THE BROWNS BOARD

JOE THOMAS - BIGGEST 1st ROUND BUST?

Guest Ghoolie

Guest Ghoolie

Dudes, the Titans and Cotls DE MANHANDLED, BITCHSLAPPED and basically used Joe Thomas for toilet paper. His performances have been mediocre but the last two weeks were pathetic. Freeny drove Thomas back-back-back-back-back and planted him ass first, right in front of the QB.

This is why drafting an offensive lineman in teh first round is the mark of an idiot.

Look, man, OL are the least gifted athletes of ANY pro sport. When 5th graders come to play pee-pee football, if your kid cannot

Pass

Catch

Run fast

Kick

Punt

tackle

His ass gets sent to the offensive line.

Why is it that fathers all want their kids fo be QB. WR, LB. DE, TE..............? Can you imagine WISHING, WANTING and ENCOURAGING YOUR SON to grow up to be a fatass, clumsy OL? Of course not. You want your kid to have skills and to be exciting.

Drafting JT in the first round was the mark of a nincompoop. Just watch him get ass punked this Monday night.

I would make this lard ass take a 50% pay cut, OR trade him.

Guest Ghoolie
Im thoroughly convinced you need professional help...Good Luck in Your quest to seek it....

What part of what I posted do you disagree with?

If what you are suggesting is that only the athletically gifted play OL than you are a nincompoop. Do you disagree that it is the kids without talent, the slow, fatsos that get sent to the OL?

Or do you think Joe Thomas being a bust is a ridiculous statement?

Just type in "Joe Thomas gets manhandled" and read the articles by well read columnists saying EXACLY that.

During the week before the Titans game, Memphis talk radio was FILLED with callers eluding to the fact that Dwight Freeny ass planted Joe Thomas all day long and that our QB will be easy to get to.

So again, if you have some substance behind your criticism, by all means list it. All I know is JT is looking more and more like a listless fat slob than Rosie Odonnel.

Dudes, the Titans and Cotls DE MANHANDLED, BITCHSLAPPED and basically used Joe Thomas for toilet paper. His performances have been mediocre but the last two weeks were pathetic. Freeny drove Thomas back-back-back-back-back and planted him ass first, right in front of the QB.

This is why drafting an offensive lineman in teh first round is the mark of an idiot.

Look, man, OL are the least gifted athletes of ANY pro sport. When 5th graders come to play pee-pee football, if your kid cannot

Pass

Catch

Run fast

Kick

Punt

tackle

Why is it that fathers all want their kids fo be QB. WR, LB. DE, TE..............? Can you imagine WISHING, WANTING and ENCOURAGING YOUR SON to grow up to be a fatass, clumsy OL? Of course not. You want your kid to have skills and to be exciting.

Drafting JT in the first round was the mark of a nincompoop. Just watch him get ass punked this Monday night.

DP=Drunk Posting

If what you are suggesting is that only the athletically gifted play OL than you are a nincompoop. Do you disagree that it is the kids without talent, the slow, fatsos that get sent to the OL?

Or do you think Joe Thomas being a bust is a ridiculous statement?

Just type in "Joe Thomas gets manhandled" and read the articles by well read columnists saying EXACLY that.

During the week before the Titans game, Memphis talk radio was FILLED with callers eluding to the fact that Dwight Freeny ass planted Joe Thomas all day long and that our QB will be easy to get to.

So again, if you have some substance behind your criticism, by all means list it. All I know is JT is looking more and more like a listless fat slob than Rosie Odonnel.

I guess the same could be said about Nose Tackles then. I mean, any big fat slob can play NT at a pro-bowl caliber.

There's a lot more to being a left tackle than you or I know. We watched Schaffer get run over at that position by EVERY teams pass rusher, elite or not. Hell, we watch Schaffer get run over playing RIGHT tackle against teams weakest guys. The fact that Thomas got beat on a couple of plays by two of the top guys in the NFL...and the other 70 plays he rendered them ineffective.

Yeah, he sucks so bad, that's why our sack total has dropped by 2/3rds since drafting him.

I get what your saying that it sucks to have to 'waste' a 1st round pick and find him in the 4th or 5th round, but you rarely find guys at those picks that don't need to be developed. Since we had no one for him to sit behind and develop, we had to find someone who could step in and play at a high level immediately.

I don't think judging Thomas based on team performance right now...is a good idea. Everyone around him seems to have given up. One guy can only block so many of the defense.

I don't think he's a bust, but let's see how things turn out next season. He hasn't been as good this year compared to last, but we could say that about almost all our players.

I don't think he's a bust, but let's see how things turn out next season. He hasn't been as good this year compared to last, but we could say that about almost all our players.

Let's not forget he's in year 2 now, with, frankly, suspect players and coaching around him (especially coaching).

I'm not sure how fair it is to judge anyone with this bunch of 'coaches'.

JT is not a bust but rather a victim of filmwork and bad offensive line scheming that fails to deal with it every once in a while your going to get a guy on the otherside you cant handle well and when this happens he needs some help but never gets it..

He and steiny are undersized to begin with imho...

Your assessment about kids with no talent getting sent to the line is bullshit, kids with no talent get sent to the bench.

Exactly. Some kids are big and slow, doesn't mean they're not god athletes. Just because someone is fast does not mean they're the only athletes on the gridiron. There are exceptional OL and DL in this league.

