THE BROWNS BOARD

Delhomme: High Ankle Sprain (speculated)

Zombo

Report: Delhomme could have high ankle sprain

Posted Sept. 21, 2010 @ 1:01 p.m. ET

By PFW staff

Browns QB Jake Delhomme could have a high ankle sprain, The Canton Repository reported Monday, with the paper suggesting QB Seneca Wallace could get another start on Sunday at Baltimore. The Repository suggested that Delhomme wearing a walking boot on his injured right ankle in the past week signals a high ankle sprain.

Of Delhomme, head coach Eric Mangini said Monday, "He's getting better, but in terms of his status, I'll have better information on Wednesday."

Wallace completed 16-of-31 passes for 229 yards with one TD and one interception in the 16-14 loss to the Chiefs on Sunday.

The way we see it

Delhomme played well in the preseason and was getting into a good rhythm in the opener at Tampa Bay before throwing an interception late in the first half. Until he's healthy, Wallace will get the call at quarterback. If Wallace is to make another start on Sunday, completing more passes to his wide receivers will likely be a must against a tough Baltimore defense. Wallace connected on 3-of-5 passes to Joshua Cribbs Sunday, which included a 65-yard TD, but he completed just one pass apiece to Brian Robiskie, Chansi Stuckey and Mohamed Massaquoi out of 12 total attempts.

No, our wr's have gotten open here and there, and Wallace didn't get the ball to them.

I'm disappointed in Seneca, he looked so hesitant at times, trying to figure out what to do.

The result was, late passes, out of bounds sideline passes, and the really, really uncalled for interception.

I hope he can just turn the light on vs the stupid, dirty, ugly cheapshotting ratibirds, and have a great game..

High ankle sprains are usually a month or longer. I imagine you'll being seeing Wallace for a while and why not? Delhomme was putrid in week one. Wallace at least has the athleticism to get outside the pocket and make plays on the move. Although your receivers are leaving a lot to be desired. I almost hate to say it because the guy drops a ton of balls but you're missing Braylon "gimme a DUI" Edwards and or Winslow who seems to be doing pretty well in Tampa. The Browns are going to have one hell of a time against the better defenses in the league.

High ankle sprains are usually a month or longer. I imagine you'll being seeing Wallace for a while and why not? Delhomme was putrid in week one. Wallace at least has the athleticism to get outside the pocket and make plays on the move. Although your receivers are leaving a lot to be desired. I almost hate to say it because the guy drops a ton of balls but you're missing Braylon "gimme a DUI" Edwards and or Winslow who seems to be doing pretty well in Tampa. The Browns are going to have one hell of a time against the better defenses in the league.

I know Wallace isn't great, but I think he should be the starter for the year, and why the hell not? What do we got to lose?

I know Wallace isn't great, but I think he should be the starter for the year, and why the hell not? What do we got to lose?

No more gunslinger sig? lol I would have deleted that thing a while ago. The only thing he's gun slinging is ducks off defender hands or wildly inaccurate tosses there for anyone with decent hands offense or otherwise. I would have started Wallace week one but I've been on the "Delhomme is garbage" bandwagon since before he wore the Brown and Orange. People just didn't want to believe it and I don't blame em. Slim pickings when it came time for the Browns to get a QB. I'm not sure why they waited until round 3 to grab one and even he might not hang around long. Soon enough people will be calling for McCoy and Browns fans everywhere will be suicidal. It's pretty sad all things considered. Couch could have been the answer but he was ruined by getting rushed under center by your former idiot Butch Davis. He had the tools to be good, instead he was thrown to the wolves and his career was shot.

Rinse and repeat. Looks like you'll be drafting a QB this year.

EDIT: Booo it's still there, must not have loaded all the way when I first clicked to quote. Get rid of that thing already.

No more gunslinger sig? lol I would have deleted that thing a while ago. The only thing he's gun slinging is ducks off defender hands or wildly inaccurate tosses there for anyone with decent hands offense or otherwise. I would have started Wallace week one but I've been on the "Delhomme is garbage" bandwagon since before he wore the Brown and Orange. People just didn't want to believe it and I don't blame em. Slim pickings when it came time for the Browns to get a QB. I'm not sure why they waited until round 3 to grab one and even he might not hang around long. Soon enough people will be calling for McCoy and Browns fans everywhere will be suicidal. It's pretty sad all things considered. Couch could have been the answer but he was ruined by getting rushed under center by your former idiot Butch Davis. He had the tools to be good, instead he was thrown to the wolves and his career was shot.

Rinse and repeat. Looks like you'll be drafting a QB this year.

EDIT: Booo it's still there, must not have loaded all the way when I first clicked to quote. Get rid of that thing already.

It's still a nice sig. I made it, you know... <_<

Wallace's mobility would be a huge help against the Ravens, Delhomme's a sitting duck at 100%. Your asking for trouble if he plays this week.

I think will take advantage of the Ravens aggressiveness on D with a big dose of the WildDawg/Cyclone package. This is the week we get that big win and turn the coner for good......14-2 baby :)

It's still a nice sig. I made it, you know... <_<

I would set it on fire if that were possible or at least change the moniker to something like "The noodler" because he noodle arms balls down field. "Go and get it boys! It's a wobbly one"

Wallace's mobility would be a huge help against the Ravens, Delhomme's a sitting duck at 100%. Your asking for trouble if he plays this week.

I think will take advantage of the Ravens aggressiveness on D with a big dose of the WildDawg/Cyclone package. This is the week we get that big win and turn the coner for good......14-2 baby :)

14-2? Try 6-10. Sorry, CLEVELandMILDH...

Archived