THE BROWNS BOARD

Officials & Squeelers

Furnier

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You read my mind. I swear it was freaking bullshit what that officating crew did. Not only was that last touchdown obviously a bad call, reversing the call on the field no less, that first review was bullshit as well. I swear thier is a bookey out there that loves the Steelers and has every damn ref crew on his payroll. All I can say is the NFL needs to due some damn investations in to those damn refs.

How long can the list possibly be of reasons to hate the Steelers?

-Bandwagon fan base

-Steroid abuse and proof thereof by multiple sources such as Steve Courson, and the doctor who had the steroids illegally put on his personal credit card who soon after quit

-Help from the officials every game

-Dirty team, proven not only by Hines Ward but by their game plan to take out Carson Palmer and win their 5th steroid covered, bought Superbowl

You read my mind. I swear it was freaking bullshit what that officating crew did. Not only was that last touchdown obviously a bad call, reversing the call on the field no less, that first review was bullshit as well.

It was the right call.

If you have the ball in your hands and are standing in the endzone it is a TD, no matter where the ball is.

Simms and Nantz seemed to have a hard-on for Balt in that instance. They kept talking about where the ball was, like that mattered.

It was the right call.

If you have the ball in your hands and are standing in the endzone it is a TD, no matter where the ball is.

Simms and Nantz seemed to have a hard-on for Balt in that instance. They kept talking about where the ball was, like that mattered.

Did you guys play today?

I saw the wrap up of the NFL games after the Steelers clinched the division (4-0 against the Browns old and new) and I didn't see any mention of your team.

Maybe they've decided your not really an NFL team?

Oh well.

Super Bowl party at my house--you're all invited. Wear orange if you like.

Pops

Guest ATENEARS
It was the right call.

Wrong, the ball has to cross the plane of the goal line. When a receiver makes a catch on the end zone sideline and snags a pass out of bounds, but his feet are in, it's a TD because the ball crossed the plane which extends forever out of bounds.

What you are saying is that if a running back runs toward the goal line on 4th-and-1 and slides feet first into the end zone (without the ball crossing), is that a Touch down too?

Guest ATENEARS
How long can the list possibly be of reasons to hate the Steelers?

-Bandwagon fan base

-Steroid abuse and proof thereof by multiple sources such as Steve Courson, and the doctor who had the steroids illegally put on his personal credit card who soon after quit

-Help from the officials every game

-Dirty team, proven not only by Hines Ward but by their game plan to take out Carson Palmer and win their 5th steroid covered, bought Superbowl

Don't forget about their greasy hair, ugly ass fans.

Could the favorable officiating towards Pittshole be ANY more obvious?

DWJ

If you want to talk about officiating sucking why dont you look at all the times Harrison gets held especially today its xxxxing insane how many times the Ravens held his ass and nothing gets called. You dont like the call at the end maybe you should tell the Baltimore Ravens with their awesome number 2 ranked defense to stop the Steelers from driving down the field on them 92 yards with 3 minutes left and it never comes down to that to begin with....

Nice try Lummy, but once again, like usual your wrong.

Page 776 of the rules digest in the NFL fact book reads: "A player with the ball in his possession scores a touchdown when the ball is on, above or over the goal line."

And HolmesWard, I watched that matchup all game. I saw one hold that wasn't called. Other than that, Terry kicked the crap out of Harrison. Harrison is a good OLB, but Terry dominated him tonight.

Nice try Lummy, but once again, like usual your wrong.

Page 776 of the rules digest in the NFL fact book reads: "A player with the ball in his possession scores a touchdown when the ball is on, above or over the goal line."

And HolmesWard, I watched that matchup all game. I saw one hold that wasn't called. Other than that, Terry kicked the crap out of Harrison. Harrison is a good OLB, but Terry dominated him tonight.

It barely broke the plane of the goaline and that's all it has to do for it to be a touchdown. They showed the replay numerous times and you can clearly see that even the slighest inch of the ball was on the white stripe which makes it a touchdown...

Also, on Baltimore's first challenge, Russell was AT LEAST a yard behind the first down when he went down. Horrible spot gave him the first down. Play challenged, play SOMEHOW upheld even though it was clear from EVERY ANGLE he was short. That was third down, would have caused the Stillers to punt. Instead, it leads to a FG.

