THE BROWNS BOARD

Jerome Harrison traded for Mike Bell (Jay Glazer reporting)

St. Louis Browns

How could Harrison look so good last season and then so poorly this year? Maybe he didn't want to play for this team? Great steal for the Eagles... The guy some skill

Harrison doesn't break tackles. He isn't going to get many huge holes against our division opponents.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't get all excited. We traded one crappy back to another. Hopefully i'm wrong, but Bell's numbers aren't great and my Eagles buddy said he was just ok with them.

Doesn't matter how big he is if he sucks.

He has only been with the Eagles for this season and if you look at his numbers from last year he was the third back in New Orlean's but he had the most carries of the three and he was 2nd in rushing. If we are going off of numbers then we got rid of a sucky back and got one in return so what the hell does it matter to you. At least now we have a backup with the same running style as Hillis.

Harrison doesn't break tackles. He isn't going to get many huge holes against our division opponents.

Exactly, Harrison can be dangerous when there are openings. And with Philly's better passing attack with DeSean Jackson & Maclin, I expect more holes to open up for him meaning better performance and also for some deranged Browns fan to scream for Mangini and Heckerts head cos we traded away a "good RB".

The system helps the players and the players help the system.

imo its a good trade, if people had a coulpe more games to base harrisons performance off of, we may not have been able to get anything from him. he did well last season, but now they have footage on him, just like DA, they stop him easy. just force him to cut and and hes dead meat, thats how they played him this year and thats why he stunk. hes always trying to break the big 30+ yard runs from last season, and makes too many cuts and moves instead of just running down field and going for whatever he can get, which is what hillis does.

LOVE IT!!!! Is it Christmas already cause the Eagles just gave us a gift. Sheldon Brown, Chris GoCong and now Mike Bell. We've only given up a 4th & 5th rounder, Alex Hall (who the Eagles cut), and Jerome Harrison. Bells only 27 so he has many years left, and has Superbowl experience. Cant wait till Sunday, finally will be able to run the ball when Hillis needs a breather.

If Bell can pass block, I already like him better than Harrison. You've got poor Peyton Hillis hobbling and fighting to stay in the game and this guy can't even bust a decent carry. There's a lot of "want to" in Hillis and I'm sorry but there isn't in Harrison. "The Ghost" must refer to his pass blocking ability where he'd turn invisible regularly.

So that is like five in year and a half of a full time back? Don't know what everyone is creaming about that doesn't count for how many he put on the ground. I saw two in one game with my own eyes.

This guys total career carries are a little more that starting full time backs get in one season, and he only has 5 fumbles. Plus his two in one game came his rookie year, where you would expect a back to drop some balls.

This guys total career carries are a little more that starting full time backs get in one season, and he only has 5 fumbles. Plus his two in one game came his rookie year, where you would expect a back to drop some balls.

Which is more reason why he shouldn't of put the ball on the ground 5 times in 370 plus carries.

Harrison fumbled a lot. maybe even more?

Proof? Not saying I like Harrison better, but like we just traded Ryan Leaf for J. Russell. Not a big deal or story guy. Just wait I'll be back here when he lays 2 out against the Stoolers. Yea he's a bigger back, that is about it. Wrong RB for the wrong O-Line. My mom (RIP) would run better with the chop blocking line they had in Denver at the time. Dude I was at every Bronco game when I lived there (free). Who the hell made Jake Plummer flick off the crowd? Me.

I am telling you straight up, that unless Mangini can solve his fumbling problems (which a SUPER BOWL winner) Mike Shannon could not do, it's a bad "trade". But I guess who gives a xxxx, he wasn't playing anyways, what do we have to lose?

mike bell had one legitimate fumble last season. the 2nd fumble was from getting hit while he was taking the handoff. it had nothing to do with his ability to hold onto the ball and had more to do with the fact that our LT couldnt block to save his life

mike bell had one legitimate fumble last season. the 2nd fumble was from getting hit while he was taking the handoff. it had nothing to do with his ability to hold onto the ball and had more to do with the fact that our LT couldnt block to save his life

How many rushes?

I saw him fumble 10 times with the nest o line in football. Covered up by the same o line that was blocking for him.

I saw him fumble 10 times with the nest o line in football. Covered up by the same o line that was blocking for him.

thats funny cuz he doesnt have 10 fumbles in his entire career

http://www.nfl.com/players/mikebell/profile?id=BEL512977

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9864

I love my browns. Making a trade mid season no way

the browns got better.

harrison has taken 6 carries over the past 3 weeks. mike bell didnt fit in the pass first offense in philly. but when the saints ran the ball, mike bell was the go to guy and in this browns offense where running the ball is key, it will help a ton to have another guy who runs north and south behind the best left side in all of football

Look up Denver post stories where he's a joke

denver was nearly 3 years ago and in his second season there he didnt get enough carries

in his first season in denver he had comparable numbers to his last season in new orleans as a super bowl champ

157 carries for 677 yards in his first season in denver

172 carries for 654 yards in his only season in new orleans

Archived