While we know Gafoolie is trying to get a rise out of people, the reason for it escapes me.

The whole thing....the only nincompoop here is the ass who posted this thread...Now that You were wrong about K2...You'll be wrong again about JT...Next You'll start blan\ming Pontbriand and cribbs,...It must suck to be You...

Guest Masters

Ghoolie doesn't watch the games. That is where his first problem starts. If he did watch the games, he'd know it was Shaffer that was getting ate alive, not Thomas. JT plays LT Ghoolie. Heat was coming from the right side.

Of course parents want their kids playing the glamore positions. Every one wants to play those. But there are more factors than the weak dribble you gave that decides how kids end up OL or DL.

Oh, and Ghoolie, I guess you think Paul Brown, Rooney, Belichek, Pioli, Parcels, Polian are all idiots then. Cause they all have used 1st round picks on OL.

I don't think Joe's parents are too disappointed in their son being an NFL Offensive lineman.

"Dudes, the Titans and Cotls DE MANHANDLED, BITCHSLAPPED and basically used Joe Thomas for toilet paper. His performances have been mediocre but the last two weeks were pathetic. Freeny drove Thomas back-back-back-back-back and planted him ass first, right in front of the QB.

Pass

Catch

Run fast

Kick

Punt

tackle

I would make this lard ass take a 50% pay cut, OR trade him."""""""

"""

Actually, Mario Williams when they played Houston tossed him around like a rag doll........as well

Adrian Peterson is doing swimmingly well behind the poop line in Minny without Joe Thomas

"Adrian Peterson is doing swimmingly well behind the poop line in Minny without Joe Thomas"

You sir still have no real knowledge about football.

Isn't their starting LEFT TACKLE a first rounder just like ours?

Wasn't their starting LEFT GUARD a high price young free agent Just like ours?

What about the other guys?

I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone starting under a 4th rounder on that line.

So cork it until you get a clue.

Adrian Peterson is doing swimmingly well behind the poop line in Minny without Joe Thomas[/b]

Following up the argument tobalaz started for you, rich, here is Minny's left side/center:

LT Bryant McKinnie - Outland Trophy Winner, #7 overall pick in 2002 Draft

LG - Steve Hutchinson - #17 overall pick in 2001 Draft, 5x Pro Bowler, 5x All-Pro

C - Matt Birk - 6x Pro Bowler, 2x All-Pro

So, Peterson (an admittedly rare talent and a great, great RB) is running behind 2 1st round picks on the left side and an All-Pro Center with 11 Pro Bowls and 7 All-Pro designations combined.

"Adrian Peterson is doing swimmingly well behind the poop line in Minny without Joe Thomas"

You sir still have no real knowledge about football.

Isn't their starting LEFT TACKLE a first rounder just like ours?

Wasn't their starting LEFT GUARD a high price young free agent Just like ours?

What about the other guys?

I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone starting under a 4th rounder on that line.

So cork it until you get a clue.

WHAAAAAA?????? POOO POO LINE? that may be the BEST OL in football..

Look what happened to Seatle since Steve Hutchinson LG (1st round pick in 01) left for TOP DOLLAR(49 million over 7 years for a guard) and joined the Vikings...

Bryant Mckinnie (selected 7th overall in 2002) LT

MAtt Birk (6th round) 6 time pro bowler at Center

Herrara undrafted out of Tennessee

and Ryan COok (second round) Vikings used the pick the got for Daunte Culpepper...

Poo Poo line a?

Pass

Catch

Run fast

Kick

Punt

tackle

This is all I have to say about this post!

Guest Ghoolie
Agreed...certified Retard. This year it is merely a team effort that is bringing him down.

Again, Terry Pluto and Bill Livingston recently worote how badly Joe Thomas is getting manhandled. Last year we played a shit schedule and nobody knew what to expect from Andersen.

Joe Thomas is a fahging lard ass. He looked like Nell Carter and got his ass handed to him tonight.

Paul Brown was like me, he thought drafting OL with a high pick was the action of an asshole.

Phil Sewage is an asshole.

Why aren't you chanting " IN SEWAGE WE TRUST" anymore.

Guest Ghoolie
Agreed...certified Retard. This year it is merely a team effort that is bringing him down.

He is not likely to be starting next season. The guy is getting manhandled. The Steelers will use Joe Thomas for Ass Wipe

Pass

Catch

Run fast

Kick

Punt

tackle

OK, I agree, Joe Thomas is having a lousy year. Who knows if this isn't a sophomore slump? Then again, just about every player on the Browns is having a lousy year. JT gets a one year mulligan from me. Yup, I saw the statue known as Ken Dorsey get creamed a few times from Joe's side, and you know why? Lousy offensive scheming. Aren't too many offensive linemen that can block two guys at once, and the Eagles were doing it, all day. Joe had to pick the guy that he wasn't going to be able to block.

Hey- you were all over Kosar for being a leadfoot- Dorsey has all the bad attributes of Kosar, without any of his positives. He's a third stringer for a reason, and not a very good one at that.

He is not likely to be starting next season. The guy is getting manhandled. The Steelers will use Joe Thomas for Ass Wipe

Go root for the Effin Stoolers you schmucktard!

Archived