Guest ATENEARS
You dont like the call at the end maybe you should tell the Baltimore Ravens with their awesome number 2 ranked defense to stop the Steelers from driving down the field on them 92 yards with 3 minutes left and it never comes down to that to begin with....

You got that right. The Ravens are pounding on Big gay Ben all game long, he was throwing passes that were as ugly as his mug, as the ravens made him get rid of it earlier than he wanted time and time again. Steelers had no game plan to march it 92-yards ... but then, the call came in from NFL Headquarters, demanding that the ravens play prevent, geasy their a-holes and bend over and grab their ankles.

No other way to explain it. Is there some coaching fraternity that holds these Defensive Coordinators to roll over and take it up the ass in the final two-minutes? I can't believe how many times that happens. No Touch Downs for 58-minutes, and so you ease off and drop everyone in coverage and watch your team grow a hemroid.

Guest ATENEARS
It barely broke the plane of the goaline and that's all it has to do for it to be a touchdown. They showed the replay numerous times and you can clearly see that even the slighest inch of the ball was on the white stripe which makes it a touchdown...

I think had they ruled that on the field, there wouldn't be so much discussion about it Nationally, but they called that it was a TD because he had two feet down in the end-zone (which by rule, is not a TD).

I'm not so sure the replay was enough to over-turn the call on the field.

The Steelers need help to win again. I hope it is all bad karma and catches up to them in round one.

There was not even close to enough conclusive evidence to overturn that. And even if there was, that wasn't the officials ruling anyways. A TD or not, that is debateable and very close. But thats not the point of the thread. The insane upheld call earlier in the game, the overturned call for a TD, and the WRONG explanation as to why it COULD have been a TD is all just further proof to the officials gay manlove for the Steelers, similair to Lums for DA.

Also, on Baltimore's first challenge, Russell was AT LEAST a yard behind the first down when he went down. Horrible spot gave him the first down. Play challenged, play SOMEHOW upheld even though it was clear from EVERY ANGLE he was short. That was third down, would have caused the Stillers to punt. Instead, it leads to a FG.

I agree with you there he was barely short and that was a bad call...But the bottom line is in this game the Steelers defense made the plays at the end of the game when they had too and the Ravens defense in the end didnt...The Ravens defense had a short field virtually everytime they had the ball and they couldnt do anything against our D...The Steelers offense isnt great, but I knew the Ravens offense would not win this game unless their defense helped them set up scores a bunch of times...Their offense is completely anemic and Flacco couldnt do anything against this defense much like I knew he wouldnt...

I think had they ruled that on the field, there wouldn't be so much discussion about it Nationally, but they called that it was a TD because he had two feet down in the end-zone (which by rule, is not a TD).

The Steelers need help to win again. I hope it is all bad karma and catches up to them in round one.

The ball broke the plane guys that's all it has to do and it barely did it end of discussion...And who is to say even if they dont call it a TD the Steelers dont sneak it in on 4th down from the 1 inch line and win the game anyway...You just cant assume the Ravens are going to stop the Steelers on 4th and inches even though our goaline offense has been horrible. You just dont know because it never came down to that play...The Steelers also might have kicked and played for OT and like the next play on 4th down who knows what would happened in overtime had it gone to that...The bottom line is the Ravens defense shit the bed in this game in the last 3 minutes by letting the Steelers shitty offense drive on them 92 yards in their own house. They xxxxing gagged it...

The ball broke the plane guys that's all it has to do and it barely did it end of discussion...And who is to say even if they dont call it a TD the Steelers dont sneak it in on 4th down from the 1 inch line and win the game anyway...You just cant assume the Ravens are going to stop the Steelers on 4th and inches even though our goaline offense has been horrible. You just dont know because it never came down to that play...The Steelers also might have kicked and played for OT and like the next play on 4th down who knows what would happened in overtime had it gone to that...The bottom line is the Ravens defense shit the bed in this game in the last 3 minutes by letting the Steelers shitty offense drive on them 92 yards in their own house. They xxxxing gagged it...

He did not have pocession of the ball at the point you could even say that the ball broke the plane by a hairs breadth. It was not a touchdown and the ref calling it one because 2 feet was in the end zone shows that he was streaching and searching to call it a touchdown. Are you trying to tell me an NFL Official doesnt know at what point a touchdown occurs? Anybody that watchs football knows the ball has to cross the plane. Also that first review was unfreaking real to call that a first down and I saw atleast 2 plays that the ball was snapped late and should have been a delay of game, that was never called. That ref crew was bought and paid for, there is no doubt in my mind. Just like the steelers last suberbowl win.

