THE BROWNS BOARD

Officials & Squeelers

Furnier

Quit typing like a Ghetto-Tard. Trust me it isn't impressing ANYONE.

Isn't it funny how these officials suddenly turn into Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller when they're assigned to a Squealer game? This kind of thing happens WAY too often in Pittshole's favor for it to be a coincidence.

Face it, your team reeks of taint.

Doug

Yes Furnace-man I am here to "Impress" You half bred losers. And You are an English 101 professor now ...wow. I AM Impressed. Or more likely shocked that a Professor is as ignorant as yourself. Get over yourself. You don't come across as the LEAST bit intelligent. And If I wish to Use caps and abbreviations , and fragmented sentences in a "Message Board Post" , I will. Also ,I fail to be injured by your half wit response.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course it did, but that's not the point is it? No, it isn't about what really happened, or the purity of the game being ruined, or the integrity of the refs, or whatever else the haters want to try and sound all self-righteous about. It's all about the fact that something supposedly went the Steelers' way, so time to squeal and whine and jump around all mad ' stuff! I guarantee you this goes the other way and everyone here's all gloating and happy and telling Steeler fans to stop crying about refs like losers. Hilarious.

It's not us that are trying to find explainations of the call, it's pretty cut and dry. The only reason this topic is going is because you guys can't admit that the call shouldn't have been overturned. You are either wearing Steeler glasses or well... not very football smart. (thats different than being Steeler smart, which i'm sure you are)

Really? That's what it's about... admit something? Well funny, I don't remember anyone here starting a thread to "admit" something was wrong when the Steelers got jobbed against Jacksonville in the playoffs last year. You remember, when the NFL came out and admitted later that it SHOULD have been a holding call, on Garrard's "winning" run that set up Jax's "winning" field goal. Where were all the "this is an outrage!" threads then? Hmmmm.

And besides, there is nothing to admit here -- the replay guys saw the ball break the plane with the high-quality equipment. Haven't you heard? The only glasses being worn here are all Brown. No wonder you can't see.

Well N/M then, I didn't know they were using high quality equipment, I assumed they were using their eyes just like the rest of the sports world.

Yeah, and if you do a little digging you'll find out, as Peter King said today on si.com:

So first off, this guy wasn't exactly in the ideal position to see what happened, let alone make the call now, was he? That's why you have the booth with the hi-def stuff in the first place. And that's why they had so little problem reversing.

But hey, even if you still don't want to accept it, please, spare us the "conspiracy to favor the Steelers" tin-foil hat crap, which is just a way to diminish the Steelers' accomplishments and make yourself feel all better when they win. Believe me, this game doesn't even compare to the PLAYOFF the Steelers got jobbed in last January. Which as I said the NFL even admitted was a hold that should've been made. Kinda puts a little damper on that conspiracy theory huh?

You are missing the point, if it would have been called a TD on the field no one here would disagree that it should stand. It just should not have been overturned either way. Oh, and stop whining about past games where you got screwed, think the Browns and every other team in the NFL don't have those same games? I'm sure there are Seahawk fans that remember the worst officiated Superbowl in history. I don't believe there is a conspiriacy, I think Coleman is a joke. I can't believe how often refs don't know the rules or have to huddle and see if anyone knows whats the correct call, I think Coleman even text messaged Donovan Mcnabb to see if he could help.

This "frontrunner" stuff is funny. As if Steeler fans have any other choice. When's the last time the had a bad team to root for????

Of course they're fans of a frontrunning team... the Steelers are always in front. Even when they finish 2nd ('05) another team hangs a "AFC North" banner and the Steelers bring home the real hardware.

Calling us "frontrunning" fans is like saying you guys root for a team that sucks. Of course you do--you always have. Good on you for that, but it ain't like we've got much choice... to root for the Steelers is to root for a winner.

Pops

Last time I am posting on this subject, it is pointless to agrue with a bunch of nitwits, that was not a TD, it was called on the 1 inch line and was over turned with inconclusive evidence. The ref overturned it because two feet being in the endzone not the ball crossing the plane. Go back to page 1 of this thread, a touch down occurs when the ball crosses the plain. Steelers had 2 key reviews go there way that were incorrect calls and obvisouly so. I saw personally two delay of games on the steelers not called, and with that defensive of a game those non calls mattered. Those refs were bought and paid for, end of story.

