THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Last week The Great Zomboni gazed into his crystal ball and let the world know that the media darling Jets and Bengals would fall on their faces ... and it was so.

This week The Great One says to pay particular attention to the backup quarterbacks. It is a tale of two backups, the one that started last week for Pittsburgh and couldn't engineer a TD drive in four quarters, and then one that rises from the West ... and gets his first start as a Brown this Sunday ... Seneca Wallace.

The former Iowa St. Cyclone legend has a career passer rating of 83.1 and learned how to QB in the NFL in a winning, successful system in Seattle. But his mobility and athletic prowess may bring the Browns an even greater dimension as they unleash the WildDawg offense on a full-time basis this week against the Chiefs.

Yes, The Great Zomboni has spoken: Seneca Wallace will flourish, while Dennis Dicksin will continue to stumble.

Kansas City at Cleveland 1 PM

The Browns severly gashed the Chiefs defense with their running game when the two teams met late last season, and expect more of the same this week as Jerome Harrison rolls over 100 yards and Josh Cribbs takes an increased role in the offense. Seneca Wallace will play steady and the Browns pass rush will cause headaches for the immobile Matt Cassell. If the Browns can contain the Chiefs return teams they should roll easily. BROWNS 37 CHIEFS 13

Pittsburgh at Tennessee 1 PM

The Titans must have a friend at the NFL schedule-makers office becase they get to start the season with back-to-back patsies at home. After thrashing the Raiders last week, the Tits should have no problem bouncing the Steelers and Dennis Dickless this week. Vince Young and Chris Johnson will be their usual nightmare selves and the Tits D will smother the steeltown boys behind a suspect offensive line. TITANS 27 STEELERS 6

Baltimore at Cincinnati 1 PM

The Ravens should squeak out another win, but before anybody crowns their asses, I'd like to point out that both the Jets and Bengals were over-hyped in the off-season. The Ravens will come back to the pack, but not before frustrating the Bengals in their own home. The Ravens D looked anything but old last week and they've got enough offensive weapons now to actually pull out the win even if their defense gives up twenty. RAVENS 21 BENGALS 20

Zombo

You nailed it dead again this week Zippy, and should see your record improve to 7-0 on predictions to-date.

If the household term 'WILDDAWG OFFENSE' isn't spoken about in remote places such as pittsburgh suburbs who still live without electricity, than it will soon after this dismantling of the Chiefs.

"I guarantee it!"

www.TheWildDawg.com

The Browns severly gashed the Chiefs defense with their running game when the two teams met late last season, and expect more of the same this week as Jerome Harrison rolls over 100 yards and Josh Cribbs takes an increased role in the offense. Seneca Wallace will play steady and the Browns pass rush will cause headaches for the immobile Matt Cassell. If the Browns can contain the Chiefs return teams they should roll easily. BROWNS 37 CHIEFS 13

Muhahahahahaha hahaahahahahaha...thanks for giving me the laugh of the week zombo!

Dam i wish i could escape the reality of our true situation and be that optimistic...

KC 23

Brownies 6 (the same amount RAC will eat as a snack during the game)

Tits 17

Squeelers 13

Ratbirds 27

Bungles 10

A couple years ago, yinz were coming off of a 12-4 season with DA and draft Brady Quinn #1.

Did any of yinz ever think that a few short years later, Senaca Wallace would be your starting QB?

I know, yinz are all used to failure at this point, but look on the bright side - half the strippers in dirty, dirty Cleveland share the same stage name as your starting QB.

Regards...

... an'at

Last week The Great Zomboni gazed into his crystal ball and let the world know that the media darling Jets and Bengals would fall on their faces ... and it was so.

This week The Great One says to pay particular attention to the backup quarterbacks. It is a tale of two backups, the one that started last week for Pittsburgh and couldn't engineer a TD drive in four quarters, and then one that rises from the West ... and gets his first start as a Brown this Sunday ... Seneca Wallace.

The former Iowa St. Cyclone legend has a career passer rating of 83.1 and learned how to QB in the NFL in a winning, successful system in Seattle. But his mobility and athletic prowess may bring the Browns an even greater dimension as they unleash the WildDawg offense on a full-time basis this week against the Chiefs.

Yes, The Great Zomboni has spoken: Seneca Wallace will flourish, while Dennis Dicksin will continue to stumble.

The Titans must have a friend at the NFL schedule-makers office becase they get to start the season with back-to-back patsies at home. After thrashing the Raiders last week, the Tits should have no problem bouncing the Steelers and Dennis Dickless this week. Vince Young and Chris Johnson will be their usual nightmare selves and the Tits D will smother the steeltown boys behind a suspect offensive line. TITANS 27 STEELERS 6

The Ravens should squeak out another win, but before anybody crowns their asses, I'd like to point out that both the Jets and Bengals were over-hyped in the off-season. The Ravens will come back to the pack, but not before frustrating the Bengals in their own home. The Ravens D looked anything but old last week and they've got enough offensive weapons now to actually pull out the win even if their defense gives up twenty. RAVENS 21 BENGALS 20

Zombo

As you know Z- I rarely make predictions. I'm going to predict a narrow Browns win- but be aware, "The Curse" will be in attendance, which shrinks the Browns odds to about 50-1 against.

The Squealers got no chance on the road.

And the Cincinnati Kitties are gonna get blown out by the Crows.

The bungals are posers

And mendandcrawl is going to get shutdown for the squeelers first but not last loss of the season

The ratturds are the team to beat in the AFCN..

The browns have a better team talent wise than many think but inevitable poor coaching decisions and predictable gameplans threaten to doom this team already...

I think the Ratbirds are overrated and the Bengals surprise people with a win. Bengals 28, Ratbirds 17

Browns squeak one out against KC, barely, big plays and Jamal Charles take it to us at home but a late PD field goal wins it. Browns 16, Chiefs 14

Steelers contain CJ and Vince Young crumbles. On the Road, Steelers 20 - Titans 10

Mikey pretty close on that last one (about as perfect a call as can be made)... and you called the Scumbags game too...if only you'd gone three for three

Zombo

is this Fiction or Non~Fiction :D ???

I think the Ratbirds are overrated and the Bengals surprise people with a win. Bengals 28, Ratbirds 17

Browns squeak one out against KC, barely, big plays and Jamal Charles take it to us at home but a late PD field goal wins it. Browns 16, Chiefs 14

Steelers contain CJ and Vince Young crumbles. On the Road, Steelers 20 - Titans 10

Wow impressive... ALMOST perfect. Narrow Browns loss NOT The end of your season. Thats just MHO !

Hey Zombo, hurry up and post your predictions for next week so we know which way NOT to bet.

I beat the spread on the Ravens/Bungle game, so I got half the division right. And I'm in first place in Pro Pick'em.

So it looks like the only thing I get wrong is the Steelers and Browns, if you do the opposite on those two and bet on the rest of my picks I'll make you rich.

Zombo

If all you care about is the spread, why do you write all the senseless drivel you do?

When did I say all I cared about was the spread? Didn't I answer these questions last week, or are you a new stalker?

Zombo

Your posts say it for you! Your description of the upcoming games in the AFCN have been 100% wrong, entertaining, but wrong. And then you come back and tell us how you did against the spread.

2-1-1 last week

2-2 this week picking the division.

17-11 Overall.

If you joined our Pro Pick'em then you are getting beat by me. If you posted your own picks, I didn't see them.

Zombo

Archived