THE BROWNS BOARD

Shaun Rogers and Joe Thomas make the Pro Bowl

samoth

Do you have a link?

If that's the case, I'm highly disappointed. Cribbs needs in as a special teamer, hands down. Nobody covers kicks like he does. Thomas, it's nice, but he's having a sophomore slump, and maybe didn't deserve it this year.

And WHERE IS PONTBRIAND!!!!

I personally think Dawson may deserve it, too.

Thomas is the starter at LT, Rogers is the 3rd string DT. Brendan Abendayajo (sp?) from Baltimore is the ST player, and Leon Washington is kick returner. No love for Cribbs.

Just goes to show you how it is name recognition and not for actual performance. JT deserved it straight up last year...but not so much this year. Cribbs has been EVERYTHING to our team this year...and now he sits.

At least Rogers got it when he deserved it.

Washington's return numbers are about the same as Cribbs. He doesn't stand out as a much better return guy and we all know he doesn't lead his team or make special teams tackles. Cribbs got xxxxed over big time on this one, the only thing Washington has over Cribbs is he is a very explosive running back, but he didn't get picked for RB he got picked for kick returner. Cribbs brings more to the table on special teams than Washington he got screwed! Shame on "YOU" NFL!

Im sure this will make Cribbs even hungrier next season. xxxx'em Josh 4 TD returns next year!

Do you have a link?

If that's the case, I'm highly disappointed. Cribbs needs in as a special teamer, hands down. Nobody covers kicks like he does. Thomas, it's nice, but he's having a sophomore slump, and maybe didn't deserve it this year.

And WHERE IS PONTBRIAND!!!!

I personally think Dawson may deserve it, too.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d...mp;confirm=true

Not sure about Pontbriand, but I think the AFC coach is allowed to make a few personal selections which includes long snapper.

Its funny how Jenkins got voted ahead of Rogers too. Here's their numbers compared. Rogers dominates Jenkins and every other nose tackle, no one comes close to his production this season! At least he made it.

Kris Jenkins

Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

Season Team G GS Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FUM Lost

2008 New York Jets 14 14 39 28 11 3.5 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- --

Shaun Rogers

Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

Season Team G GS Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FUM Lost

2008 New York Jets 14 14 67 55 12 4.5 -- 3 -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- --

Also Rogers has two blocked field goals.

Yes, the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest!

Guest Masters
Masterbater, Dawson is a 2nd Alternate so it's not that bad of a snub.

Also, Cribbs is a 1st Alternate at kick returner.

Dumbergh, I find second alternate a snub (and so did Golic and Dilfer today).

I find even 1st alternate for Cribbs a snub. He should have easily gotten the returner or the ST player spot.

I find those snubs no different than Cassel and Rivers instead of Favre and Cutler in the AFC.

Thomas does not deserve to be a pro bowler this year. Cribbs definately should be a 1st team Pro bowler for special teams. Pointbrand should always be a 1st team pro bowler, the guy is the best in the league. :P It's good to see Rogers get recognition for his effort this year, he deserves it.

Where is DA on that list, oh that's right, he sucks, nevermind.

Rogers was a "no brainer".

Thomas was a "reach" (aty least this year), but Steinbach going down hurt him.

Who kicks better than Dawson?, & look at his "50 & overs"!!

CRIBBS?.....I have NEVER, since I started watching Pro Football in the early 1950s, seen a Special Teams player dominate both offensively & defensively as Josh Cribbs does. He should have been a "no brainer" too!!! I'm DAMN mad about THIS snub!

Let's take it out of the voter's hands next year...I would LOVE to (once again) see a 2 back offense.....for now, Jamal & Cribbs. Josh Cribbs would add so much....speed, elusiveness/moves, power, pass catching & throwing abilities....the diversity he would add to the offense is amazing! What a shame to waste him on Special Teams for a few plays a game.

Mike

Archived