THE BROWNS BOARD

Carlton Mitchell

TheClevelandSound

It just crossed my mind like a sign from the Browns heavens. Colt McCoy has been practicing with Mitchell all year, so we should expect him to be out there right? If you look at the athlete he is, whether by watching college film or preseason or whatnot, he has the body and movement of a #1 receiver. What do the Browns need more than anything? A #1 receiver! Why not start the future now? You may think a am high on all sorts of methamphetamines right now but I really see this as a turning poit and a chance for Mitchell to delevop into our future #1 guy. Thoughts?

2010-05-19-carlton-mitchell-ota--nfl_large_580_1000.JPG

I agree !

Mitchell could step in, and take the heat off Momass, and Robiskie will also step up...

I just wish Hillis was 100%.

That, and I wish Harrison will man up.

Just because mangini is mangini is enough to question rather mitchell or anyone other than his chosen will play from week to week...did he do anything to standout in practice? Did he attend opportunity sessions? Did he behave like a well disciplined child in the locker room, has he earned mangini's trust or ire this week? Did he sneak upstairs and talk to mike?

Im the kind of fan that appreciates a coach that puts players on the field and if they suck they suck i wont blame the coach if bad things happen, i do not like a coach that requires a player to over excel in the classroom or practice field to earn a shot at playing and then they still suck...of course i dont like one size all must fit it systems either its like comparing a Mercedes benz to a yugo...

One is exquisite and with good coordinating the parts can be easily mixed for player strengths and opportunity in the event of a breakdown, the other is generic and when a part breaks the next part likely cant do what the original done if you can find a part to fit it at all...

mitchell is a bit raw, they got him way down the draft and i believe he only played like 1 season in college, comming from being a track star. while he has the physical tools, he has alot of work to become a true #1. it won't likely happen this year.

mitchell is a bit raw, they got him way down the draft and i believe he only played like 1 season in college, comming from being a track star. while he has the physical tools, he has alot of work to become a true #1. it won't likely happen this year.

Mitchell played at USF for four years, he was a red shirt the first. Granted he played in the Big East with an overrated USF team (who sucked in Big East play), but he was solid receiver for us.

I'd love to see him as our #1 and I believe he will eventually develop into a solid receiver, maybe not a #1, but a good receiver.

It just crossed my mind like a sign from the Browns heavens. Colt McCoy has been practicing with Mitchell all year, so we should expect him to be out there right? If you look at the athlete he is, whether by watching college film or preseason or whatnot, he has the body and movement of a #1 receiver. What do the Browns need more than anything? A #1 receiver! Why not start the future now? You may think a am high on all sorts of methamphetamines right now but I really see this as a turning poit and a chance for Mitchell to delevop into our future #1 guy. Thoughts?

Unless he's not grasping the playbook, play him. The season has taken a bad turn with the injuries, and the blown opportunities in our four losses, what do we really have to lose by playing another rookie?

If you recall our overtime loss to Cincinnati last year, it was the game after we traded Edwards and we had no idea who would step up as the next #1. MoMass ended up with 146 yards receiving and we all knew who our #1 was...sort of.

I hope the same thing happens this game except Mitchell can run better routes than MoMass.

It's going to take an injury to Robo or Stuckey to get Mitchell any significant PT.

That's just the way it is.......

Wait a minute ... Robiskie is still on this team???

Hadn't heard his name called since preseason of 2009.

I dont think Robo is terrible i just really think hes in the wrong system if he was with the patriots i gurantee he would be a better player just because he could play the short intermidate pass lanes and break alot of zone coverages...It also dosent hurt when you have a great QB and we dont have one right now,as for Mitchell im all for it let him play what else do we have to lose besides seeing if he has any potential to be something in the league

Archived