THE BROWNS BOARD

DA on NFL's All-Overpaid team

OconRecon

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?conte...p;photo=8919664

Quarterback: Derek Anderson, Browns

If the Browns part ways with general manager Phil Savage, his handling of Cleveland's quarterback situation will be a contributing factor. Anderson entered the off season as a restricted free agent with considerable trade value following a 29-touchdown effort in 2007. Savage instead decided to keep Brady Quinn on the bench and re-sign Anderson to a three-year contract extension that paid him $8 million for this season. Big, big mistake. Anderson had completed just 50.2 percent of his passes and lost his starting job to Quinn before landing on injured reserve with a knee injury. The Browns are expected to trade Anderson during the off-season but won't receive anywhere near the same compensation were he dealt earlier. -- Alex Marvez

I'm not sure DA deserves to top the list, but most agree this decision didn't work out.

The most troubling part of this story is headlines like this further decrease his marketability.

I'm not sure DA deserves to top the list, but most agree this decision didn't work out.

The most troubling part of this story is headlines like this further decrease his marketability.

I remember somewhere saying this would happen...Many of us felt DA was Cacca with a golden arm...And that still holds true...

Fox News just come to this realization - what took THEM so long - or are they just so bored and lacking subject matter that they decided to spend some time looking at one of the NFL's most disgusting franchises in 2008 ?

I suppose someone had to write it, but nothing earth shattering. Cleveland will be lucky to get back on Sunday or Monday night Football again within the next decade. Great management and coaching decision making. This season is just too damn frustrating to pay attention to anymore ... again.

Brady Quinn's debut was the best in Browns' history (pass rating over 100) against a playoff team (Broncos).

Quinn had TD passes on two of his first four drives.

It took the NFL all of one half to figure out his limitations.

Now Quinn is on a streak of 25 offensive possessions without a TD pass.

Meh.

Quinn is the starter and DA has gone back to pre-Browns NFL status.

I still wish him well. He seems like a good guy.

By the way, is Minnesota out as a landing spot for DA after yesterday's Viking game? TJ looking good enough to give him a strong look in the off season.

Meh.

Quinn is the starter and DA has gone back to pre-Browns NFL status.

I still wish him well. He seems like a good guy.

By the way, is Minnesota out as a landing spot for DA after yesterday's Viking game? TJ looking good enough to give him a strong look in the off season.

With all seriousness, his name has come up in Seattle. I hope the new coach out there saw DA on one of his good days.

Would love to see him in Seattle. If I were him, that's exactly where I'd want to land.

I'd take a #2 from Seattle for him. That would be like a #1 since they will be drafting near the top. Maybe they will take Winslow and Shaffer also.

Whats even more interesting was I think Mike McCarthy was His (DA's) coach at Oregon and If He really felt DA was NFL Material dont You (Lummy Dummy) Think He wouldve gone out of his way to get Him instead of Aaron Rodgers?

Whats even more interesting was I think Mike McCarthy was His (DA's) coach at Oregon and If He really felt DA was NFL Material dont You (Lummy Dummy) Think He wouldve gone out of his way to get Him instead of Aaron Rodgers?

Absolutely not.

McCarthy and DA have it worked out where DA was going to throw in the towel this season so he could come to Green Bay so Lummy could be the official sideline crotch warmer.

Whats even more interesting was I think Mike McCarthy was His (DA's) coach at Oregon

Mike McCarthy?

Anderson didn't go to "Oregon" and McCarthy's last college job was at Pitt in 1992.

You may be confusing McCarthy with the O-coordinator for Wisconsin, Paul Chryst, who was at Oregon State under Dennis Erickson.

Archived