Well your Obviously wrong there Einstein , Because "Upon Further Review" We WIN ! And Still I have no response from your opinion as to how Officials "Cheat" for the Steelers ,yet Call a Steeler TD back on a "Holding Call" in the same game.... Hmm... Logic rules. Calls are made both good and bad during games. This game we had the Same amount of penalties, but Pitt. had 8 more yards in infractions. Absolutely NO Sign of an Agenda. Add to that , Pitt. LOSSES A TD over a Flag ... and you idiots have No ground to stand on. So keep sounding Jealous and stupid... Its just Par for the course in the "Mistake by the Lake". Loser Mentality rules.

Yeah, and if you do a little digging you'll find out, as Peter King said today on si.com:

So first off, this guy wasn't exactly in the ideal position to see what happened, let alone make the call now, was he? That's why you have the booth with the hi-def stuff in the first place. And that's why they had so little problem reversing.

But hey, even if you still don't want to accept it, please, spare us the "conspiracy to favor the Steelers" tin-foil hat crap, which is just a way to diminish the Steelers' accomplishments and make yourself feel all better when they win. Believe me, this game doesn't even compare to the PLAYOFF the Steelers got jobbed in last January. Which as I said the NFL even admitted was a hold that should've been made. Kinda puts a little damper on that conspiracy theory huh?

The only NFL "Conspiracy" Theory I know of is the Conspiracy to HATE Pittsburgh by a bunch of Petty , spineless whiny Bitchie Fans in NE Ohio...who have to , yes , suffer more than any fan should have to suffer. But ,have used that bitterness to use ungodly amounts of energy to Dispel the Success of their main rival , instead of ignoring us and concentrating on their own damn team ! I mean ...if we have idiot factions of fans rubbing salt into your wounds IGNORE Them. The remainder of us , wont pick on you , until you decide to use asinine logic to claim WE Suck and are coddled and have to "Cheat" to win...its BS and make your fan base look like Dumb asses ! But if that's what you are half-breed Imbeciles...by all means Continue. We will be here to tell you that you are indeed Stupid. And its not all of you . You have some fine football minds. Some smart logical fans who understand that Pittsburgh was built to last , the team will have ups and downs , but will be competitive on a high level most of the time.

This "frontrunner" stuff is funny. As if Steeler fans have any other choice. When's the last time the had a bad team to root for????

Of course they're fans of a frontrunning team... the Steelers are always in front. Even when they finish 2nd ('05) another team hangs a "AFC North" banner and the Steelers bring home the real hardware.

Calling us "frontrunning" fans is like saying you guys root for a team that sucks. Of course you do--you always have. Good on you for that, but it ain't like we've got much choice... to root for the Steelers is to root for a winner.

Pops

Your stupidity is legendary. The true Steeler fans are not frontrunners. The ones that are Steeler fans win or lose -- not frontrunners. But frontrunner nation, those in Ohio, those in the rest of the country, that NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN STEELER FANS IF THEY HADN'T WON SO MUCH are the frontrunners. Generation X and Generation Y, a HUGE fraction of those two groups, grew up hopping on the Steelers SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WERE WINNING.

When we say frontrunners, we're NOT talking about the true fans -- the ones actually FROM Pittsburgh or close to it.

All you have to do is look around Ohio or anywhere else in the country. What explains why there are so many "fans" wearing Steeler parafanalia, but not, say, Arizona Cardinals? It's the DIRECT effect of win percentage. Period. There is no other explanation. Most of them, like I said earlier, are from either Generation X or Generation Y and were either molded into fanhood during the 70's Steeler age or the Cowher Era (who had the best win % in the NFL for 15 years.)

How you could not understand the difference and how legit of a claim it is is evidence that some humans are not quite evolved yet. It is not hard to understand. The same damn thing can be seen with people wearing New York Yankees gear across the nation. It's not rocket science.

The Steeler fan base is arguably the largest concentration of frontrunners in Sports history. It's simple logic. I know it hurts, especially for die-hard Steeler fans to have to try and distinguish themselves from the heard of frontrunners, but it's the truth. Accept it, get used to it. Win percentage creates it. Jesus Christ.

Just look at any other team in any other sport that has a great historical win % and you'll see the same thing. Cowboys? Yep. Yankees? Yep. Red Sox recently? Yep. Bulls from the 90s? Yep. Celtics? Yep. Lakers? Yep.

But none worse or more abundant than the frontrunner Steeler "fan" base.

Which leads you to understand why, far and away, the Browns fan base is the best. You won't find a team that continually loses fill up their stadium anything like the Browns. You won't find a team with "backers" clubs all around the world despite constantly losing like the Browns. The Browns fan base is an unexplainable phenom and goes against all logic.

The absolute best.

Archived