THE BROWNS BOARD

BREAKING NEWS: COLT MCCOY LIKELY TO START SUNDAY

TheClevelandSound

The Steelers are better than the Ravens. We had zero offense outside of Mendenhall and one game from Charlie. My post also wasn't off base. Sure the Browns are improved but it's not like I'm trolling with the comment you "thanked by accident" Pittsburgh is 3-1 without their top 5 QB (Arguably but most put him there) The offense will no longer stall and it should be lights out football from both ends.

Didn't mean to troll. Honestly, I think I'm in shock at the thought that McCoy might be our starter in Pittsburgh. Flashback to those last days of Crennel, when we fielded the crapiest team I can remember.

It really shouldn't be that bad, though. At least our coaching staff is comparable to the Steelers' staff. Daboll is no worse than Arians (isn't he still in charge?). And while your d-coordinator is a legend, Rob Ryan is one in the making. Mangini is a gameplan genius, so I think we're fine there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see only positives coming from this. Either...

A: Colt does good or decent and he turns into the QB we were looking for during the playing time he gets in the next 3-4 weeks or...

B: He does horrible, we go 2-14 / 3-13 and we draft Andrew Luck in the first round and we get a QB who can do this...

I see only positives coming from this. Either...

A: Colt does good or decent and he turns into the QB we were looking for during the playing time he gets in the next 3-4 weeks or...

B: He does horrible, we go 2-14 / 3-13 and we draft Andrew Luck in the first round and we get a QB who can do this...

That plan worked out pretty good with:

brady-quinn-pink.jpg

The queebland stains - wrecking first-round QB's since day one.

Regards...

... an'at

That plan worked out pretty good with:

brady-quinn-pink.jpg

The queebland stains - wrecking first-round QB's since day one.

Regards...

... an'at

Can you xxxx off already?

Regards...

... an'at

i hear the bells already. somebody light the funeral pyre! it's gonna be a massacre!

i know 1 of 2 things are gonna happen if colt starts against the Steelers.

1. your OC is gonna call such a conservative gameplan that you will NOT top 100yrds total offense.

or

2. your OC calls a standard range of plays and colt will get intercepted 3 or more times.

pick your poison.

Whichever poison I pick, please let me watch you drink it.

The upside of the Browns' struggles with injuries etc... is we know they have a kick ass defense.

And, if they do keep losing because of the offense....

they will more likely be in position to draft this kid:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/foo...n-georgia_N.htm

http://www.sicemdawgs.com/2010/10/a-j-gree...ch-at-colorado/

http://video.tidesports.com/video/207623357001

I don't think he has even taken a snap all year in a game and the first thing he is to do in his career is to go against a Dick LeBeau defense?

They're throwing him out there against a hall-of-fame defensive mind, Troy freakin Polamalu and that dirty SOB Harrison. My god, just put him on IR before the game starts and save his knees AND his ego.

Makes me sick to my stomach :( Never felt this way about my Browns. :(

They're throwing him out there against a hall-of-fame defensive mind, Troy freakin Polamalu and that dirty SOB Harrison. My god, just put him on IR before the game starts and save his knees AND his ego.

I think the best offensive line in the league will take care of him.

http://marla.ohio.com/2010/10/10-reasons-w...oy-can-succeed/

10 reasons why McCoy can succeed

by Marla Ridenour on October 12, 2010 - 11:15 am

With both Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace reportedly suffering from high ankle sprains, it appears Browns rookie quarterback Colt McCoy will make his first NFL start Sunday at Pittsburgh.

As daunting as that sounds, a friend from Hartford, CT made a strong case via email why McCoy can succeed. It must be pointed out that the friend is a graduate of the University of Texas, where McCoy went 45-8 as a four-year starter to become the winningest quarterback in NCAA history.

Here are his 10 reasons to believe in McCoy. My comments/additions are in parentheses:

1. A healthy McCoy isn’t any less of an athlete than Seneca Wallace. He can use his feet to buy time. (At Texas, McCoy rushed 447 times for 1,571 yards and 20 TDs.)

