THE BROWNS BOARD

New Ankle Sprain for Delhomme

USFBrown

Delhomme has a new ankle sprain

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 11, 2010 11:36 AM ET

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...w-ankle-sprain/

Jake Delhomme took a pain-killing injection to be ready to play with his high ankle sprain on Sunday. He wound up replacing Seneca Wallace during the game, and promptly suffered another injury.

Delhomme re-injured his right ankle, and now has a high and low right ankle sprain, according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. He'll undergo an MRI and could be out an "extended period of time." Delhomme is in increased pain on Monday.

Wallace also sprained his ankle, and his prognosis is uncertain. Florio reported last night the Browns could be bringing in a veteran quarterback depending on the health of Delhomme and Wallace.

Based on this report, it sounds like it's only a matter of time.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...erback_j_5.html

CLEVELAND -- Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme re-injured his ankle during Sunday's 20-10 loss to the Falcons and now has both a high and low right ankle sprain, a league source said.

Delhomme will undergo an MRI today and won't know how long he'll be out until after that, but it could be an extended period of time.

Delhomme first suffered the high ankle sprain in week one in Tampa and missed the next three games. He was expected to play Sunday, but was pressed into service when Seneca Wallace went down with a sprained ankle.

Delhomme had his ankle shot up with painkillers before the game just in case he had to play. He's in more pain today than he was on Sunday, the source said.

Delhomme seems to have re-injured the ankle on a 10-yard sack in the third quarter by Jamaal Anderson. The Browns might have to sign another quarterback soon depending on the severity of Wallace's sprain.

I have to say that I think that Mangini blew this decision.

Delhomme gets hurt, can't play, so Wallace plays.

Wallace gets hurt, can't play, so they turn to... Delhomme. Except he can't play,

HE IS HURT. NOW HE IS HURT WORSE, when he COULD HAVE PLAYED, eh, maybe, VS THE sTEELERS.

Now, if they had put in McCoy to finish the game, they would have Delhomme on the road to playing next week,

or getting Wallace ready again. And, they'd get McCoy a chance to get comfortable, before the steeler game.

It isn't like it's the first week of the season.

McCoy is tough, very, very smart, and he can flat out move.

And he's accurate on the move.

I hope Wallace can play, but I can imagine Delhomme is now going to be out at least 4 weeks.

If Wallace can't go full speed, play McCoy, that's why he's there.

But, regardless of what my family and I were yelling, they didn't put in McCoy.

Now, you can't just bring in a veteran, he won't know the offense.

McCoy will have to play the steelers

Things are not looking good on the Browns QB front. Delhomme is hurt and can't work....and when he is he is performing poorly. What is Seneca's status? And throwing McCoy in against the Steelers is tantamount to suicide.

Throwing any New QB who does not know the system against the Steelers is bad. What we need is to know how badly Hillis is injured. Surely, all we need is a QB who can hand the ball to Hillis or can hit Ben Watson or Evan Moore who are within 20 yards of the QB. i dont think it is such a bad idea to bring in Colt given our injury.

Archived