THE BROWNS BOARD

The Real Power Rankings

The Gipper

i don't see why you are so quick to shut this fact down. as it stands, the steelers are dead last in the division. there is no argument. i know that they are tied for the best record and are one of the best teams in the league, but nobody can argue those numbers. it's a fact.

Dead last in division games. We also only played one. What relevance does this hold for anyone outside of those trying to make a half assed argument for themselves? It doesn't. I wasn't arguing. I was laughing at the attempt. It should also be noted that Balimore had to use the entire game to put the game away against our 4th string QB. I wasn't impressed with anything they showed on the field. Todd Heap made one hell of a block. Ben is back and the Steelers are a different animal.

Dead last in division games. We also only played one. What relevance does this hold for anyone outside of those trying to make a half assed argument for themselves? It doesn't. I wasn't arguing. I was laughing at the attempt. It should also be noted that Balimore had to use the entire game to put the game away against our 4th string QB. I wasn't impressed with anything they showed on the field. Todd Heap made one hell of a block. Ben is back and the Steelers are a different animal.

Two of the Steelers win were outside the conference, most people say the NFC is inferrior to the AFC, so who have the Steelers really played?

Two of the Steelers win were outside the conference, most people say the NFC is inferrior to the AFC, so who have the Steelers really played?

Bucs

Titans

Falcons

Ravens

It's no wonder you found your way to this message board. The hilarious argument spins are shameful, you fit right in.

Bucs

Titans

Falcons

Ravens

It's no wonder you found your way to this message board. The hilarious argument spins are shameful, you fit right in.

Buccaneers are not as good as their record dictates, much like the Browns aren't as bad as their record dictates.

Titans are not much better than they were last year.

The Falcons and Ravens are respectable teams, the Steelers got very luck in OT to beat the Falcons and the Ravens beat the Steelers.

So half of the Steelers games this season have been legit.

Buccaneers are not as good as their record dictates, much like the Browns aren't as bad as their record dictates.

Titans are not much better than they were last year.

The Falcons and Ravens are respectable teams, the Steelers got very luck in OT to beat the Falcons and the Ravens beat the Steelers.

So half of the Steelers games this season have been legit.

Who has said any of those teams were world beaters? I certainly haven't but you're ignoring one simple fact Capt. Spin. Who was under center for the Steelers during those 4 games and who is coming back this week? I'll let you answer. Take Manning away from the Colts, Brady away from the Pats, Brees away from the Saints and what's their record? Hell take Flacco away from the Ravens. They certainly don't beat the Steelers without Flacco and likely lose to the Browns. Soooo Mr. Holier than thou where are we going to take this argument now?

The Ravens weren't lucky to beat the Steelers but the Steelers were lucky to beat the Falcons? Let's play with facts if we're going to play. Yes the Steelers are last in the division for division games. Joe Flacco and the Raven offense did next to nothing unitl the final drive. I still don't see how the Steelers were lucky to beat the Falcons. We pounded the rock all game, something was eventually bound to break down and sure enough it did in OT. You act as if Mendenhall limped in to the endzone. I just want you to be sure to visit this board after Ben has been under center a few games. We'll see if you're singing the same song.

Who has said any of those teams were world beaters? I certainly haven't but you're ignoring one simple fact Capt. Spin. Who was under center for the Steelers during those 4 games and who is coming back this week? I'll let you answer. Take Manning away from the Colts, Brady away from the Pats, Brees away from the Saints and what's their record? Hell take Flacco away from the Ravens. They certainly don't beat the Steelers without Flacco and likely lose to the Browns. Soooo Mr. Holier than thou where are we going to take this argument now?

The Ravens weren't lucky to beat the Steelers but the Steelers were lucky to beat the Falcons? Let's play with facts if we're going to play. Yes the Steelers are last in the division for division games. Joe Flacco and the Raven offense did next to nothing unitl the final drive. I still don't see how the Steelers were lucky to beat the Falcons. We pounded the rock all game, something was eventually bound to break down and sure enough it did in OT. You act as if Mendenhall limped in to the endzone. I just want you to be sure to visit this board after Ben has been under center a few games. We'll see if you're singing the same song.

Since I don't speculate, how about if I use facts?

Didn't Matt Cassell win 11 games as the QB for the Patriots when Brady was lost for the year after one quarter of football in 2008? The Patriots won one fewer games with Tom Brady in 2009. How about when Drew Brees was let go by the Chargers after the 2005 season? The Chargers were 9-7 in 2005 and 12-4 in 2006 without him.

Would 2004 when the Kyle Boller led Ravens beat the Ben Roethlisberger led Steelers count?

Or better yet in 2006 when the Steve McNair led Ravens swept the Ben led Steelers 58-7(combined score of both games)?

This year I am sure a former SB MVP like Marc Bulger could beat the Ben led Steelers.

Now I know you didn't watch the Ravens @ Steelers game this year. The Steelers did drive down the field and score on the first drive, but then the Ravens D held the rest of the game until the 4th quarter. The Ravens tied the score with a TD early in the second and a FG right before the half. The Ravens held that lead until Bendenfall scored a TD with 7:22 left in the game. The Ravens missed scoring on a drive and turned the ball over on 4th right before the two minute warning, then held the Steelers to a 3 and out. The Steelers punted and made a penalty on the return allowing the Ravens one more shot from the Steelers 40. Four plays later the Ravens scored with 35 seconds left on the clock. Then Batch threw an INT (the Ravens first for the year) to Ray Lewis cementing the win for the Ravens.

Now to stats after refreshing you on the game. Joe Flacco threw for 256 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. How is that next to nothing? If the Ravens passing game wasn't working then it surely wasn't the Ravens 70 rushing yards for the game.

Bendenfall was held to 3.3 rushing yards per carry in regulation @ Falcons, that is not that good. It was the one 50 yard TD run in OT that gave him a 5.5 rushing average for the game. 70 yards 0TD before OT sucks, 120 yards 1 TD after OT won some lucky SOB a fantasy football game. You do see how nearly half of Bendenfall's yards came off of one play, don't you?

It will never occur so we won't have to try it. Still no excuse for a host of horrendous drafts since that point. How many players on your starting line up where drafted? Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, Eric Wright, TJ Ward are the guys off the top of my head. 15 years later you cannot blame the Browns being sold for your on the field woes. It's been a complete and total meltdown across the board. 15 years is plenty of time to turn anything around.

I heard this statistic over the weekend: From the drafts years 1999-2008 the Steelers still have 22 drafted players on their current roster. The Browns have 5. (though it is not, 15, more like 11 years, the point is well made)

This doesn't say how many draftees are still in the league. I would be curious to know that number. Some of the Browns more well known draft picks are actually playing elsewhere and doing decently: Braylon, K2, Faine.

It still points out the deficiency in the Browns drafting.

Archived