There are refs bought and paid for in the NFL and if you dont believe that then you dont watch the games on sunday, the calls these guys make are insane and if you dont think bookies and people making large bets are paying these guys off you are insane. And if a team, coach or player complains about bad calls the NFL fines them!!!!

It is a rigged system made to rake in the dough, and that is what they do.

He did not have pocession of the ball at the point you could even say that the ball broke the plane by a hairs breadth. It was not a touchdown and the ref calling it one because 2 feet was in the end zone shows that he was streaching and searching to call it a touchdown. Are you trying to tell me an NFL Official doesnt know at what point a touchdown occurs? Anybody that watchs football knows the ball has to cross the plane. Also that first review was unfreaking real to call that a first down and I saw atleast 2 plays that the ball was snapped late and should have been a delay of game, that was never called. That ref crew was bought and paid for, there is no doubt in my mind. Just like the steelers last suberbowl win.

There are refs bought and paid for in the NFL and if you dont believe that then you dont watch the games on sunday, the calls these guys make are insane and if you dont think bookies and people making large bets are paying these guys off you are insane. And if a team, coach or player complains about bad calls the NFL fines them!!!!

It is a rigged system made to rake in the dough, and that is what they do.

If you watched Holmes he clearly had both feet in the endzone and control of the ball when he caught it but the main key was that as soon as he caught he kept it close and was able to have the nose of the football cross the plain. Just barely but it was in fact a TD.

The Ravens will cry foul and whine like they always do but that's who they are. A bunch of talkers who whine about everything.

If you watched Holmes he clearly had both feet in the endzone and control of the ball when he caught it but the main key was that as soon as he caught he kept it close and was able to have the nose of the football cross the plain. Just barely but it was in fact a TD.

The Ravens will cry foul and whine like they always do but that's who they are. A bunch of talkers who whine about everything.

You must have not watched the replay because the ball did not cross the plane at the time of possesion, you being a fan of the steelers is clouding your judgement if you believe that. The ref never even stated the ball crossed the plain making it a touchdown, he STATED "At time of pocession the player had two feet in the end zone" which is NOT a touchdown. The refs were bought and paid for just like in your last superbowl win. You ask anybody not a steeler fan to watch that game and I guarentee they will call it a rigged game. I watched with my own eyes two different plays that a delay of game was not called. How can the Refs get something that simple wrong?

You must have not watched the replay because the ball did not cross the plane at the time of possesion, you being a fan of the steelers is clouding your judgement if you believe that. The ref never even stated the ball crossed the plain making it a touchdown, he STATED "At time of pocession the player had two feet in the end zone" which is NOT a touchdown. The refs were bought and paid for just like in your last superbowl win. You ask anybody not a steeler fan to watch that game and I guarentee they will call it a rigged game. I watched with my own eyes two different plays that a delay of game was not called. How can the Refs get something that simple wrong?

Like I said even if it's not a touchdown who is to say the Steelers dont get it in from the one inch line on 4th down and win the game right there?? If you're going to sit here and tell me the Ravens would have stopped them, I could just as easily said the Steelers would have scored and won the game...How about giving the Steelers offense some credit for going 92 yards at the end of the game and saying what a great drive that was instead of crying and whining about the xxxxing refs...As for the Super Bowl I didnt know the refs told Josh Brown to miss 2 fgs, and for the Seahawks clock management in that game to be horrific, and for Jeremy Stevens to drop 4 big passes that would have been first downs. I also didnt know the refs told the Seattle D to let Willie Parker run a 75 yard td, and for Randle El to throw a 43 yard td pass to Hines Ward late in the 4th quarter to seal the game Also, the refs had a lot to do with letting Ben make a play to Hines Ward before halftime on 3rd and 28 after the Steelers got 2 penalties that would set up the first TD of the game...Did the refs set up those plays in the Super Bowl and rig that as well douchebag??

Could the favorable officiating towards Pittshole be ANY more obvious?

DWJ

Here ya go again with the bitchy whiny candy azz sissified crybaby...obsession with the Steelers ! Freaking loser that You are ! "waa... waaa The Refs Cheat for Pittsburgh "...so Retarded. EVERY Game is seen by everyone under the sun. No cheating involved. Just humans making calls. If you get a break kool... If not ( Like the Polomalu "Fumble" ..against INDY in the Playoffs a couple yrs ago) Get up and make you own breaks ! What a sorry loser mentality you have dude !

