THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday Steeler Week

The Gipper

OK, here is this week's questions. Give your opinions:

1. OK, the subject was brought up elsewhere: Who IS the best Browns QB of the last 20 years? Who was the worst?

2. Where was the best tailgate party you have ever attended?

3. Who IS the Dumbest Steeler Troll on this Board?

4. This is the height of the fall leaf peeping season. Where in your opinion is the best place to see the fall colors?

5. This weekend is also my 40th High School Class Reunion. Our class had a slogan that went like this: SIN, SEX, LSD, we're the Class of 70. Now, the questions are: Do you attend your high school reunions? If not, why not. And did your class have a slogan like we did?

1. OK, the subject was brought up elsewhere: Who IS the best Browns QB of the last 20 years? Who was the worst?

Since 1990? Bernie Kosar or Vinnie Testeverde. Worst would be Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, or Ty Detmer

Never been to one. Like I said, I do not mix alcohol with football. I need to focus!

Homotron or Gafreleets

4. This is the height of the fall leaf peeping season. Where in your opinion is the best place to see the fall colors?

Akron Metroparks. So many good trails to walk.

5. This weekend is also my 40th High School Class Reunion. Our class had a slogan that went like this: SIN, SEX, LSD, we're the Class of 70. Now, the questions are: Do you attend your high school reunions? If not, why not. And did your class have a slogan like we did?

I graduated two years ago, so I haven't had one to go to yet. No we did not have a slogan because my high school was too damn politically correct to let us have one.

Going back to the 1990 season only, for one year it very well may have been Vinny Testaverde in the 1994 season where the Browns went 11-5 and won their last postseason game. Ken Dorsey may have been the worst, but he only had a cup of coffee as a starter. The guy that was the worst primary starter for a season may have been Brady Quinn. He is clearly the biggest disappointment, but Jeff Garcia also stunk up the joint in his brief time here.

Though the Browns tailgate parties have been nice, the best I have gone to were for South Carolina Gamecock games. My father-in-law lives down there and is a big fan of the Gamecocks (gotta love their slogan: "Go Cocks!!"). But those guys do it up right down there.

I may have to reserve this opinion till the end of the week to see which of the trolls really makes a fool of themselves above and beyond the call of duty. Stone is working hard on trying to carry the mantle as he is acting like he may need a couple of shots of prozac. However, as bad as some of these are, they are not matching some of them from the old AOL Board. A couple of those guys would get on and admit that they were drunk and stoned and blowing coke up their nose all at the same time. They were often incomprehensible and really needed a rubber room. One of them even bragged about oiling his hair up with popcorn grease..and he seemed proud of it. Oh well.

I have never done a fall trip at this time of year to like Vermont or the Blue Ridge or the UP of Michigan which are supposed to be renowned sites and one of the reasons is that I have heard that it can be bumper to bumper traffic on those roads. So I will give 2 very different: In and around central Colorado going to and from Aspen and coming off the mountains of Rocky Mountain National Park, the Golden Aspens were in full color and were beautiful. They of course turn just that one color. And locally hit the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. It IS a National Park, one of only 58, and its color scheme is underrated. Plus it is very close.

Yes, I have gone to all mine and have even had a hand in organizing a few. (Not so much this one). And, of course you see our class slogan above.

To Cleveland Sound: Do you think our class slogan, Sin Sex LSD was sanctioned by school officials? Obviously not. It is something you just develop yourselve and damn the school. Also, FYI, no one forces you to drink at a tailgate party. We didn't drink at the ones in South Carolina.

Best-Kosar, Worst-Doug Pederson

never been to one

You tell me, your the resident troll killa

Mill Creek Park

I haven't had one yet, my 10 year class reunion will be in 2013. What I would do to be in highschool again

1. Has to be Kosar for best, and a cast of many for worst. (Slim pickin's in the last 20 years)

2. I've been to a couple of memorable tailgates in Cleveland (and I have pictures).

3. It's a tie. They all share the title.

4. Prettiest place around here would be the Blue Ridge Parkway.

5. I attended my 10th reunion and had fun but generally they're held at a time of the year when I'm too busy to travel. I had lots of pals in high school but few close friends so I guess I'm not really that motivated to try to make it. I don't think we had a slogan. If we did, it wasn't memorable.

Colt McCoy is the best Browns QB ... ever.

Besides in my pants? ... any tailgate spent with my buddies Don & Ed.

They are all equally dumb. The dumbest reasoning for being here though was given about two weeks ago by a combination of them. They have browns envy and it is so cute.

The Cleveland metroparks, drop in somewhere behind the IX center and head South toward Pearl Road in Strongsville. Also Kirtland is pretty cool.

I've attended recent reunions the past two years for the first time in 15 years. No, my school did not have a slogan like that. Did you guys wear shoes and shirts?

To Cleveland Sound: Do you think our class slogan, Sin Sex LSD was sanctioned by school officials? Obviously not. It is something you just develop yourselve and damn the school. Also, FYI, no one forces you to drink at a tailgate party. We didn't drink at the ones in South Carolina.

My student body was too split up and stuck up to even have the creativity to come up with anything remotely close to a slogan. And trust me, when I see beer, I drink beer. It would just be a horrible distraction haha. Same with the ladies :)

My boys attended VT and South Carolina. Curiously, I've never been to a tailgate or a football game at either school. Hmmm. I might have to remedy that one of these days.

