to shoulder some of that responsibility for allowing him that much control to begin with.

But I think Lerner has learned from his mistakes and righted the ship. Meanwhile, it looks like Butch's arrogance is catching up with him again.

Zombo

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I always thought he was a head case in Cleveland. He fired good coaches in his maddening pursuit of all-controlling power. In the end he had all the power ... on a sucky team that didn't want to play for him.

He was basically doing Holmgren's, Heckerts and Mangini's job all at once and he wasn't good at any of them. Lerner needs to shoulder some of that responsibility for allowing him that much control to begin with.

But I think Lerner has learned from his mistakes and righted the ship. Meanwhile, it looks like Butch's arrogance is catching up with him again.

Zombo

Possibly, but I would say that it is possible that he could have done Mangini's job fairly well if that was the only job he had...and if he would have been happy with that. But of course he wasn't.

AS soon as I heard the Tarheels hired butch I thought it would lead to trouble. Not many around here are surprised.

I will always have a special dislike for Butch. With team failing looking for direction he bailed out of the sinking ship with 5 games of the season to go. Another thing that peed me off is Randy L. gives him 12 mill after he deserted our guys. To you Butch hope you suck wherever you go.

Archived