THE BROWNS BOARD

The Curse of Cleveland

john orlick

The Curse of Cleveland....I ve said it before and ill say it again....the curse of Cleveland is the fans how many times have we seen a quarterback booed off the field after a 3 and out fresh off the bench not taking a snap in weeks off an in...jury. I takes 11 men to make a play we start loosing and everybody screams quarterback. The reality of the matter is it takes 12 men to make a play..... the fans have a job to do as well. Best fans in football ....a crock ....whens the last time you a boo in 3 rivers stadium (Heinz Field ) whatever..how many 3rd downs when your defense is on the field at home is the stadium silent instead of the bone rattling havoc it takes to fire up the defense and rattle the opposing offense. let the players and coaching staff do their job. We do ours...NFL teams used to dread coming to Cleveland to battle on Sundays. because the fans did their job... everyone has to step up and do their part... all 12 men on the field...pissing and moaning and whining is what your white collar pussys do in Baltimore...not here

I really didn't bother to read the poorly written post that started this thread, but I did think the title was appropriate for the following comment.

Mark Madden, Pittsburgh Shock-Jock Radio Host, said the following (I'm probably paraphrasing):

"The only reason the Ravens won a Super Bowl was because God was rewarding Art Modell for screwing over the city of Cleveland."

The Curse of Cleveland....I ve said it before and ill say it again....the curse of cleveland is the fans how many times have we seen a quaterback booed off the feild after a 3 and out fresh off the bench not taking a snap in weeks off an in...jury. I takes 11 men to make a play we start loosing and everybody screams quaterback. The reality of the matter is it takes 12 men to make a play..... the fans have a job to do as well. Best fans in football ....a crock ....whens the last time you a boo in 3 rivers stadium (heins feild ) whatever..how many 3rd downs when your defence is on the feild at home is the stadium silent instead of the bone ratteling havoc it takes to fire up the defence and rattel the opposing offence. let the players and coaching staff do their job. We do ours...NFL teams used to dread comming to cleveland to battel on sundays. because the fans did their job... everyone has to step up and do their part... all 12 men on the feild...pissing and moaning and whining is what your white collar pussys do in Baltimore...not here

Oh yah, class warfare between browns fans. Haven't seen that for a while, insulting each other for what they do for a living or how much money they make.

I am inclined to side with the squeeler on this one . Formerly said it right . It will take more than a game or two . It will take a serious upwards trend in winning , along with a few good drafts , and an offensive idea thrown in.

First step, You have to have the right people in place starting at the owner or in our case his chosen czar and the czar's chosen GM, as of yet it remains in the air as to rather step one is even in line..

If step 1 is in line then everything else will fall in place on its own and in an organized fashion...

We currently have a horrible OC that was brought in by the now defunct mangini regime as a rookie OC to a rebuilding project in cleveland that seriously requires a pro caliber OC and he has been left intact thusfar by the holmgren regime with little or no improvement, furthermore he seems to lack many if not all of the intangible tools of the OC's trade...

To begin validation of step 1 holmgren/heckert have to start with correction here, anything less should lead many to believe or at least suspect we are in for it again...and the barking in municipal stadium will grow even dimmer...

Browns fans want and need to believe but this regime needs to let the fans know that not only does it care but that it is dedicated to getting it right, but so far its just more silence and more of the same thing that is pushing many fans away until a better day/century..

And no stooler fan has ever had to endure or could even remotely understand how it feels and sucks to have your team uprooted, and then after 3 years of emptiness and no football to have your team replaced with an expansion owned by the lerners with no identity or direction, and stooler fans should be grateful to the rooney's for that...

10 years later im still hopeful and i still want to believe but its starting to feel like deja vu all over again and a lost cause if it is..

First step, You have to have the right people in place starting at the owner or in our case his chosen czar and the czar's chosen GM, as of yet it remains in the air as to rather step one is even in line..

If step 1 is in line then everything else will fall in place on its own and in an organized fashion...

We currently have a horrible OC that was brought in by the now defunct mangini regime as a rookie OC to a rebuilding project in cleveland that seriously requires a pro caliber OC and he has been left intact thusfar by the holmgren regime with little or no improvement, furthermore he seems to lack many if not all of the intangible tools of the OC's trade...

To begin validation of step 1 holmgren/heckert have to start with correction here, anything less should lead many to believe or at least suspect we are in for it again...and the barking in municipal stadium will grow even dimmer...

Browns fans want and need to believe but this regime needs to let the fans know that not only does it care but that it is dedicated to getting it right, but so far its just more silence and more of the same thing that is pushing many fans away until a better day/century..

And no stooler fan has ever had to endure or could even remotely understand how it feels and sucks to have your team uprooted, and then after 3 years of emptiness and no football to have your team replaced with an expansion owned by the lerners with no identity or direction, and stooler fans should be grateful to the rooney's for that...

10 years later im still hopeful and i still want to believe but its starting to feel like deja vu all over again and a lost cause if it is..

Some folks should just get another team . It would be good for all concerned .