2. If he can put the ball where he wants to, his accuracy will help move the chains. (McCoy’s career completion percentage of 70.33 ranks second in NCAA history between the 70.39 of Hawaii’s Colt Brennan.)

3. There is less of a book on him than the others.

4. If you run a good amount of WildDawg, Colt will have fewer opportunities to get hit. (In the Browns’ 13-6 home victory over the Steelers on Dec. 10, 2009, Joshua Cribbs rushed eight times for 87 yards.)

5. If the defense plays as well as it did the last time they played, Colt won’t have to do much. (In that 2009 Browns victory, the Steelers managed 218 net yards, netted 77 yards on the ground and converted 3 of 14 on third down.)

6. He’s been underestimated every step of the way and he will rise to the occasion. (Despite his college honors, McCoy slipped to the third round of the draft, going 85th overall.)

7. He’s a coach’s kid and he’s smart. (McCoy’s father, Brad, was his coach at Jim Ned High School in Tuscola, Texas, where McCoy went 34-2 as a starter.)

8. He knows how to win games when he isn’t effective.

9. He’s mentally tough. He’s faced the best defensive players in college who form the basis of the NFL and he’s succeeded.

10. After performing in the intensity of games against the likes of Oklahoma, Nebraska and Ohio State, do you really think he’s going to be fazed by 60,000 western Pennsylvanians waving yellow towels?

http://marla.ohio.com/2010/10/10-reasons-w...oy-can-succeed/

10 reasons why McCoy can succeed

by Marla Ridenour on October 12, 2010 - 11:15 am

With both Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace reportedly suffering from high ankle sprains, it appears Browns rookie quarterback Colt McCoy will make his first NFL start Sunday at Pittsburgh.

As daunting as that sounds, a friend from Hartford, CT made a strong case via email why McCoy can succeed. It must be pointed out that the friend is a graduate of the University of Texas, where McCoy went 45-8 as a four-year starter to become the winningest quarterback in NCAA history.

Here are his 10 reasons to believe in McCoy. My comments/additions are in parentheses:

1. A healthy McCoy isn’t any less of an athlete than Seneca Wallace. He can use his feet to buy time. (At Texas, McCoy rushed 447 times for 1,571 yards and 20 TDs.)

He may have been decent at running in college, but the guys are much faster and hit harder in the pros.

2. If he can put the ball where he wants to, his accuracy will help move the chains. (McCoy’s career completion percentage of 70.33 ranks second in NCAA history between the 70.39 of Hawaii’s Colt Brennan.)

How's that high accuracy working for Brennan in the NFL? Just heard Houston brought him in to pass to potential new WRs.

3. There is less of a book on him than the others.

4. If you run a good amount of WildDawg, Colt will have fewer opportunities to get hit. (In the Browns’ 13-6 home victory over the Steelers on Dec. 10, 2009, Joshua Cribbs rushed eight times for 87 yards.)

5. If the defense plays as well as it did the last time they played, Colt won’t have to do much. (In that 2009 Browns victory, the Steelers managed 218 net yards, netted 77 yards on the ground and converted 3 of 14 on third down.)

Good point, hopefully this will be all we need to win again

6. He’s been underestimated every step of the way and he will rise to the occasion. (Despite his college honors, McCoy slipped to the third round of the draft, going 85th overall.)

7. He’s a coach’s kid and he’s smart. (McCoy’s father, Brad, was his coach at Jim Ned High School in Tuscola, Texas, where McCoy went 34-2 as a starter.)

8. He knows how to win games when he isn’t effective.

9. He’s mentally tough. He’s faced the best defensive players in college who form the basis of the NFL and he’s succeeded.

He hasn't faced a defense like the Stoolers

10. After performing in the intensity of games against the likes of Oklahoma, Nebraska and Ohio State, do you really think he’s going to be fazed by 60,000 western Pennsylvanians waving yellow towels?

No, I think the 300lb+ angry MEN (not kids) coming after him will faze him a little.

