THE BROWNS BOARD

and you thought Tucker would be an upgrade

YtownBrownsBacker

What a joke Tucker is as a DC. He waits until the team drives 60 yards and then brings pressure inside the 20. How many times can you continue to rush 3 guys and let a QB pick you apart.

I would rather bring pressure on every down and maybe they beat me deep a few times, but that wouldn't be so disheartening.

This has to be the worst defensive scheme that I have seen from a Browns team and it isn't a complete lack of talent. I'd say a lot of it is the scheme they run. You'd think that after 14 games he might figure out that it isn't working.

The few times they brought pressure tonight they actually disrupted the plays, had a sack, and knocked McNabb down a few times.

God, please bring in a coach that will install an attacking defense.

They don't have the personnel to blitz. They have no inside linebacker that can blitz, as we found out tonight that D'Qwell absolutely blows at rushing the passer. McGinest can't get there like he used to and Wimbley is a one trick pony. Leon Williams may still have some potential rushing the passer.

I almost agree with a 3 man rush and dropping 8 because blitzing with this group is so damn ineffective. But I don't. I'd still rather live and die by the blitz couragiously than by the prevent cowardly.

Guest Aloysius

Yeah, I wouldn't bash the defense after tonight's performance. We still didn't get enough pressure, but there were a few sacks & guys deflecting passes, along with the picks.

And Leon Williams was out for the most of the second half, so that excluded what seemed to be a big part of our game plan in the first half.

Yeah, I wouldn't bash the defense after tonight's performance. We still didn't get enough pressure, but there were a few sacks & guys deflecting passes, along with the picks.

And Leon Williams was out for the most of the second half, so that excluded what seemed to be a big part of our game plan in the first half.

There may be a few players who are still trying....but not many. This whole team needs to be restructured...especially the coaching staff. Players tend to emulate the coaches. In my opinion, the coaches gave up early in the season. The defense has shown glimpses of hope. The offense......that is one sorry ass situation.

I agree on Tucker.

We got rid of Grantham because of friction between Grantham and Romeo....that usually happens when you realize you are working for a simpleton.

Too bad we didn't get rid of the simpleton.

They don't have the personnel to blitz. They have no inside linebacker that can blitz, as we found out tonight that D'Qwell absolutely blows at rushing the passer. McGinest can't get there like he used to and Wimbley is a one trick pony. Leon Williams may still have some potential rushing the passer.

I almost agree with a 3 man rush and dropping 8 because blitzing with this group is so damn ineffective. But I don't. I'd still rather live and die by the blitz couragiously than by the prevent cowardly.

I agree that our LBs are slow and actually suck, but the only time they stopped McNabb last night was when they applied pressure. They brought 5 a few times which means they can't double Rogers, so he gets push up the middle. Our best blitzing is when we bring a safety. Hall gets pressure when he rushes, but you never saw Hall and Wimbley both rush the passer at the same time all game.

Williams has shown that he can get pressure rushing from the edge, but they continue to play Davis who is too slow to drop into coverage and can't get off a block. He is just a complete waste.

Archived