THE BROWNS BOARD

Edwards wants out of Cleveland?

OconRecon

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-1-32...Cleveland-.html

Edwards wants out of Cleveland?

PHILADELPHIA -- You kind of saw this one coming.

With the Cleveland Browns struggling mightily and Braylon Edwards in the midst of a rough season, the star receiver finally let his emotions flow following their 30-10 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Edwards had one of his better games this year with five catches for 102 yards, but he was not in a good mood after team failed to score an offensive touchdown for the fourth straight game.

Apparently Edwards has been upset with trade rumors and also had some choice words for the fans and media, who have been on him this season for his inconsistency and leading the NFL in dropped passes.

"I do want to be here next year and everyone wants it to be a perfect situation, but that does not always happen," Edwards said. "I just have to do what is asked of me no matter where I end up playing. I have realized since being in Cleveland that the organization appreciates me but not the fans and the media. Since day one I have been a marked man."

Add Edwards to the growing list of unhappy players in Cleveland.

I love these super stars that throw their teams and fans under the bus when they screw up. Maybe the season wouldn't have been so bad if he could catch the ball.

I sure remember the smile on his face when he got that big bonus and contract right after he was drafted.

He can hit the road for all I care. I'll take a guy like Lee Evans any day over this clown.

Guest 88fingerslewy
Maybe if you didn't drop 20 passes things would be different.
Exactly, does he think he'd get booed if he CAUGHT those 20 passes. Fans and media my ass.

Why are WRs such ass****s. And very high paid a**holes at that.

It's always someone elses fault. There happy when their the center of attraction, but they have to be the center of attraction or they cry. What has Edwards done this year to give him the right to say say anything but, "I'm sorry, I let my team down". Instead he want out of Cleveland............................Don't let the door hit you in the ass and leave the bonus that has been prorated over the life of your contract.

I'd ship his ass to Detriot and see how happy he'd be.

Apparently Edwards has been upset with trade rumors and also had some choice words for the fans and media, who have been on him this season for his inconsistency and leading the NFL in dropped passes.

"I do want to be here next year and everyone wants it to be a perfect situation, but that does not always happen," Edwards said. "I just have to do what is asked of me no matter where I end up playing. I have realized since being in Cleveland that the organization appreciates me but not the fans and the media. Since day one I have been a marked man."

Am I missing something here?

He said "I DO want to be here....but that does not always happen"

In the context of being unhappy about TRADE RUMORS.

As for the fans and media comment...so what. He still said he WANTS TO BE HERE. He has NEVER asked for a trade (like K2 did, before he wanted to be here).

And to be honest...he was marked here pretty good by the fans (comments about typical Michigan WR come to mind) and the media (pretty brutal EXCEPT for last year)....

I'm sorry, from the little blurb that Walker posted it sounds more like he wants to stay but thinks he is going to get shipped off.

But hey, maybe I'm missing something.

Wow ok i and most fans i know were real high on BE until this year imho the guy is screwed up mentally and has a bad attitude he cost the browns plenty this year with his lil game of dropsy he cant blame us that he sucks he cant leave cleveland soon enough he isnt made of what it takes to consistantly win or to last in the nfl..

Am I missing something here?

He said "I DO want to be here....but that does not always happen"

In the context of being unhappy about TRADE RUMORS.

As for the fans and media comment...so what. He still said he WANTS TO BE HERE. He has NEVER asked for a trade (like K2 did, before he wanted to be here).

And to be honest...he was marked here pretty good by the fans (comments about typical Michigan WR come to mind) and the media (pretty brutal EXCEPT for last year)....

I'm sorry, from the little blurb that Walker posted it sounds more like he wants to stay but thinks he is going to get shipped off.

But hey, maybe I'm missing something.

The title of his article would imply the quote is disingenuous? Maybe BE's sentiment was "I wan't to be here, but nobody else wants me here, and they haven't since draft day when I become a marked man, so if I play somewhere else, so be it".

It does make you wonder if this writer was present to judge the tone in BE's voice and see his body language.

I think Braylon is becoming borderline depressed about his season. His body language indicated that last night, too. He's depressed that he dropped so many balls, he's depressed that the fans booed him for it, he's depressed about the trade rumors, and he's depressed that the Browns are 4-10. He's in a bad place right now, I saw that in his eye last night.

