THE BROWNS BOARD

BREAKING NEWS: COLT MCCOY LIKELY TO START SUNDAY

TheClevelandSound

You my man didnt watch any Texas games....i think yall all owe me for the bashing i took...Colt will win for you just give him a GD chance...i see your coaching staff is finally realizes this...

you mean they realized it after the other QB's got hurt? Man they must be slow.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You my man didnt watch any Texas games....i think yall all owe me for the bashing i took...Colt will win for you just give him a GD chance...i see your coaching staff is finally realizes this...

Or that they have no other option at this juncture that knows the offense even a little bit. Colt McCoy is going to be eaten alive. You're WR's have struggled to get separation all season. What makes you think they are going to get separation against the best defense in the league with a rookie QB?

I'll be honest. The Browns always get up for the games against the Steelers. Anything is possible so I'm not going to come in here like i have in the last few days to get a rise and say "we're going to steam roll". Do I think there is a real chance that happens yes but any given Sunday and both teams always get up for this one. It's going to be a pretty exciting week. Ben is coming back, a fueled rivalry no matter how lopsided it's been lately. It's a good week to be a football fan.

Hey ARIZONA beats N. Orl. withan Undrafted Rookie.... ANY GIVEN SUNDAY !!! I would Hope we Learned a little from LAST SEASON. If Colt can Beat our D ...more power to him. It doesnt make me sleep any better. Jake D. would on all honesty make me sleep better.

In my mind we have every reason to believe we are going to beat you. Last time we faced the Steelers we won 13-6, had 8 sacks, and had a tremendous game all around. Until we see how we match up, it is only fair to go off of the last result, especially in the division.

No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference.

You watch these Browns step up to the challenge. Why, Daboll has mostly stopped always running on first down.

Ben Rapeanythingthatmoves won't be a happy qb.

Sadly, I'm being completely realistic. To go into Heinz field with our freshman quarterback in his first start?! I just don't see a win. I'll be happy if our defense continues to improve, and we don't look silly.

I was talking about the first portion. Wallace and a healthy Hillis, I'd wager the results are exactly the same. We won our first 4 games without much offense. We have the offense now. I know it's any given Sunday and respect must be given to this Rivalry but when it all boils down the Steelers are about to get xxxxing nasty.

I'm excited for Colt. If he wins this game he'll never have to pay for a drink in Cleveland again.

What a way to start your career!

If he loses ... oh well, he got thrown in too early due to circumstances, he got his feet wet, etc ...

If he wins ... this is the stuff legends are made of.

His short, accurate game may best suit this team right now anyway. The key is to get Hillis healthy in the backfield with him.

Max Hall wasn't even drafted and he just beat the World Champions.

The Steelers D is a lot tougher than the Saints ... but I got a feeling we are going to knock the shit out of Roethlisberger.

This may be the best Steeler Week ever.

Zombo

--Skippy, better get the Colt jerseys up for sale.

I'm excited for Colt. If he wins this game he'll never have to pay for a drink in Cleveland again.

What a way to start your career!

If he loses ... oh well, he got thrown in too early due to circumstances, he got his feet wet, etc ...

If he wins ... this is the stuff legends are made of.

His short, accurate game may best suit this team right now anyway. The key is to get Hillis healthy in the backfield with him.

Max Hall wasn't even drafted and he just beat the World Champions.

The Steelers D is a lot tougher than the Saints ... but I got a feeling we are going to knock the shit out of Roethlisberger.

This may be the best Steeler Week ever.

Zombo

--Skippy, better get the Colt jerseys up for sale.

Your post got me so pumped up.

I was talking about the first portion. Wallace and a healthy Hillis, I'd wager the results are exactly the same. We won our first 4 games without much offense. We have the offense now. I know it's any given Sunday and respect must be given to this Rivalry but when it all boils down the Steelers are about to get xxxxing nasty.

Also you said "No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference."

Soooo, the Steelers without certain players makes a difference but the Browns (or probably any other team) the results are the same?

You can't have your Kate and Edith too.

Also you said "No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference."

Soooo, the Steelers without certain players makes a difference but the Browns (or probably any other team) the results are the same?

You can't have your Kate and Edith too.

My bad I didn't realize that Seneca Wallace and Hillis were comparable to Polamalu and Aaron Smith, plus a banged up Harrison. lol Oh wait they aren't.

i see it as a good thing that he is going to start on sunday. personally, i would much rather see seneca start, but if colt gets a few starts underneath him, we'll know what we have in him and it'll make it easier going into the draft next year if we know for sure that we need a QB. he has the same o-line and offensive tools available to him as our other QBs. at this point, i think that i might have more confidence in mccoy over delhomme.

go browns! what a way to start your career in cleveland by beating the steelers. that would be the stuff of legends.

I accidentally gave you a thanks for this post-- thank the glass of vodka I drank before reading your post.

But seriously, with our best players on the field, I think we're competitive against any team in the NFL. We've been in every game so far this year-- including the Ravens game-- and what team is better than the Ravens. I honestly believe we're competitive when healthy.

I accidentally gave you a thanks for this post-- thank the glass of vodka I drank before reading your post.

But seriously, with our best players on the field, I think we're competitive against any team in the NFL. We've been in every game so far this year-- including the Ravens game-- and what team is better than the Ravens. I honestly believe we're competitive when healthy.

i agree with the competitiveness and i see the improvement overall except at qb (even though it's better than the bq/da crap) but come on, let's win a fxxking game already. fans can only be so patient. let's hope mccoy can put a W in the column for us.

There have been many freshmen QB's who have started in their first year and have fared decently. McCoy has a low ceiling and has had some time to observe the system. He will be fine if the play calling is smart.

As much as I'd like to believe that, I'd be STUNNED if Colt came in and shined as a rookie.

I think all of us are fearing this because of the trauma we went through with Brady Quinn. My optimism stems from the fact that these two guys are completely different players. Colt McCoy has won his whole life and thats all he knows, which can be a positive and negative thing. But I still have optimism.

Was Colt's high school and college record all that much more stellar than Quinn's? Weren't Quinn's physical attributes "better" than Colt's (taller, heavier, faster etc.) Wasn't Quinn's arm in fact deemed generally to be stronger than Colts?

I think if Colt were to succeed where Quinn couldn't it will all have to be up to the intangibles that he brings to the table. Hopefully those intangibles make him the winner we would all hope that Quinn had become.

No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference.

But the Steelers defense wasn't the issue in last year's game. Remember, it was a 13-6 game. Its not like your defense gave up a ton of points.

It was the Steeler's offense...WITH Ben Roethlisberger that failed that day. So, who knows....maybe you still ought to play Batch.

The Steelers are better than the Ravens. We had zero offense outside of Mendenhall and one game from Charlie. My post also wasn't off base. Sure the Browns are improved but it's not like I'm trolling with the comment you "thanked by accident" Pittsburgh is 3-1 without their top 5 QB (Arguably but most put him there) The offense will no longer stall and it should be lights out football from both ends.

But the Steelers defense wasn't the issue in last year's game. Remember, it was a 13-6 game. Its not like your defense gave up a ton of points.

It was the Steeler's offense...WITH Ben Roethlisberger that failed that day. So, who knows....maybe you still ought to play Batch.

It was actually special teams and our porous offensive line, it had nothing to do with Ben. I guess you'll find out Sunday, won't ya gip?

I know this is besides the point but isn't there ANY other shitty back-up QB out there other than Brett Ratliff? I know he is Mangini's nephew or whatever, but that guy BLOWS!

exactly. maybe there's an old washed-up veteran interception machine out there. wait. we signed him in the off season.

Archived