It's a nice article, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. You never know how a kid will do in the pros.

Better yet, why don't we put a dress on you, me, and anyone else who's been a Browns fan for the past 60+ years. For Christ sake ... If I am not mistaken, it was Big Ben who had his facemask cut-off from his ugly mug, his head strapped to a gurney, and his body carted off Cleveland Browns Stadium field in 2008. It was Big Ben who was sacked eight times in our last meeting, and it was Big Ben who has been preoccupied with several rape accusations and hasn't played a down this season, facing a Browns defense that has improved.

Stop freaking crying about the Steelers. Hillis will play and we have a great O-line coming off a poor game and looking to get back to the form they were just two games ago in Baltimore where they mauled.

Colt is a big boy, the kid has been in many big games. The kid has experience and has mastered each level to get here. The Steelers are scared shitless of Cribbs and they will see plenty of him, spelling Colt & Hilis for some wilddawg packages, lined up at RB, WR, and returning punts/kicks. Stuckey has been stepping into his own, and we will free up the TE's for a possesion game between our Defense pinning back their ears and taking it to Big dumb rusty Ben.

If you are going to cry about the match-up, don a dress and go watch a local youth soccer game because I'm sick of reading it.

you just never know I am actually excited what Can go Wrong we Lose again LOL,Give him a chance #12 Lets do it.

I totally agree! What the hell do we have to lose? I mean, if this guy is the future, then we need to find that out now, otherwise we'll be in the running to draft YET another QB! So, while I don't like our chances Sunday, like you said... you never know. And so what, Colt stays on as starter, the Browns go 3-13, or 1-15. I seem to rember two great QBS who started out with those records in their first year; Troy Aikman, and Peyton Manning. I'm not saying Colt is the next coming of either of those 2, but why not find out now whether or not this kid has anything?

Whichever poison I pick, please let me watch you drink it.

i don't mind the poison much, just PLEASE don't make me drink cleveland's staph infected water.

why don't we put a dress on you, me, and anyone else who's been a Browns fan for the past 60+ years?

i agree! gotta be the best idea you've ever thrown out there.

STFU already!

simply priceless! best thing about coming on this board is posting logical comments to combat the enternal homerism and unfounded optimism untill some stain fan has a hissy fit like this.

ROTFLMFAO!

i don't mind the poison much, just PLEASE don't make me drink cleveland's staph infected water.

i agree! gotta be the best idea you've ever thrown out there.

simply priceless! best thing about coming on this board is posting logical comments to combat the enternal homerism and unfounded optimism untill some stain fan has a hissy fit like this.

ROTFLMFAO!

You must be a raging homo to think Stan in a dress is a great idea (yuck)

You must be a raging homo to think Stan in a dress is a great idea (yuck)

i wouldn't say raging.............i'm usually pretty calm. :wub:

ROTFLMFAO!

Hey ASSHOLE in case you haven't noticed it's the BROWNS board, for CLEVELAND BROWNS FANS! Of course we're going to get defensive when some knucklehead comes in here to talk shit! It's one thing to post logical comments. It's another to be a total dickbag about it like you and the other troll! You and the other stupid f*** that comes in here do nothing but come in here to stir up shit, so quit acting like you're all knowing an logical! So basically, because we're not Steelers fans, and because our team has struggled we're not allowed to be passionate about our hometown team???? You know what? F**** YOU!!!!! Do us all a favor as well as the rest of your own fanbase a favor and jump in the Monongahela already!

Hey ASSHOLE in case you haven't noticed it's the BROWNS board, for CLEVELAND BROWNS FANS! Of course we're going to get defensive when some knucklehead comes in here to talk shit! It's one thing to post logical comments. It's another to be a total dickbag about it like you and the other troll! You and the other stupid f*** that comes in here do nothing but come in here to stir up shit, so quit acting like you're all knowing an logical! So basically, because we're not Steelers fans, and because our team has struggled we're not allowed to be passionate about our hometown team???? You know what? F**** YOU!!!!! Do us all a favor as well as the rest of your own fanbase a favor and jump in the Monongahela already!

