THE BROWNS BOARD

Offense Struggles Without Quinn

Herman M

Since Quinn has been hurt we have not scored an offensive touchdown! DA tried and Failed, Dorsey is trying and so far has Failed. Jamal Lewis tippytoes and at his rate of production he might get his career 10,000 yards if they extend the season another 4 games, Lewis has Failed.

The biggest Failure is the NFL's biggest coach and that is Romeo, and he is a turd who has Failed.

Guest ATENEARS

Chud is the one who has failed. He did alright in last seasons surprise attack with Anderson taking over (and bailing EVERYONE out), but after adjustment were made forcing DA's weaknesses, Chud has been one big collective Dud ... including when Brady Quinn was in.

Who has Chud schemed for on this team that has made them better?

Chud was never an OC before coming here and frankly ought to just scratch that off his resume still to this date.

Get him the fook outta here ... Put down the etch-a-sketch note pad, grab hold of the QB Coach's hand, and just leave.

Chud is the one who has failed. He did alright in last seasons surprise attack with Anderson taking over (and bailing EVERYONE out), but after adjustment were made forcing DA's weaknesses, Chud has been one big collective Dud ... including when Brady Quinn was in.

Chud was never an OC before coming here and frankly ought to just scratch that off his resume still to this date.

Get him the fook outta here ... Put down the etch-a-sketch note pad, grab hold of the QB Coach's hand, and just leave.

etch and sketch is funny, i thought maybe he copied all the plays from madden 98 :lol:

I just want to know where are the people are that said Dorsey could have won in this cockpit last year and the ones that said that the Browns best chance to win was to put Dorsey in at QB.

I don't understand how you can even compare the two situations considering how this team plays NOTHING like they did last year.

I just want to know where are the people are that said Dorsey could have won in this cockpit last year and the ones that said that the Browns best chance to win was to put Dorsey in at QB.

What cockpit are you talking about?

The one with JL running for 4.5/yc, with BE catching everything in his general area, with K2 healthy and having a pro bowl season, with JT playing like the rookie of the year, with JJ available whenever we needed a 1st down?

Or the one we have now with JT struggling, JJ out, K2 out, BE still getting his head straight, JL averaging 2 y/c....and Stallworth acting like a total puss.

The one with JL running for 4.5/yc, with BE catching everything in his general area, with K2 healthy and having a pro bowl season, with JT playing like the rookie of the year, with JJ available whenever we needed a 1st down?

Or the one we have now with JT struggling, JJ out, K2 out, BE still getting his head straight, JL averaging 2 y/c....and Stallworth acting like a total puss.

Don't forget WPB that you are the one who claimed that the Browns offensive line was the #1 offensive line in the NFL.

You nailed the point, these guys haven't forgot how to play football (except Edwards). The coaching staff has sucked big time. I don't think the team needs blown up, I think the coaching staff needs blown up. The blocking schemes for the runs suck. It is pure zone blocking and the other teams are overloading the box. Thomas hasn't forgotten how to block.

Philly was showing a 7 man front and we have 5 blockers and our QB takes a 7 step drop. Now that is great coaching.

or

We bring our TE in motion and stop him at the hole and run right at his back with the full back running into him. Have you seen a hole lately for Lewis. Have you seen any trapping or guards pulling. The blocking schemes suck as bad as Edwards's hands. I saw one play last night where Thomas had a DE lined up on his right shoulder and a LB on his left shoulder and a safety behind the LB and they had the TE on the other side to help Shaffer and sent the back in motion. The QB didn't change the play and still took a 5 step drop and looked downfield. So, I guess Thomas is struggling.

I believe RAC, Chud and Tucker are the ones struggling. If we had Suggs instead of Edwards, Tucker and RAC would probably drop him into coverage too.

Blow up the coaching staff and let them take some of their has been buddies with them..

Guest Masters

Actually, Chud was an OC for the Miami Hurricanes prior to going to SD.

I believe the hands are still tied by RAC and his play not to lose mentality. I was fine with it the first 2 years while this team was building, but that time is over.

That is a nice picture. Though maybe a train wreak would also be appropriate.

This is basically the same team as last year except this year it has many injuries. This shows that though the Browns might have some talent that they have no depth. I think that is more of a problem than anything. The team needs more depth period. This team has good potential starting but does not have anybody behind them.

As far as Chud goes, you really think that Rac told chud to stop calling plays that work? The reality is that Chud did a great job in the first half of last year (much like the Browns offense did) and has not done much since (much like the Browns offense). He made poor adjustment to what teams came up with to stop the offense. Though I really think that if BE showed up in 2008 like he did in 2007 that this would have been an entirely different season.

The coaches must go I agree. DA must be traded. And although many felt this was a top 5 line in the NFL the OL needs to be improved. Maybe one of the reasons that JT is getting run over more is because like many have said they are stacking his side. Why are they stacking his side and why are the Browns not adjusting to this?

You can say simply that the coaches all suck and can not adjust to the most minor issue changes. Or you can say that the truth is that you have a better shot of JT blocking 2 or 3 people than you do that the right side of the line can block anybody without a TE and RB in there blocking? Plus, generally speaking in this offense does the TE not got out as a receiver most of the time and the Rb go out for dump offs?

If this is the case then does the defense generally only rush 4 or 5 guys? The OL needs more depth plan and simple.

To say that this offense has struggled without BQ is saying that it did not struggle with BQ. It did. The offense played ONE good game with BQ at the helm against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. That is not a knock on BQ it is a knock on the offense. The OL play got TWO QBS injured in 2 1/2 weeks.

The OL needs more depth period. Of course the offense has struggled since BQ went out. DA played one of the top defenses in the NFL and then got hurt and Dorsey just plain sucks.

As far as what I was talking about with where are the Dorsey could do this good statements is simple. Does anybody out there really think that Dorsey could have done what DA did last year or even what DA and BQ have done this year? It is not defending DA it is simply saying that Dorsey could not have done it. That is not a big endorsement of anything, I just seem to recall flugs saying that Dorsey could have done what DA did last year and I know I saw at least 3 or 4 posters saying to put Dorsey in because he could not do worse. He can and has.

Archived