A new coach and a new training camp and he'll be fine.

The title of his article would imply the quote is disingenuous? Maybe BE's sentiment was "I wan't to be here, but nobody else wants me here, and they haven't since draft day when I become a marked man, so if I play somewhere else, so be it".

It does make you wonder if this writer was present to judge the tone in BE's voice and see his body language.

I agree, however the problem I got with him saying anything is he has an ok game not a great game but an ok game and he feels justified to open his mouth. This season and what's happening is not all about him. Granted he has been a large part of their failure. Doesn't he lead the NFL in dropped passes? I for one do not want to see him go but instead of throwing a pity party for himself he needs to suck it up. Right now I do not know of many teams willing to bring in the leagues leading pass dropper. The only 2 players who should be able to say anything is Cribbs and Dawson. The fans are pissed!!!! We all are so freaking tired of being one rung above Detroit as the leagues laughing stock. If we are going to win and I mean win right now I hate to say it but we need Bill the Chin. He is the only coach who can come into the system and personnel that we have in place, in the AFC north and be successful. I can't stand to go through a whole dismantling of the team again. No more new systems. Do not bring in Marty or another unproven coordinator go get Bill no matter what the cost. DO IT RIGHT NOW!!! GET NEXT SEASON STARTED THE DAY THIS ONE IS OVER!!! No more building years. We have talent. We need a coach who inspires the players to play smash mouth football, AFC North football. If we want to improve the outlook for the players then we have to bring in a confidence builder. The players know Cowher can win in the AFC north he knows the teams and if we want to beat the Steelers who better to direct that than the man who coached them for years. Here is what will happen next year if a new coach with an unproven new system comes in... Brady will become the biggest bust in Cleveland since Tim Couch, we will have a guaranteed losing season, and Phil Savage will lose his job. IF YOU WANT THE FANS TO BELIEVE GIVE US A REASON...GIVE US A COACH THAT WE HAVE CONFIDENCE IN. I WANT A WINNING TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

He is far from alone, at least give him credit for having the "sack" to say it. Perhaps trying to motivate the Front office to make better thought out moves. Hes a potentially geat player... surrounded by a totally dysfunctional organization. Yes he needs to step up and make the plays...but his biggest issue is LOSING. It makes you say things you might normally choke down. I would take him in Pittsburgh.

Media - at least during last night's game, after he caught the ball a few times, the announcers did say 'he caught that one'. At one time they said nothing more, as if to infer everyone knows Braylon's story. Not sure on him, whether he needs to go or stay, but if he wants to do air guitar every time he gets into the endzone, maybe showing some class will get some respect from the fans ???

I sure liked him last year, but did'nt when he was going after Frye (like a TO wannabe) a few seasons ago. If he'd get his head straight, would like to see him stay and ressurect his value, but if he acts like he's due somethjing he's not, good luck in your new future pal.

Like many have said, a new coach with discipline would either make or break him. The good news is the 'make' results can be a great receiver.

Media - at least during last night's game, after he caught the ball a few times, the announcers did say 'he caught that one'. At one time they said nothing more, as if to infer everyone knows Braylon's story.

Those were national announcers that said that. His comment implies that the local media is on him. i don't hear or read the local media ragging on him.

Those were national announcers that said that. His comment implies that the local media is on him. i don't hear or read the local media ragging on him.

For all his complaining, I'd still rather have BE than Donte (the Invisible Man) Stallworth.

Guest Ghoolie
He'll change his mind once RAC is fired, Cowher is hired.......and Anderson is traded.

Why post asinine fantasy? Cowher isn't coming to Cleveland. Do you REALLY think Cowher would let a CNUT like Phil Savage control the outcome of his success?

Until Phil Sewage is fired, aint shit happening.

Lets see how he feels in 30 days.

This is a cry out for change within the whole organization, there are players who strive for excellence and then there are those who are just happy to be there.

If Lerner wants to kep the good ones he must hire excellent Coaches and an Excellent GM.

Otherwise it is all a wash.

Guest ATENEARS

Why talk about anything other than being a Cleveland Browns?

