THE BROWNS BOARD

The Big Bad Steeler D

Earl34

Just read James Walkers most recent blog about Pittsburgh being the lone dominant team in the NFL. Lay it to rest. I'm not saying I"m a big Walker fan. I'm not but what he said is true. Take any number of the franchise QB's away from their team and see what they're records are, they sure as hell wouldn't be 3-1. Also look at the records of the teams we have beat. We gave the Falcons and the Bucs their only losses this year and beat the Titans who now sit at 3-2. You also need to take heed to the fact that as Gaf said our defense has been on the field A LOT because of our relatively putrid offense. I believe it's last in the league for passing yards. Ben is back so that will be no more. We have the most balanced team in the NFL. Oh and so much for that decline. lmao

They deleted that infamous thread so maybe that means they have stopped grasping straws. But most likely it was just a bit too embarrassing to still have around! :ph34r:

the Browns always talk trash but cannot ever back it up on the football field.

Who is impressed with Mangini and Holmgren?

Colt McCoy is a wimpy QB who has no business playing in the NFL.

Im not impressed by daboll at all nor mangini's tolerance of him but there is measurable improvement as a fan that i wont deny and from the aspect of what heckert has brought to cleveland its only going to get better, we are still rebuilding and yet we will at minimum give the stoolers a run for their money if not beat the crap out of that small weak secondary with our running game and win outright..

While i sometimes get pissed and like to bash mangini for the things he doesnt do the fact is he has done many things that will make this team a nightmare for the stoolers or any team in a couple of years, if holmgren keeps him and if heckert keeps feeding him what he wants and needs, cleveland becomes sparta! A power team both on the ground and in the air, not as tactical as much as just old skool brutal and in your face...and that is bad news for everyone in the afcn, if mangini and heckert can actually pull it down...

So i would say to the stooler fools enjoy the now because the future is ours! And while i and many others dislike our current OC with or without him we are rebuilding to win tomorrow and that is evident, not only to win tomorrow but to do it in a way browns fans deserve...now tell me you dont see and fear this?

Because you have to know its coming under holmgren....

lay it to rest? one guy offering his opinion is not the tell tale sign of a guy being right. that's just absurd.

One guy's opinion? James Walker isn't the only one signing that song. A rational human being can also look at the stats, look at our run game WITH TEAMS stacking the box. You then insert Roethlisberger and teams can no longer stack the box which creates running lanes, which then forces defense to challenge the run which opens passing lanes. It's a vicious cycle for a defense AND THEN you have OUR defense. Pittsburgh is the most dominant team in the league. We went 3-1 without our franchise QB. Now he's back with a chip on his shoulder and a supposed new lease on life. It's going to be tough sledding for the rest of the league from this week forward.

Archived