Here ya go again with the bitchy whiny candy azz sissified crybaby...obsession with the Steelers ! Freaking loser that You are ! "waa... waaa The Refs Cheat for Pittsburgh "...so Retarded. EVERY Game is seen by everyone under the sun. No cheating involved. Just humans making calls. If you get a break kool... If not ( Like the Polomalu "Fumble" ..against INDY in the Playoffs a couple yrs ago) Get up and make you own breaks ! What a sorry loser mentality you have dude !

What do you expect they are xxxxing Browns fans who are getting ready for their worthless game tomorrow night with Philly with Ken Dorsey as their starting QB. I mean if you were in that situation you too probably would be obsessed with the Steelers as well because the Browns team isnt even on the radar screen at this point.

Anteater you the biggest Puzzy I have ever seen in my life. Just how many Butt kickings did you receive as a Kid ??? Quit being obsessed with us. I didnt hear you dumb arse`s whining about the "Refs" cheating when we got rung up for 13 Penalties a few games ago in OUR House as the Visitors had all of TWO Flags the whole game. Ridiculous !! You guys are sad and so weighed down by a loser mentality it is pathetic !

What do you expect they are xxxxing Browns fans who are getting ready for their worthless game tomorrow night with Philly with Ken Dorsey as their starting QB. I mean if you were in that situation you too probably would be obsessed with the Steelers as well because the Browns team isnt even on the radar screen at this point.

It is pathetic !! Then they will cry "Its OUR Board ...if you dont like it Go away " lol... IF they weren't obsessed with us WE wouldnt have to comment and Laugh at theier sorry butts !!

It is pathetic !! Then they will cry "Its OUR Board ...if you dont like it Go away " lol... IF they weren't obsessed with us WE wouldnt have to comment and Laugh at theier sorry butts !!

They should be happy the Steelers won you would think because isnt Baltimore the team that took the Browns franchise away from them in Cleveland the first time in 1996 which later went on to win the Super Bowl 4 years later in 2000. You would think the Stains fans would be thanking the Steelers for causing Art Modell and his team more misery but I guess when it all comes down to it like you said they're still obsessed with the Steelers. It's a sad sad state of affairs lol...

The Rooney family's gambling operation. The family owns racetracks in New York and Florida, and the team said "these facilities have added forms of gaming that are inconsistent with NFL gambling policy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Rooney

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jul 8, 2008 ... Their father, Art Rooney Sr., was heavily involved in gambling and, according to legend, bought the Steelers in 1933 with $2500 in racetrack ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3477065

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rooney family is in violation of at least two NFL rules:

• The league stipulates one person must own 30 percent of the team's stock.

The Rooney family owns about 80 percent of the team but it is evenly divided among the brothers.

• The league does not permit ownership to be involved in gambling operations, whether government sanctioned or not.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08191/895738-194.stm

steelerssuckcomsuperbowlxlrefs.jpg

Holmes/Ward its the Old "Green Eyed Monster"... 50 yrs of Falling Short or Falling Down ( and I Cant get up) will do that to you. Grasping for Straws ! So in a Game where WE had a TD called back by Penalty ..the Zebras were Cheating FOR us as well ??? LOL Where is the logic there ?

Guest ATENEARS

LOL ... keep justifying your presence here.

The Rooney family's gambling operation. The family owns racetracks in New York and Florida, and the team said "these facilities have added forms of gaming that are inconsistent with NFL gambling policy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Rooney

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jul 8, 2008 ... Their father, Art Rooney Sr., was heavily involved in gambling and, according to legend, bought the Steelers in 1933 with $2500 in racetrack ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3477065

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rooney family is in violation of at least two NFL rules:

• The league stipulates one person must own 30 percent of the team's stock.

The Rooney family owns about 80 percent of the team but it is evenly divided among the brothers.

• The league does not permit ownership to be involved in gambling operations, whether government sanctioned or not.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08191/895738-194.stm

steelerssuckcomsuperbowlxlrefs.jpg

"Waaaaaa....Mommy !!! Help me.... I am Obsessed with the Steelers and the Beat my tail Every time I see them !!! Waaaaaaa !"

Archived