Is he a Cleveland Brown or not?

Anyone that draws attention to themselves as a victim after the piss-poor execution he put forth this season is a (Michigan) asshole. If you want to be a Cleveland Brown then strap it on, if you are wishy-washy about wanting to be here, then get the fook out.

I could give two-shits about Edwards ... he's a one year wonder. He's our best receiver, but we suck (insert golf clap).

What I feel about receivers that want to get treated like a Jerry Rice is they're NOT a Jerry Rice if they're dropping passes.

You want to run your mouth, bring your A game and step up to the plate.

Catch the DAMN BALL, work hard in the offseason and get it together.

If you don't want to work to be a star, don't expect to be treated like one.

If you're going to half ass it get thicker skin and stop crying you're getting booed for underperforming.

You're NOT a marked man because you came from that team up North OSU has wiped its ass with every season since Jim took over. You're a marked man because you decided to lead the league in drops.

Most.....Not ALL...of BE's drops were on him. There were some that could have been thrown a little better. Now I am not defending the guy because in order to play at the level required you NEED to catch those balls that could have been thrown "a little better". When we have a new coaching staff next year I am sure that will be one of the issues they address. He just needs to hang in there. As a true fan, I am going to let it go in one ear and out the other where these comments are concerned. Sure these guys are upset and discouraged. They play for a team that consistently sucks year after year. They need to vent. After all....It could be worse. We could have a locker room poison known as "TO" on our team. For all his dropped balls I would still rather have BE than TO.

Braylon Edwards DROPPED the balls. Nobody else.....BUT....

I have said this a thousand times...the WR/QB relationship is one of trust.

The QB has to trust that the WR is going to be where he is supposed to be. That the WR is running the correct route, at full speed, and making the same reads, and will catch the ball. If he doesn't trust the WR, he is NOT going to throw to him. Over the period that DA was QB, he trusted only 3 guys (evidenced by the lack of throws to other receivers), K2/BE/JJ. So obviously BE was doing what he was supposed to be doing.

The WR has to trust that the QB is going to throw the ball to the correct spot, AND not lead him into defenders to get his legs chopped out from under him or his head taken off.

Anyone watching the Browns with DA at QB realize that our receivers were routinely taking the BIG HIT. Forced to go up and get their legs taken out from under them. Wide open only to have the ball either hit the ground in front of them or fly over their head or off to the side. And when it WAS on target...especially on short passes...it had ZERO TOUCH.

Over the course of 18 games....that is going to take a toll on the WR's psyche. He is going to be afraid to go full speed. He is going to be watching for the defender. He is going to be gator arming it. Basically, he is going to be a mess and drop balls like they were hot potatoes just out of the oven.

Now, I am not saying in any way, shape or form that BE has ZERO responsibility. I am saying, however, that this is FIXABLE!!! Once he gets trust in the new QB, I anticipate him regaining the form he showed in 2007.

Right now, BE's psyche is shattered...on the field (from the above reasons), and off the field (due to the drops...and rumors of trades won't help). His statement wasn't the most intelligent thing to do right now....but I can't hold it against him just yet. He has NOT openly asked for a trade (as K2 did) or a contract renegotiation (as K2 did), and he is not injury prone (as K2 will always be).

If I am going to call either of them out, or trade either of them, it would be K2.

The drop-off between BE and our next best/available WR is FAR BIGGER than the drop off from K2 and the next best option (unless we can get Boldin...but that will cost BIG TIME). So I say we keep BE, mend his broken psyche with a big dose of BQ's accuracy, and trade K2 and his trade asking/new contract wanting/broken down body and get some draft picks.

Just my opinion.

What I feel about receivers that want to get treated like a Jerry Rice is they're NOT a Jerry Rice if they're dropping passes.

You want to run your mouth, bring your A game and step up to the plate.

Catch the DAMN BALL, work hard in the offseason and get it together.

If you don't want to work to be a stat, don't expect to be treated like one.

If you're going to half ass it get thicker skin and stop crying you're getting booed for underperforming.

You're NOT a marked man because you came from that team up North OSU has wiped its ass with every season since Jim took over. You're a marked man because you decided to lead the league in drops.

BLAAAOW!!

Archived