The Curse of Cleveland....I ve said it before and ill say it again....the curse of cleveland is the fans how many times have we seen a quaterback booed off the feild after a 3 and out fresh off the bench not taking a snap in weeks off an in...jury. I takes 11 men to make a play we start loosing and everybody screams quaterback. The reality of the matter is it takes 12 men to make a play..... the fans have a job to do as well. Best fans in football ....a crock ....whens the last time you a boo in 3 rivers stadium (heins feild ) whatever..how many 3rd downs when your defence is on the feild at home is the stadium silent instead of the bone ratteling havoc it takes to fire up the defence and rattel the opposing offence. let the players and coaching staff do their job. We do ours...NFL teams used to dread comming to cleveland to battel on sundays. because the fans did their job... everyone has to step up and do their part... all 12 men on the feild...pissing and moaning and whining is what your white collar pussys do in Baltimore...not here

Pro...per Punc...tu...a...tion

I really didn't bother to read the poorly written post that started this thread, but I did think the title was appropriate for the following comment.

Mark Madden, Pittsburgh Shock-Jock Radio Host, said the following (I'm probably paraphrasing):

"The only reason the Ravens won a Super Bowl was because God was rewarding Art Modell for screwing over the city of Cleveland."

I really don't know why some teams can't get it together or why they go through the slumps. The only thing I know for sure is, Mark Madden is a piece of crap. He is a poor excuse for getting his station or paper listeners or readers. The thing is, the guy is savvy and doesn't need to rely upon the trash he talks. Most Pittsburgers hate the guy from what I can tell.

I really don't know why some teams can't get it together or why they go through the slumps. The only thing I know for sure is, Mark Madden is a piece of crap. He is a poor excuse for getting his station or paper listeners or readers. The thing is, the guy is savvy and doesn't need to rely upon the trash he talks. Most Pittsburgers hate the guy from what I can tell.

Yes, we hate that blow hole.

Besides, everone in Pittsburgh knows Satan will torment Art Modell in hell for destroying the rivalry. :mad::mad::mad:

The Curse of Cleveland....I ve said it before and ill say it again....the curse of Cleveland is the fans how many times have we seen a quarterback booed off the field after a 3 and out fresh off the bench not taking a snap in weeks off an in...jury. I takes 11 men to make a play we start loosing and everybody screams quarterback. The reality of the matter is it takes 12 men to make a play..... the fans have a job to do as well. Best fans in football ....a crock ....whens the last time you a boo in 3 rivers stadium (Heinz Field ) whatever..how many 3rd downs when your defense is on the field at home is the stadium silent instead of the bone rattling havoc it takes to fire up the defense and rattle the opposing offense. let the players and coaching staff do their job. We do ours...NFL teams used to dread coming to Cleveland to battle on Sundays. because the fans did their job... everyone has to step up and do their part... all 12 men on the field...pissing and moaning and whining is what your white collar pussys do in Baltimore...not here

You're a drunk who doesn't deserve to comment on how we do things in Baltimore. Win a division title, then we'll talk.

You're a drunk who doesn't deserve to comment on how we do things in Baltimore. Win a division title, then we'll talk.

Honestly I dont drink and I do know how you do things in baltimore,I spent 5 years in the mayralynd /D.C. area right next door to the white collar town of baltimore. If I may remind you WE have more won championships and playoff aparences then the the ravens have ben in exsinstance . thank you for your comments

refrences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns

post-2767-1287081622_thumb.jpg

Actually, in their history even to this date the Browns are tied with having won more division titles than any other team (with the Cowboys): 21.

The Curse of Cleveland....I ve said it before and ill say it again....the curse of Cleveland is the fans how many times have we seen a quarterback booed off the field after a 3 and out fresh off the bench not taking a snap in weeks off an in...jury. I takes 11 men to make a play we start loosing and everybody screams quarterback.

Yet Steelers fans think that Pig ben will make everything better for the Steelers. Why is it 11 players for everyone else and 1 player in Pittsburgh? Last year all losses were blamed on Troy Polamalu being injured. :huh:

The reality of the matter is it takes 12 men to make a play..... the fans have a job to do as well. Best fans in football ....a crock ....whens the last time you a boo in 3 rivers stadium (Heinz Field ) whatever..how many 3rd downs when your defense is on the field at home is the stadium silent instead of the bone rattling havoc it takes to fire up the defense and rattle the opposing offense. let the players and coaching staff do their job. We do ours...NFL teams used to dread coming to Cleveland to battle on Sundays. because the fans did their job... everyone has to step up and do their part... all 12 men on the field...

Steelers fans are all mindless lemmings. They all buy and wave dishrags over their heads in unison and think they are a part of the team. The only reason none of them boo when their team does poorly is because they are afraid everyone else in the stadium will beat the piss out of them.

pissing and moaning and whining is what your white collar pussys do in Baltimore...not here

Have you ever been to Baltimore? Baltimore is more blue-collar than Pittsburgh, because when the steel industry went belly up it seems that is where a lot of unemployed steel workers moved. I will admit there was a lot of moaning and whining coming from Pittsburgh two weeks ago when I kept hearing the lame excuse "the only reason the Ravens beat the Steelers was because the Steelers were starting a 4th string QB." Guess what? Next man up. You can't blame every loss on some starters injury. No Baltimore fans ever complained about Ed Reed, Domonique Foxworth, Lardarius Webb, or Donte' Stallworth being injured when the Ravens lost to the Bengals. But why did the Browns beat the Steelers last year? Why did the Ravens beat the Steelers this year? Don't whine or moan about any players being out in your answers either.

Archived