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

and yet ANOTHER priceless hissy fit from a clown fan!

oh, and hey..........having a couple years in a row that your team isn't good is "struggling".

having a joke of a franchise that has only 1 winning season in the past 2 decades is well...........pretty hilarious.

for anyone that isn't a stain fan i should say.

the "mon" is too far away anyway, can i at least jump in the ohio river? it's just down the street.

oh, and hey..........having a couple years in a row that your team isn't good is "struggling".

having a joke of a franchise that has only 1 winning season in the past 2 decades is well...........pretty hilarious.

the "mon" is too far away anyway, can i at least jump in the ohio river? it's just down the street.

Hey, knock yourself out there pal! Can't wait for the day when the tables are turned. Enjoy it while it lasts, because nothing is forever! I'll be there to remind you. It's OK, because I'm sure you'll bag up all of your Steelers gear, and jump on the bandwagon of some other team.

Hey, knock yourself out there pal! Can't wait for the day when the tables are turned. Enjoy it while it lasts, because nothing is forever! I'll be there to remind you. It's OK, because I'm sure you'll bag up all of your Steelers gear, and jump on the bandwagon of some other team.

Yea, but Joe, HE won't be here for you to remind him because he will have crawled off into a hole at the first sign of one or two losing seasons.

this he/she is obviously stuck in some mud-ridden trailer park in the middle of bumfxxk PA, surprised he/she has internet connection. maybe he's bouncing WIFI off his mom's aluminum tooth. GO FXXK YOURSELF AND SKIP OFF TO A STEELERS BOARD. obviously (if there is a steeler's board............i wouldn't know) the conversation can't be all that if the trolls insist on dwelling here.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...eric_ma_23.html

CLEVELAND -- Browns coach Eric Mangini said today he's "leaning toward'' starting rookie quarterback Colt McCoy Sunday in PIttsburgh.

The Browns top two quarterbacks, Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, are both nursing their high ankle sprains today and are not expected to be ready to play.

Mangini said he wouldn't "rule out'' starting newly-signed Brett Ratliff, who's never taken a snap in a real NFL game, but it's more likely he'll go with McCoy since he's been with the team since draft day and has been taking reps all along. Ratliff, on the hand, was waived in the final cuts Sept. 4 and spent time with the Jaguars before landing on the Patriots' practice squad.

McCoy, the Browns' third-round pick out of Texas, was supposed to watch and learn all season, but Manginii cautioned shortly after the draft about McCoy's prospects of playing, "I never say never.'' Today he said, "you just never know'' what might happen regardless of a players' position.

McCoy is the winningest quarterback in NCAA history with 45 victories in 53 starts. If he starts in Pittsburgh, he'll face the Steelers' fourth-ranked defense.

In other Browns news, key players such as running back Peyton Hillis, nosetackle Shaun Rogers and ends Robaire Smith and Kenyon Coleman were all idle today. Mangini said he expects some of the injured players, including Hillis, to practice this week.

Yea, but Joe, HE won't be here for you to remind him because he will have crawled off into a hole at the first sign of one or two losing seasons.

EXACTLY!!! Kind of like how all of the NE Ohio Steelers fans mysteriously disappeared from sight after they lost to the Browns!!!! You want to talk about a fanbase that is whiny??? Maybe that is the real reason that the Terrible Towel was created! OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH did I just make a derogatory comment about that stupid ass cry towel???? F**** YEAH I DID!

Mangini said he expects some of the injured players, including Hillis, to practice this week.

Well, there you go. that is all I was waiting to hear.

Steelers favered by 14? Back the truck up on the Browns.

We are going to make Big Gay's returne a freaking nightmare for them.

Zombo

Let's see, Colt rolls right, Hillis fakes right, and sprints toward his left...

and meets Troy PollyGirlieMan trying to rush well off Joe Thomas's end.

Well, that's if PollyGirlieMan shows up at all...

Archived