THE BROWNS BOARD

Jerome Harrison traded for Mike Bell (Jay Glazer reporting)

St. Louis Browns

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bell did OK in that three--headed monster the champions Saints had at RB last year, led them in carries. Averaged 3.8 per.

Had a decent stretch for the Broncos one year too.

I hope he is a good blocker and a good special teamer ... Harrison was a horrible blocker.

Zombo

Joe thomas will be the next to want out...but hey he sucks too..

But what else can you do when the player no longer fits in the scheme of things and bell couldnt do any worse from running through the tackle and guard then harrison was doing...

Looks like we are in a full scale non stop rebuild with heckert on board, maybe he can give the gini everything he needs to go 4-12 next year!

Seriously any action from upstairs that moves a player that does not fit in for one that might is better than being idle..i hope harrison does well in his new home and finds the game time surrounding more comfortable..

Bell did OK in that thre--headed monster the champions Saints had at RB last year, led them in carries. Averaged 3.8 per.

Had a decent stretch for the Broncos one year too.

I hope he is a good blocker and a good special teamer ... Harrison was a horrible blocker.

Zombo

I think BELL is much more similar to Hillis...it seems during the Atlanta game that the change of style from Hillis to Harrison was disrupting the timing of the run blocking scheme. With a back like Bell, the lineman can utilize the same tempo in their run blocking assignments.

I think BELL is much more similar to Hillis...it seems during the Atlanta game that the change of style from Hillis to Harrison was disrupting the timing of the run blocking scheme. With a back like Bell, the lineman can utilize the same tempo in their run blocking assignments.

Schefter is reporting that we almost traded Harrison two weeks ago, but the deal fell through:

"Cleveland nearly dealt Jerome Harrison elsewhere two weeks ago, but deal fell through. Only a matter of time before trade materialized."

http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

What the hell is wrong with you people. Thomas has been a Pro Bowler for what 3 years in a row and one bad game means he sucks. Also Thomas loves playing in Cleveland, he has made that evident over the years he has played here and at the very least, Thomas isn't the kind of person who is going to let guys get through to hurt people just to get traded. If you think that he would you might seriously be mentally challenged.

But what else can you do when the player no longer fits in the scheme of things and bell couldnt do any worse from running through the tackle and guard then harrison was doing...

Looks like we are in a full scale non stop rebuild with heckert on board, maybe he can give the gini everything he needs to go 4-12 next year!

Seriously any action from upstairs that moves a player that does not fit in for one that might is better than being idle..i hope harrison does well in his new home and finds the game time surrounding more comfortable..

Your posts are ridiculously negative. Harrison xxxxing sucked.. I'm glad he is gone. Thomas is a stud, and loves playing here. He will be a Brown for a long time. Maybe you could try being patient and giving this management sometime instead of knee jerking and spewing your bullshit all over every thread you post in. Mangini needs time. He has improved this team so much that I can actually watch on Sundays without being disgusted (for the most part). Even some of the trolls on this board are recognizing this team is heading in the right direction.

So stop with the negativity.

Stop with the bullshit.

Try posting something productive for a change besides OMG FIRE MANGINA!!!!1!

Jerome Harrison was traded straight up for Mike Bell according to Jay Glazer.

"Eagles have traded rb mike bell to browns for rb jerome harrison"

http://twitter.com/jay_glazer

he looks ok.. Not sure how he will be ready by sunday but here is a video of him: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...Bell-highlights

besides the fumble he looked fine..

Your posts are ridiculously negative. Harrison xxxxing sucked.. I'm glad he is gone. Thomas is a stud, and loves playing here. He will be a Brown for a long time. Maybe you could try being patient and giving this management sometime instead of knee jerking and spewing your bullshit all over every thread you post in. Mangini needs time. He has improved this team so much that I can actually watch on Sundays without being disgusted (for the most part). Even some of the trolls on this board are recognizing this team is heading in the right direction.

So stop with the negativity.

Stop with the bullshit.

Try posting something productive for a change besides OMG FIRE MANGINA!!!!1!

i'm done with Gips. responding to his posts only dignifies that tripe.

What some of you are failing to realize is that we now have another big back to spell hillis, and keep the pounding on the opposing D going. It couldnt be any better. This will be an early look at what having two big backs will look like in the back field next season.

What some of you are failing to realize is that we now have another big back to spell hillis, and keep the pounding on the opposing D going. It couldnt be any better. This will be an early look at what having two big backs will look like in the back field next season.

Doesn't matter how big he is if he sucks.

I loved the Harrison pick when we drafted him, loved the kid in college, but almost immediately it was clear that he wasn't gonna cut it in this league as he copuldn't break a shoe-string tackle to save his life. Then he started working out with Jamal Lewis and beefed-up and I started giving him the benefit of doubt again. With experience and hopefully learning how to finally block, I gave hiom a chance this season as our starter heading into the season, although doubted he had any break-away speed to hit home runs. All of sudden Peyton Hillis comes along and makes Harrison look like the buggle gum running back in the jar with all the others who couldn't cut it in this league. For Heckert to get something for this guy is awesome. Bell can add a thing or two ... I'm thrilled with this trade.

I'm thrilled that management ain't sitting on their salaries waiting another off-season ... Now, trade three of our useless receivers for one that belongs in the NFL.

Harrison played well at the end of the season against terrible teams jocking for draft position. I'm not saying the kid doesnt have any talent, but those games are a little misleading....

Also against the premier defense, he was very very average. the final few games raised his stock. Also when we tendered him there were no takers ..... interesting, no ?

Harrison played well at the end of the season against terrible teams jocking for draft position. I'm not saying the kid doesnt have any talent, but those games are a little misleading....

fwiw lots of running backs face those same teams every season and very very few of them have the kind of impact that harrison had in those games

200+ rush yards is an accomplishment against any defense in this league

dont discredit what harrison did last season because he was a backup this season

but as a saints fan i got to watch a lot of bell last season. he was our best running back through the first half of the season and only dropped off because his carries decreased. he could've been a thousand yard back last season. once i got the text for this trade i new it was a great addition for the brownies because he runs almost exactly like hillis

hes a little quicker and sometimes he'll try to bounce it outside, but for the most part he is just like hillis. a one cut, downhill runner

I loved the Harrison pick when we drafted him, loved the kid in college, but almost immediately it was clear that he wasn't gonna cut it in this league as he copuldn't break a shoe-string tackle to save his life. Then he started working out with Jamal Lewis and beefed-up and I started giving him the benefit of doubt again. With experience and hopefully learning how to finally block, I gave hiom a chance this season as our starter heading into the season, although doubted he had any break-away speed to hit home runs. All of sudden Peyton Hillis comes along and makes Harrison look like the buggle gum running back in the jar with all the others who couldn't cut it in this league. For Heckert to get something for this guy is awesome. Bell can add a thing or two ... I'm thrilled with this trade.

I'm thrilled that management ain't sitting on their salaries waiting another off-season ... Now, trade three of our useless receivers for one that belongs in the NFL.

Is Heckert a hypnotist as well ? Cause that's what it would take to get a legit starter for our three current pretenders. Wish it wasn't so. If only Mike Ditka was still calling the shots somewhere.

from what ive seen from other teams sites around the league, people think cleveland just made a horrible decision

however, you guys know this just made the browns better and other teams that dont pay attention to cleveland sports have no idea what they are talking about in regards to the brownies

Archived