No, because they are not fun any more, and no. And I'm guessing you took the LSD part pretty serious!

Actually, the LSD part was probably pure fantasy....as most likely the sex part was too. I would wager that out of a class of 250 that you could probably count on one hand the number of people that actually took LSD in high school. As for the sex, I suspect there was a lot more talk and a lots less action when it came to sex. But, it sounded good anyway as a way to tweek the noses of the school authorities.

So....you were a bull shit artist, in denial, way back then too?

No, are you paying attention at all? I said that our class slogan was Sin, Sex, LSD, we're the Class of 70. I never claimed to have ever taken LSD. Based on your meanderings and paranoia however, I should venture to say that it has been a very good friend of yours over the years. You certainly act like you are tripping all the time.

Kosar Best, Ken Dorsey worst. Since Kosar, Testeverde has been the best. Since Testeverde, I'd have to go with Couch ... although Seneca was growing on me before the injury.

Nothing beats the Roach-Skippy Brownsboard production. I have only been to the old location, looking forward to partying in the new location in just a few weeks.

Wow. The dumbest of the dumb I just ban them. There were some doosies. Of the regulars, Gafreleets is pretty dumb, but I think Formerly Stone takes the cake.

Elk County, Pennsylvania. I'm partial because I grew up there, but it is pretty nice.

I'm class of 1982, if we had a slogan it would have been "Hey, fuck you, we're the class of '82". Went to my 25th in 07. My class had a lot of hot chicks and only about two of them were hot anymore.

Zombo

I'm class of 1982, if we had a slogan it would have been "Hey, xxxx you, we're the class of '82". Went to my 25th in 07. My class had a lot of hot chicks and only about two of them were hot anymore.

Is it fair to say that your class slogan was not sanctioned by the school administration?

Funny thing is that of my class, quite a few of the women are still pretty hot... for their age.

Bernie Kosar by far. The rest don't matter, there were too many bad ones to pick the worst.

My first one, that hasn't happened yet. I always watch the games with Dad and my Wifie

Homo, Gaf and Pitifully Cloned tie for first. I'm just forgetting to the rest of the dumbest ones are...

Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Mountains... and our woods. We don't have to drive there, and we own them.

5. This weekend is also my 40th High School Class Reunion.

Never did go to those... was always invited, but I was in the Air Force the first four years, and none of my close friends went to them either.

We weren't a close class.... @@

1. OK, the subject was brought up elsewhere: Who IS the best Browns QB of the last 20 years? Who was the worst? Best: Bernie Kosar. Worst: Doug Pederson

2. Where was the best tailgate party you have ever attended?- Muni lot

3. Who IS the Dumbest Steeler Troll on this Board?- Wow awfully close, I have to go with Steeler SChick, with Gafreleets, followed by Formerly Stone.

4. This is the height of the fall leaf peeping season. Where in your opinion is the best place to see the fall colors?- Amish Country... Holmes County.

5. This weekend is also my 40th High School Class Reunion. Our class had a slogan that went like this: SIN, SEX, LSD, we're the Class of 70. Now, the questions are: Do you attend your high school reunions? If not, why not. And did your class have a slogan like we did?- Did not attend my 10 yr, because my grandfather was in the hospital, and passed away right around the time of the reunion. But my 20 yr is coming up, so I may go. I'm class of 91. One slogan we had was "We have sex, we have fun, we are the class of 91."

***I suppose Kosar, though he was past his prime.

***Jacksonville. Fla for the Florida/Georgia Worlds Largest Cocktail Party...they don't want it called that anymore.....but tough, it is what it is.

***They all have their moments, both good and bad.

*** Probably a tie between Vermont in early Oct or the Smokies in late Oct.

No slogan that I can remember....I have been to a couple over the years but I don't go out of my way to block off dates and call it a "must do" weekend.

Brian Sipe had the most skill, there have been quite a few bad ones

Don't remember one that jumps out at me, maybe I'm not tailgating that well

There are a few knuckleheads

Just took a drive down to central Ohio this week, the rural parts were beautiful

I went to my 5-year reunion, it was informal but nice to see everybody. No slogan or song though

Brian Sipe had the most skill, there have been quite a few bad ones

Brian Sipe hasn't played for the Browns since the early 80s. You might want to try again. Essentially I am talking about going back to the 1990 season. Choose which QB was best for a single year, or for his whole tenure with the Browns.

Allegheny National Forest, Forest or Elk county

See Zombo, you do have a redeeming quality.

That does sound like it would be pretty. I have heard that Route 6 going across northern PA is very scenic, but when I have gone that way to Philly or NYC or beyond I have always taken I-80. Even I-80 across there would probably be pretty nice this time of year.

The Cleveland metroparks, drop in somewhere behind the IX center and head South toward Pearl Road in Strongsville. Also Kirtland is pretty cool.

Here is one of my views from my drive home from work last night through the Cleveland Metroparks near my home:

36175_1538396693246_1034751689_1479569_3

Here is one of my views from my drive home from work last night through the Cleveland Metroparks near my home:

36175_1538396693246_1034751689_1479569_3000762_n.jpg

Very nice. The Metroparks are one of the hidden gems in this region. Always loved going to the Cleveland Zoo as a kid, as well as Hinckley, and the Brecksville Reservation. Loved walking the trails.

Archived